Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #26
Rikarus
I can't tpye!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Victory Red
it looks like someone came up and booted it! friggen wangs! Sorry man!
Rikarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #27
optical
The Pilot

Drives: 1993 Chevy C1500 Ext Cab, 5.7L
Dude that sucks man. Im sorry that had to happen to you. People these days have no respect for other people's property. I have no idea why they wouldnt but they just dont. Sad world we live in today... :(

Last edited by optical; 08-10-2009 at 04:28 PM.
optical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #28
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Man that really blows!!! I can't park far enough away from everyone else in a parking lot. And you know you come out of the store and find the oldest, most dinged up car parked near it.
It was hard to see in the black, body work can be done at shop, be thhankful your not having to replace parts that dealer might not be able to get to. That would really suck.
CruznSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #29
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Well there goes taking mine to football practice tonight. Sorry to hear it
Old 08-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #30
tribone
Cruisin' the Caribbean ..

Drives: Powered by LSX
Send a message via AIM to tribone Send a message via Yahoo to tribone
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight_23 View Post
You guys should have seen him at the Motorgen meet when a Vette almost hit his parked Camaro head on...and when another Vette tapped his Camaro with his car door
Yup.
I thought i was going to have to call on the Suburbans.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #31
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: Blown beast.
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by quedogf94 View Post
I thought my car was safe in the garage at my house. My 5 year son asked me if he could ride his scooter, I said sure BE CAREFULL. I went inside the garage and saw a hand print on my front fender, below his hand print was a 3 inch scratch to the metal. Cost me $400 to fix. All toys are off limits inside the garage now! Zero tolerance.
So I guess it's not even safe at home. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Real cars have scratches...enjoy them
Agreed, but NOT dents. I'm totaly cool with damage as long as it's ME that causes it. Somehow it's not so bad when it's your own fault.

Strike 2 dude.
One more strike and you're not driving my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Agreed.

Thats what I was thinking when I found my damage...Can't own up to a simple accident shows no integrity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight_23 View Post
You guys should have seen him at the Motorgen meet when a Vette almost hit his parked Camaro head on...and when another Vette tapped his Camaro with his car door
Old 08-10-2009, 04:26 PM   #32
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
I guess its a good thing that you didn't see them do it and then start to drive off, OR we might be getting this update from JAIL. I feel your pain, we all do.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:26 PM   #33
1320junkie
Account Suspended

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
So I guess it's not even safe at home. lol

Agreed, but NOT dents. I'm totaly cool with damage as long as it's ME that causes it. Somehow it's not so bad when it's your own fault.

Strike 2 dude.
One more strike and you're not driving my car.

I see that it's business as usual for the Bills already, they lost...Looooserssssss...lmao
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #34
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
I see that it's business as usual for the Bills already, they lost...Looooserssssss...lmao
Well, let's see. Uhhhhhh....... Nope. Won't hurt their playoff chances.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #35
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I guess its a good thing that you didn't see them do it and then start to drive off, OR we might be getting this update from JAIL. I feel your pain, we all do.
I have been known to 'react' poorly.

We had a problem with a kid driving like 60 mph through our neighborhood a long time ago. One time me and a buddy was playing catch with a baseball with my 4 yr old son in the yard. This punk kid was screaming by at the WRONG time. I had a baseball in my hand and I was close to the street. I saw the dent in the door as it happened. Kid didn't stop or come back. I fully expected a parent to knock on my door complaining but they never came. Bonnie was PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was in 1996 in Auburn, WA and I was only 26 yrs old. But I think I'd do it again now. We told that punk about the 25 mph limit. Small children and such. Oh, well.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #36
tribone
Cruisin' the Caribbean ..

Drives: Powered by LSX
Send a message via AIM to tribone Send a message via Yahoo to tribone
Quote:
Well, let's see. Uhhhhhh....... Nope. Won't hurt their playoff chances.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #37
Van

Drives: 2006 EVO MR - 390 @ wheels
Personally, I won't take the Camaro out for sometime to anyplace where I know dumb****s drive and park. That means most public places around here...but that's also why I have more than one vehicle.

Sorry to hear about the damage man. Real sorry. You put all that work in keeping her shiny, getting the nice / expensive wheels...and then someone comes along and ****s it up. You should try and see if there are any Cameras in the lot where you were, and ask to see the footage that day to try and get the plate of the person who hit and run.

