Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Old 07-23-2014, 12:07 AM   #26
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Great car. Just saw one here locally. Sent the wife a photo and asked if there was room for a 3rd Camaro, too which she replied...."let me think about it.....uh..no"...so congrats on a great car!!!

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #27
ZL575BumbleBee

Drives: 2010 ZL575 Bumble Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
Great car. Just saw one here locally. Sent the wife a photo and asked if there was room for a 3rd Camaro, too which she replied...."let me think about it.....uh..no"...so congrats on a great car!!!
Just curious did your wife recently make that same suggestion to my wife.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #28
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Another week of rough-riding, rip-snorting, eye-pleasing joy. What a car

Thank you Chevrolet!

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #29
Zfatuated

2200 miles, not one problem, hours of joy. Wow.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #30
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
@4100 miles observations

a water bottle and/or sunscreen lotion bottle was under passenger seat and when the seat was moved it must have gotten wedged and ripped the wires out of the connector and caused a check airbag light...fixed under warranty.

philips x-treme vision low beam bulbs make a big difference.

yesterday a group of hasidic kids came out of nowhere at a restaurant and were taking pictures all around the car.

got huge thumbs up from a challenger driver...I guess that offsets the finger from the last one.

yes the "hype" goes on...
Old 08-08-2014, 12:17 PM   #31
ZL575BumbleBee

Drives: 2010 ZL575 Bumble Bee
I wish there was a like feature for this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotintops View Post
@4100 miles observations

a water bottle and/or sunscreen lotion bottle was under passenger seat and when the seat was moved it must have gotten wedged and ripped the wires out of the connector and caused a check airbag light...fixed under warranty.

philips x-treme vision low beam bulbs make a big difference.

yesterday a group of hasidic kids came out of nowhere at a restaurant and were taking pictures all around the car.

got huge thumbs up from a challenger driver...I guess that offsets the finger from the last one.

yes the "hype" goes on...
Old 08-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #32
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Congrats man, im sure its a blast to own.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #33
razorz28

Drives: 2014 Jeep Rubicon, 2014 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
You bought it, so I sure as he'll hope you're in love with it. Still not going to convince me that it's worth the money to buy one unless you intend to track it. It's a horrible street car, IMHO.
There is no need to convince you as I am sure you made up your mind before you have even driven one. This is my 62nd vehicle, and sir I can tell you is my favorite hands down. Vipers, vettes, Shelby's etc, it may not be as fast straight line as some but as a driving experience mountains etc nothing is close and as fun as this car. My porsche 930 was close.

Tired of the haters.
2014 Z/28 Black VIN #176 Built May 7th Delivered June 13th
razorz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #34
Zfatuated

Another week, another couple hundred miles (city/highway, not track unfortunately). Wish I had the opportunity to put more miles on. What a joy.

A mental margarita whenever I need one.

Awesome job GM, thank you for making this car happen.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #35
CamaroBody

Drives: BMW 545i
need more scenic pics!!
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:01 AM   #36
Spoolin

Drives: 2014 SW 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Another week, another couple hundred miles (city/highway, not track unfortunately). Wish I had the opportunity to put more miles on. What a joy.

A mental margarita whenever I need one.

Awesome job GM, thank you for making this car happen.

Laguna Seca in two weeks if your up for it!!

Spoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:26 AM   #37
Zfatuated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin View Post
Laguna Seca in two weeks if your up for it!!

Please post a report! No way I can make the time to get there. Should be able to pass sound I am guessing even 90db. Be careful with the throttle on T6 and T11 if you are in PTM5

Old 08-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #38
ztwentypoop

Drives: 67 Camaro, 2010 F150 FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorz28 View Post
There is no need to convince you as I am sure you made up your mind before you have even driven one. This is my 62nd vehicle, and sir I can tell you is my favorite hands down. Vipers, vettes, Shelby's etc, it may not be as fast straight line as some but as a driving experience mountains etc nothing is close and as fun as this car. My porsche 930 was close.

