Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #76
jbgz28

Drives: 2010BL on BL/2ss/rs/sunroof/6M
Angry I feel your pain

I washed my car last Thursday and found damage to the right rear bumper. It had to have happened last week, because I did not see it last Sunday when I washed the car. I think mine was hit when someone was backing out and swung too wide. No note. There are two choices to describe this person 1. creaton or 2. did not realize they hit the car and should not be driving. I try to select my parking space wisely, but cannot always protect the car. She is at the shop getting fixed.

I hope you can get your car fixed soon.
Attached Images

jbgz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #77
3GPa

Drives: SOLD/2SS/RS Painted Rally Stripes
That Really Sucks, Man!
3GPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #78
bumblebee rules

Drives: 2010 BumbleBee ready to go now
That's S**TY man ... I feel for you , get well soon kinda thing.
bumblebee rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #79
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Sorry to hear about this. That's horrible. Accidents happen, but to not leave a note is just down right wrong. WTF is wrong with people?!?
Idiots disease I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post
Some people are just big piles of steaming S
That just sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
I love this story! You did what everyone else wishes they would have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Trunk monkey that clown.
I thought about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebighar View Post
Dude that sucks, i see you posting here all the time and wondered if you ever left your house at all, apparently you do. I feel your pain and i don't even have my car yet. You will get it fixed and she will be good as new, don't let it get to you too much, go have a few drinks. Beautiful car by the way, absolutely beautiful.
I'm at the office most of the time. (like right now, and we're closed on Mondays) And thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty2ss View Post
Sorry to hear about the dent,but how you get that car so shiny?
Go Bills
Go Bills.

I have discovered a wax from Turtle Wax. It's for black cars. At first I thought, 'ya right, for black cars' but I used it and I was blown away. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
WOMAN????...what's that mean???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
That really sucks, PQ. I really feel bad for you. I know you have a lot of pride in that car.
Thanxs, hope the trips going well. Hope you kicked Spikes but on the course.

Ya, I almost didn't want to wax it yesterday. Kinda depressing but at the end of the day, it's a car........ I guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgz28 View Post
I washed my car last Thursday and found damage to the right rear bumper. It had to have happened last week, because I did not see it last Sunday when I washed the car. I think mine was hit when someone was backing out and swung too wide. No note. There are two choices to describe this person 1. creaton or 2. did not realize they hit the car and should not be driving. I try to select my parking space wisely, but cannot always protect the car. She is at the shop getting fixed.

I hope you can get your car fixed soon.
:(
Old 08-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #80
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Sorry about your ride Randy , some people need a wood shampoo this could help in the future.

http://www.spytechs.com/Car-Cameras/default.htm
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #81
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Hugger View Post
Sorry about your ride Randy , some people need a wood shampoo this could help in the future.

http://www.spytechs.com/Car-Cameras/default.htm
'Wood Shampoo'
Old 08-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #82
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Sorry for you..
Old 08-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #83
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Same kind of thing happend to me the first month I owned my black G5. I was the only car in the parking lot when i parked.

I was heading to my car, saw a girl in a white early 90s lumina parked catty corner from me back right into the front bumper on the passenger side.

left two deep gouges and pushed the front bumper in a bit. She had her car pointed towards the street which she could have merged onto by simply going forward but she decided to back up for some god knows reason.

lucky for me tho i saw her do it and stopped her she tried to leave but yeah i stopped her, unfortunately you didnt catch them in the act like i did.

Sorry bout your car :(
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #84
Blakout

Drives: 2000 Mercury Cougar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4LIFE View Post
Same kind of thing happend to me the first month I owned my black G5. I was the only car in the parking lot when i parked.

I was heading to my car, saw a girl in a white early 90s lumina parked catty corner from me back right into the front bumper on the passenger side.

left two deep gouges and pushed the front bumper in a bit. She had her car pointed towards the street which she could have merged onto by simply going forward but she decided to back up for some god knows reason.

lucky for me tho i saw her do it and stopped her she tried to leave but yeah i stopped her, unfortunately you didnt catch them in the act like i did.

Sorry bout your car :(
She really tried to leave? What an idiot. Did she wind up paying for the damages that resulted from her dumb, unskilled driving?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #85
GM4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakout View Post
She really tried to leave? What an idiot. Did she wind up paying for the damages that resulted from her dumb, unskilled driving?
yep she sure did all $789 worth, I was without my car for a few days too had to drive a purple 01 dodge caravan! you know how embarrassed I was?

VERY!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #86
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Dang it!

