Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #120
Mark25

Drives: 2001 Corvette, 2006 Mustang GT
Perhaps someone has already mentioned it...but you should go to your dealership and ask them see if their PDR (Paintless Dent Repair) guy can repair it for you. Of course, you would still need to "touch-up" the paint chip, but you'd be surprised how well PDR works...I've used the same guy for over 12 years and he's fabulous (I've even had him take out very shallow dents on new cars that came from the factory with imperfections)...try PDR first before going for the whole repaint job (remember it's going to have to match...and unfortunately black shows every imperfection...try to stick with the original paint if you can)...Good luck.
Mark25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #121
Chaos_Being
Future Camaro Driver!

Drives: 2006 Scion tC
Man, I'm going to be paranoid when I get mine...luckily the hype will have died down some by then so maybe these camaro's won't be getting so much "attention" any longer. Or, I could just stand in front of it like this all the time, hah.

This does remind me of a crappy situation with my wife's car that we bought new last year- right after we bought it, we went to dinner. By the time we came out, the car already had a crease in the side from some asshat hitting it with their door- we had owned the car for one hour and it had a ding it already, unbelievable! She got her 2nd ding on the other side in a weeks time...it was depressing. Luckily I have gotten away with only one tiny ding on the fender of my car in 4 years...well, and a small ding on the door, but that was my own stupid fault
Chaos_Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #122
CamaroSS24
Ford Convert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Yellow/RS pk
DUDE!!! THAT SUCKS!!!! People are garbage sometimes. Probably a soccer mom in a huge Yukon that didn't even see your car.

As if you didn't have enough issues as it was with this beauty. Hope it comes back to normal with a repair.

I'm hoping to get a haunted one like Christine that fixes itself. Good luck!
ORDERED: April 15, 2009 Est. Delivery: August, 2009?

CamaroSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #123
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
I pay a bum like 5 bucks to watch my car and another 5 when I leave =)
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #124
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS24 View Post
Probably a soccer mom in a huge Yukon that didn't even see your car.
It looked too low to be from a large SUV.

Quote:
I'm hoping to get a haunted one like Christine that fixes itself. Good luck![/COLOR][/B]
Awesome. My wife named my 1980 Buick Christine because she always hit her head getting into it...
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #125
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
so sorry to hear
Old 08-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #126
rikelme90

Drives: 2010 black 1lt rs camaro
Send a message via AIM to rikelme90
ouch maybe it was a ford good thing it is the bottom if it was little higher and in would be visible.

i was in the bank the other day waiting for my mom and i parked next to this car that was parked all crooked and was over the line. the fat lady im guessing got mad because my car was close to hers and she hit my side door when she opened hers. at first i didnt care cus my car is kinda beat up, but when i looked outside she had chipped my paint. so when she was driving away i got out opened the door and scratched her nissan xterra from the back door to bumper she didnt say anything.
rikelme90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #127
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikelme90 View Post
ouch maybe it was a ford good thing it is the bottom if it was little higher and in would be visible.

i was in the bank the other day waiting for my mom and i parked next to this car that was parked all crooked and was over the line. the fat lady im guessing got mad because my car was close to hers and she hit my side door when she opened hers. at first i didnt care cus my car is kinda beat up, but when i looked outside she had chipped my paint. so when she was driving away i got out opened the door and scratched her nissan xterra from the back door to bumper she didnt say anything.
She wasnt cool but you werent cool either. What goes around comes around. Karma man. I feel your frustration but that was the wrong way to handle that.

Irpq sorry to see that man. Maybe you can use this as an excuse to get a complete paint Job?
Old 08-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #128
Baughman

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Sorry Irpq11..... People are very careless
Old 08-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #129
Van

Drives: 2006 EVO MR - 390 @ wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2well View Post
She wasnt cool but you werent cool either. What goes around comes around. Karma man. I feel your frustration but that was the wrong way to handle that.