Tired of the haters.
So if someone does not agree with your opinion of a car, then they are a " hater"? I never said I did no appreciate the car, just that I would never buy one and use it as a cruiser versus tracking it as it was intended. Sheesh.
ztwentypoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #39
bptman

Drives: 2014 white Z/28
Hi all bptman from Pa Here, I really enjoy reading all the posting's of the impressions of this car from the owners. This is my impression. I feel driving this car puts me in my happy place. I live in the Lancaster county area of Pa. lots of hilly& twisty roads round here. Also buggies & horse poop on the roads with you. So caution to that! This car can do some amazing things in 3 & 4th gears. I just don't get tired of driving this car. Brakes are so nice too. I have this car just for that purpose. I am blessed with other vehicles to do the daily driver thing. Not many cars for $76,150.00 with the performance and hardware the z/28 has. And a factory 5 year 100,000 mile D.T. warranty to boot! I only hope you guys are having as much fun as I am.
bptman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:15 PM   #40
JackalopeZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Sweet Ride.. Love these z/28's and ZL1's
Old 08-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #41
razorz28

Drives: 2014 Jeep Rubicon, 2014 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
So if someone does not agree with your opinion of a car, then they are a " hater"? I never said I did no appreciate the car, just that I would never buy one and use it as a cruiser versus tracking it as it was intended. Sheesh.
Ha, that is not what you said at all in your post. What you just clarified makes sense. You said it is a horrible street car, I beg to differ.
2014 Z/28 Black VIN #176 Built May 7th Delivered June 13th
razorz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #42
Zfatuated

What a miserable day, all I could do was think of the new Z06 and how a stripped down one is going to cost only $79,000 when they eventually show up in showrooms 9 months from now.

Oh...wait...that was someone else's sad reality. My reality was spending quality time in the drivers seat of my Z/28 here and now

Another week of no problems and plenty of analog, visceral driving pleasure with not one moment of wishing I was driving anything else.
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #43
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
What a miserable day, all I could do was think of the new Z06 and how a stripped down one is going to cost only $79,000 when they eventually show up in showrooms 9 months from now.

Oh...wait...that was someone else's sad reality. My reality was spending quality time in the drivers seat of my Z/28 here and now

Another week of no problems and plenty of analog, visceral driving pleasure with not one moment of wishing I was driving anything else.
I can't believe the Z06 is the same price as the z28.. Prices will fall crazily

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #44
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
Quote:
Originally Posted by bptman View Post
I only hope you guys are having as much fun as I am.

hasn't gotten me "action" yet but I think I'm having more fun than you
Old 08-22-2014, 10:40 PM   #45
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelSS View Post
Sweet looking ride and view. Congrats on that beautiful beast

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:13 PM   #46
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:

Nice...

It feels like some folks are desperate to see Z/28 market values crash. Kind of a Schadenfreude thing, where folks who either don't like the car or are pissed about the price point seem to want to see it fail in some way.

And they could be right -- but I could care less. I bought mine to drive and enjoy -- though I'm not getting quite as much "street joy" as you. I'm sure the Z06 will prove to be a fine car, but it's not for me. Even if I could fit inside one, it's gone a little too "GT-R" for my tastes. A little too "digital" compared to the analog dinosaur that is my Z/28.

In short, cars -- especially modern ones -- are not investments. I'm hoping to track the hell out of my Z/28, and -- at some point -- I may try to make it even more of a track monster by stripping out weight and talking to the folks at Katech. That's right -- I may end up destroying the value of my "collector's car"...
Old 08-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #47
Zfatuated

Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Nice...

It feels like some folks are desperate to see Z/28 market values crash. Kind of a Schadenfreude thing, where folks who either don't like the car or are pissed about the price point seem to want to see it fail in some way.

And they could be right -- but I could care less. I bought mine to drive and enjoy -- though I'm not getting quite as much "street joy" as you. I'm sure the Z06 will prove to be a fine car, but it's not for me. Even if I could fit inside one, it's gone a little too "GT-R" for my tastes. A little too "digital" compared to the analog dinosaur that is my Z/28.

In short, cars -- especially modern ones -- are not investments. I'm hoping to track the hell out of my Z/28, and -- at some point -- I may try to make it even more of a track monster by stripping out weight and talking to the folks at Katech. That's right -- I may end up destroying the value of my "collector's car"...
You are a trash-talker and a heretic.

Seriously, right on!

Old 08-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #48
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Nice...

No way it won't happen,they are a limited production "Halo"car.

People that can't afford one(Z/28) will get a V6 or SS and dress it up for the look.

They may even buy a ZL1 instead.

The Z/28 will hold its value though.

BTW I would love to be able to afford one,maybe I can re- mortgage the house
12.2 at 110
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #49
Zenthusiast

Drives: '14 Z/28
Quote:
Nice...
It's failing alright...failing to disappoint.
Zenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:15 AM   #50
Zfatuated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenthusiast View Post
It's failing alright...failing to disappoint.
Lol...