I'm sure you already know this...but I think this dent could be a candidate with a minor touch up.

http://www.1800dentdoc.com/

Sorry to see that. I too park in the north forty hoping I don't get the bone head who does this. My wife says I'm anal about it....this is why.

Again, sorry to see and glad it didn't clip your nice wheel.
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #87
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
I happened to be taking a break in a parking lot a few years back and witnessed a hit and run accident, this guy totally ran his car down the side of a parked car from front to back, just whiped it out ! Then he had the balls to park his car in the next isle and walk away ! No note, no attempt to find anyone, nothing ... at this point I decided to help the guy out with what was obviously a lack in his training as a human being. I left a note on the car that had been hit telling them that they had been hit by the "insert car make/model/color/licence plate." and gave them my cell number and told them that I had witnessed the whole thing. At first the guy tried to deny the accident, right up to the point that he was told that he had been ratted out by a witness ....

People suck !

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you, you are always here to help everyone on this site ( apparently 24/7 ).

I love your story about the kid racing down your street, I've done something very similar, and so has my wife... actually she usually just jumps out in the street in front of them and starts yelling ! Don't mess with her !

Last edited by mutant chicken; 08-10-2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: pushed wrong button !
mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #88
coolman

I had a buddy who everytime he got a new car would come home and hit it with a hammer and say " now I don't have to worry about all the assholes in this town. I'll just run it."
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #89
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Quote:
WOMAN????...what's that mean???
Im with ya Donna.. that was low lol..

Michelle..
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #90
GM4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I had a buddy who everytime he got a new car would come home and hit it with a hammer and say " now I don't have to worry about all the assholes in this town. I'll just run it."
Old 08-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #91
usmcbmw

Drives: 2LT Camaro RS, Land Rover LR2
that is really terrible people are so selfish
usmcbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #92
swansor

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM
Send a message via ICQ to swansor Send a message via Yahoo to swansor
Sorry to hear about your car.
swansor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #93
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
:( So sorry for you...what's wrong with people????...
Lets see:
  • Someone people DO NOT give a Crap about their Vehicles, until it want go anymore. Or anyone elses for the matter.
  • The Number of People that have actual Worked long and HARD for what they have is rapidly deceasing.
  • With the bad economy it is more likely that the person parking next to you is about to have their Vehicle Repoed and DO NOT give a Crap what they hit.
  • Vehicles to many people to day are just another applicance. People DO NOT care if a Vehicle has a Heart or Soul anymore.

Take your pick, you can chose more than one.

One just can't have anything nice these days.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #94
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdevine View Post
Again, sorry to see and glad it didn't clip your nice wheel.
Well, he did hit the wheel also. The outer rim has two big scrathces in it where he hit the wheel and then the car as he was coming in.

Or she.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #95
Van

Drives: 2006 EVO MR - 390 @ wheels
Ouch. Damn man. Damn.

So are you going to get it fixed or let it go for a lil while?
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/18/2009 TPW 9/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 8/24/2009
3400, Order broadcast 9/1/2009
3800, Order produced 9/11/2009
4200, Shipped 9/11/2009
5000, Delivered to the dealer
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #96
SNV

Drives: 2013 BRM 1LS
And my wife always shakes her head at me when I park on the other side of an empty lot. That is why.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #97
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
Ouch. Damn man. Damn.

So are you going to get it fixed or let it go for a lil while?
I figure if I wait a month or so then it won't seem like someone just stole money from me. lol
Old 08-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #98
light-my-firebyrd

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rally yellow
irp,
i got a story for ya,
it reinforces my belief you cannot drive this car to a public place and leave it for any reason. i went to walmart saturday night and let my wife go in for groceries, and about half-way thru the event, 2 young boys pull in the lot RIGHT NEXT to my car which was down the parking lot away from the rest of the crowd. What was weird, was they pulled in at a very hard rate and realized i was in the car. They both got out and left their 'convertible sunbird' and looked at me and didn't say a word. i know in my heart that if i had not been there, damage would have been done and i'd be sick. I have a POS '88 s-10 truck we drive to get anything that requires us to be away from the car for any reason. I know for the foreseeable future i won't be leaving this car anywhere unattended. I have too much money tied up in this car and i don't make goo gobs of money to fix it.
light-my-firebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #99
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Parking lot scrapes are the most common hit and runs, thats just human nature. People will hit your car and think nothing of it, even if you see them do it they think its no big deal.

I hate people.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #100
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
That really sucks.............sorry to see your pain. And in a very bad spot too...............bastardo's.

Sums of bitches, fargin iceholes............