Irpq sorry to see that man. Maybe you can use this as an excuse to get a complete paint Job?
What? Violence begets violence? I personally think he did the right thing. What else could have taught the woman a lesson? Can't call the cops...they're not going to come out for a door ding. Can't just sit there and yell at her, because she'll call the cops for road rage or assault.

His reaction was a direct and opposite result of the original action. It's only natural. Though Karma's a bunch of hooey anyway. It's merely a methodology of thinking that promotes some otherwordly ideal of checks and balances to keep people in line.
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/18/2009 TPW 9/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 8/24/2009
3400, Order broadcast 9/1/2009
3800, Order produced 9/11/2009
4200, Shipped 9/11/2009
5000, Delivered to the dealer
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #130
light-my-firebyrd

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rally yellow
holycow, was the comments really necessary??
i happen to own a pos 88 s-10 that i drive to walmart and other places to get stuff that i can safely leave outside because people cannot leave cars alone. Your comments suggest that you're in the haters club.
i don't know ya, but by the tone of your comments, it was not needed.
I suppose you don't care what happens to your property????????
i on the other hand would like to keep this car in good condition if i can
light-my-firebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #131
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
What? Violence begets violence? I personally think he did the right thing. What else could have taught the woman a lesson? Can't call the cops...they're not going to come out for a door ding. Can't just sit there and yell at her, because she'll call the cops for road rage or assault.

His reaction was a direct and opposite result of the original action. It's only natural. Though Karma's a bunch of hooey anyway. It's merely a methodology of thinking that promotes some otherwordly ideal of checks and balances to keep people in line.
Youth.....lol If he would have yelled at her and she called the cops that would be exactly what needed to happen. At which point he could calmly explain to the officer that he was yelling at the lady for damaging his property. At which point he could get a police report and handle it the legal way. We have a system in this great country of ours. Though not perfect we need to use the way it was meant to be used.

So he scratches her car and now she has to get it fixed. She has a witness that saw him scratch her car. She takes him to court to recover her losses. He goes to court and says " ...but your honor she scratched mine first". The Judge says prove it and laughs and rules against him. Now he has to pay for her damage and his damage. Where is the logic to that? Save yourself the headache and do the right thing instead of perpetuating the possibility of more violence and further cost to you.

Sorry Irpq for the thread jack but I felt compelled to respond to this particular quote. I had a thought Irpq, why not mod the rear to a wide body now? I didnt say it was a good thought. Just a thought ;-)
Old 08-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #132
coolman

IF your going to leave it at home their isn't any need for it. Just run it. They make them everyday.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #133
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by light-my-firebyrd View Post
holycow, was the comments really necessary??
i happen to own a pos 88 s-10 that i drive to walmart and other places to get stuff that i can safely leave outside because people cannot leave cars alone. Your comments suggest that you're in the haters club.
i don't know ya, but by the tone of your comments, it was not needed.
I suppose you don't care what happens to your property????????
i on the other hand would like to keep this car in good condition if i can
I do care about my property, but not so much that I'm willing to forsake my nicer stuff, leaving it tucked away safely at home while I suffer in a POS 88 S-10.

I am a lover of driving cars that I like, and a firm believer that people who have cars that they like should drive those cars instead of driving cars that they don't like. If you live in an awful area where disaster happens to your car every time you park it, you probably pay a lot for insurance, so go ahead and enjoy it.

Enjoy your Camaros, people. Don't let them rot in your yard while your old beater gets all the action. Camaros are for driving, not garaging.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #134
light-my-firebyrd

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rally yellow
Fair enough answer holycow...
i just wanna keep my car as nice looking for as long as i can..
i don't have a lot and what i do have i kinda wanna keep nice....
light-my-firebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #135
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
Damn man sorry to see that happen to you :(

Hope you get it fixed soon.
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #136
CamaroSue

Drives: 2002 Z28, 2010 SS, 2011 Corvette GS
I carry copies of this in my car and leave them on windshields as necessary!!!!!! I havent had to use any yet when I've been in the SS.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Parking Mouse.pdf (747.1 KB, 85 views)