FWIW...there are people with integrity. My fiance's car was hit while in a parking garage at USAA. The person who hit her car called security, security called my fiancee who subsequently went out to see the damage. The other driver took responsibility and had the vehicle fixed on "her" dime...well USAA's dime rather. So there are people out there who are decent. Too bad the one that got you wasn't one of them.
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/18/2009 TPW 9/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 8/24/2009
3400, Order broadcast 9/1/2009
3800, Order produced 9/11/2009
4200, Shipped 9/11/2009
5000, Delivered to the dealer

Last edited by Van; 08-10-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #38
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
So we went out on the town with some freinds and I parked my car in a pretty safe spot (or so I thought) and I get back to find someone hit my car. What the hell do I have to do, never drive it?

I just don't understand. I've NEVER hit anything before in my life while out driving or parking. I just don't understand. If you're not sure about the maneuver, DON'T DO IT. Some peopl, I think, just don't give a $hit about anyone but themselves.

Attachment 44860Attachment 44861
Attachment 44862Attachment 44863
Seems to 'disapear' a little with the black though.
Attachment 44864

Pretty shiny huh?
Attachment 44865
F***!!!!!! I can't stand these people, irpq. This is why I get so damn nervous everywhere I go. I can't leave the car alone unless I have a visual bead on it. When I was in Wildwood NJ, the attention made me more nervous than satisfied. Actually drove home and picked up my Cobalt before my vacation was over. I hope this car isn't your everyday driver. My Cobalt SS/SC is but the wheels are getting destroyed from all the rocks. I've given up on the cosmetics of it. Gotta get yourself an everyday driver man.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #39
gold5000000

Drives: n/a
check the security cameras on near by building if there are any
gold5000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #40
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
man ... today i parked at work and the guy parked right next to me... note im in my 2006 sebring... so close i cant even come out of my car... i look at him... he looks at me... and im like wtf... i had to move my car... some ppl i tell you... pffttt
CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #41
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikarus View Post
it looks like someone came up and booted it! friggen wangs! Sorry man!
I agree. It doesn't look like a car hit it. I think someone vandalized your car.

I guess we will need to hire a bodyguard for our cars when we leave them alone in parking lots.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #42
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
That would really hurt me to see that. If you lived in Houston, I'd blame one of my kids. Since you don't, they are off the hook for this one.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #43
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:

Not over possesive. Maybe unrealistic but I guess I just expect for people to give me the same respect that I give people.

This punk kid was screaming by at the WRONG time. I had a baseball in my hand and I was close to the street. I saw the dent in the door as it happened.

No one had a right to damage your car, but you also had no right to damage that kid's car either.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #44
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
PQ!!! I'm so sorry!!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #45
myblackcamaros

Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
Sorry to see that happen. Things like this is why I can't seem to drive my Camaro as much as I want too. I love driving that car but I don't want to leave it unattended.:(
Old 08-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #46
Red Rocket
Camaro Princess

Drives: 2010 VR 2LT RS
At least it was only a little one. I feel for you though.

When my car comes, I've been thinking about trying to park where employees do at stores. There would be less chance that they would come and get in there car than a customer. Hopefully, I can be in and out before anyone approaches my car.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #47
Capstone

Drives: .
Totally Blows man...
Capstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #48
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Sorry Dude, you're a nice guy and that should not have to happen to any one! I dread the day, I try not to go to "dangerous" parking lots, but stuff happens.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #49
volboy23

Drives: an SS.....
Quote:
Some peopl, I think, just don't give a $hit about anyone but themselves.
Unfortunately, this is way to many people in the world these days.
volboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #50
Teddydog

Drives: ABM 2LT M6 RS
Quote:
I have been known to 'react' poorly.

We had a problem with a kid driving like 60 mph through our neighborhood a long time ago. One time me and a buddy was playing catch with a baseball with my 4 yr old son in the yard. This punk kid was screaming by at the WRONG time. I had a baseball in my hand and I was close to the street. I saw the dent in the door as it happened. Kid didn't stop or come back. I fully expected a parent to knock on my door complaining but they never came. Bonnie was PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was in 1996 in Auburn, WA and I was only 26 yrs old. But I think I'd do it again now. We told that punk about the 25 mph limit. Small children and such. Oh, well.

He probably only heard the "thump" and thought he hit someone. He was probably home shakin' in his boots thinking they were going to "get him" for hit and run!

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote