Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 06-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO

Drives: 2013 Camaro
2001 M5 BMW, Black on Black. Los Angeles Area

Ok guys, I've got a 2001 BMW M5. All stock, no mods whatsoever. I'll be posting pics later, I'm just trying to see if I'd have anyone interested from Camaro5.

The story is a friend of mine bought the car 6 years ago, put maybe 2,000 miles on it and got locked up. Now he no longer lives here, car has been in storage for about 4 years, almost 5. Car always had a car cover on it but it did sit outside in the desert, and the car cover ripped apart about a year ago. He needs the money now that he's out and I'm fixing and selling it for him since he longer lives here. He had lost the ignition keys but I have the pink slip in hand signed and all. I'm not fixed on price yet but I'll be taking offers...

Low mileage, only 65,375 miles on it. Car has been sitting and I'm working on getting it back to driving condition... Meaning new battery, new fuel pump, new tires. Also has two brand new OEM keys from the dealer. 394 horse power 4.9L, 12-19 MPG.

Interior is mint condition, no cracks in the leather. Paint has some faded spots. The wheels are losing their chrome, but I plan on plastidipping them white to go offset the black car. Tires were sun scorched and ruined, getting new tires but I'm not sure if I'll get some cheaper import ones or some nice ones. It depends on the offers I get. The car has no performance mods, it's bonestock.

I will be posting pictures once the car is washed and any further problems have been found/fixed. I'm waiting on the fuel pump to arrive so I can install it, but I ran the car with just carburetor cleaner and engine seemed to run OK. Once I get it driving you will see more information.

Post replies or PM me if you have any interest. This is for serious offers only, price will be in the tens of digits. The KBB value of the car is $17,500 at current mileage in excellent condition, $15,750 in fair condition.

The car is located in the Antelope Valley in southern California. I will not be delivering the car out of state or to northern California, I might be willing to drive an hour distance if that, and ONLY for serious buyers...

Will keep you all up to date.

Last edited by TommyTheCat; 06-30-2014 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Corrected mileage
TommyTheCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:08 PM   #2
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO

Washed the car bored while waiting for the fuel pump which won't be here to Saturday... Here are some pics. Wheels look terrible as is, all peeling. I noticed there a few dings on the roof near driver side, will get closer pictures of those later. One small ding I found on the hood towards the front passenger side. Definitely needs a window tint of at least 20% all around! And it looks like there was some slight rust on the driver side at the bottom piece. I suppose you'd call that the rocker or sideskirt? It should be replaced, not sure if I'll do that myself or not yet. Couple little paint bubble on the passenger mirror, probably from little scratches and then heat. The interior is spotless though, only problem I've noticed is the instrument cluster lighting is kind of jacked, it's usually like that on most BMWs I work on so not much to do about it. I want to keep original cluster for mileage sake. Front little cover is missing I just noticed after taking the picture... And the BMW logo on the hood is faded. Really all those things are very minor, most important being the rust but I know that the small things really count.

TLDR; Here are pictures enjoy

This picture shows the rear seats moved to replace the fuel pump. But no cracks in the leather is what I'm trying to show.

And here is the mileage, along with the problem I mentioned above with the screen display. Right where it tells you fasten up.

-EDIT-
Not sure what happened to the pictures, seems like they were deleted an hour after posting. I will post them again later.

Last edited by TommyTheCat; 06-27-2014 at 08:42 PM.
TommyTheCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
pgviper

Drives: 67' Pro Touring Camaro
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
Best M car made to date.

Good luck with sale!
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:55 PM   #4
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
Best M car made to date.

Good luck with sale!
Thanks! I'm just hoping I don't fall in love with her while fixing her up... Might have to keep her and ruin my bank account!
Old 06-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #5
pgviper

Drives: 67' Pro Touring Camaro
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Thanks! I'm just hoping I don't fall in love with her while fixing her up... Might have to keep her and ruin my bank account!
You def. should. These cars are classics in every sense of the word. If I could, I would buy this from you today but i'm just not in a place to do so. I always keep my eyes open for a clean low mileage M5.

Best of luck with sale but you're going to have a hard time finding something that can live up to an e39 M5.
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:25 AM   #6
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO

Bump
Bimmer is up and running, unfortunately some of the spiders have hatched from the undercarriage and that garage is infested with literally hundreds of spiders and webs.

Running but not sell-ready yet, looks like a MAF problem. Not sure if both MAFs will need to be replaced yet or what exactly is going on, haven't had much time to work on her since she's basically a side project for now.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:11 AM   #7
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO

bump

ok sort of forgot about this thread but the M5 is running great after that MAF replacement, no problems since. had the wheels sanded down and chromed, looks a lot better will need to upload some pics or send them if anyone is interested.

I am looking for $15,000 or best offer

this is a clean title low mileage BMW... windows were just tinted lightly, 40% front and 30% rear with a 5% windshield strip.

actually had a guy come and make an offer, test drove it and love it, then he realized the low MPGs and had to back out. so you all know, don't expect great mileage from an M5... rated at like 13 city 21 hwy?

If there are any serious offers PM me and I will get back to you asap, I check these forums for PMs when my email lets me know I have one waiting.

pics will be added as soon as I get a chance...

tow hitch cover in the front is missing in a few pics, I have it just did not put it back on when I took original pictures. wheels are now shiny chrome with new tires, chrome locking lug nuts and chrome valve stem cover no cheap rubber.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:16 PM   #8
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO

Just adding some pictures
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #9
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO

price is $1000 off for camaro5 members
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant...693341391.html