Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
Scrappy Doo


 
Scrappy Doo's Avatar
 
Drives: Taylor Made M1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: W8n 4 Snow, Minnesota
Posts: 4,694
Trying to decide on a new ride

I sold my '70 GTO earlier this year and I am debating what to buy next.
I want a new car that I can hop in and cruise and have all the creature comforts of my truck. (Leather, ac, sat radio, etc etc)

I am leaning towards a coupe, but would consider a 4 door. The car is a toy only and is not a daily driver. (It would sit from November till april too up here in the tundra)

I have about 40gs in the fun budget.

It is also sneaking up on winter so I could wait till january to order a new car if I had to.

I looked at chargers, challengers, G8s, mustangs and camaros. I was raised on GM and my old man has a 69 396 ss camaro. However I am not opposed to buying any particular brand.

(Not a corvette guy, just not my car i guess. But I .

Any ideas out there? And thanks.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
FI4T0MCAT
 
FI4T0MCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 465
Well I like all 3 of the muscle cars. To me the Mustang is a bit underpowered. The Challenger doesnt handle too well, and was overpriced. So over all the Camaro was the best all around car. Looks are preferance, and i think they all look good. I think you will enjoy your decision either way you go.
__________________
FI4T0MCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
DeathChill

 
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mission, BC
Posts: 863
Buy a Yugo and put $39,900 into it with the money leftover. It will be a hilarious toy that will amuse you to no end when you absolutely destroy every car on the road. It will be great!

FAKE EDIT: Don't do this.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
Scrappy Doo


 
Scrappy Doo's Avatar
 
Drives: Taylor Made M1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: W8n 4 Snow, Minnesota
Posts: 4,694
Thanks. It is just kinda hard to pick one out. It is a good time to be in the horsepower market, lots of choices. They ALL have good sides and bad sides.

I know that I will probably get a lot of people saying to go camaro, but am looking for any input.

I am looking to get a 12.5ish car so mods will be necessary with any choice.

I can get a G8 loaded for 25800. That leaves a lot of jing for mods......
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
mrcowboy
 
mrcowboy's Avatar
 
Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South TEXAS
Posts: 508
Depends on what you want...If its looks only,its between a challenger and Camaro...if its performance, its between a mustang and a camaro. If you want both then....
__________________
mrcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #6
Scrappy Doo


 
Scrappy Doo's Avatar
 
Drives: Taylor Made M1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: W8n 4 Snow, Minnesota
Posts: 4,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
Buy a Yugo and put $39,900 into it with the money leftover. It will be a hilarious toy that will amuse you to no end when you absolutely destroy every car on the road. It will be great!

FAKE EDIT: Don't do this.


I think I just pissed my pants......
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #7
FI4T0MCAT
 
FI4T0MCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
Thanks. It is just kinda hard to pick one out. It is a good time to be in the horsepower market, lots of choices. They ALL have good sides and bad sides.

I know that I will probably get a lot of people saying to go camaro, but am looking for any input.

I am looking to get a 12.5ish car so mods will be necessary with any choice.

I can get a G8 loaded for 25800. That leaves a lot of jing for mods......
well unless that G8 is a gxp dont waist your money. 12.5 can be done with the camaro with nothing more than headers, intake, and a tune. Mustang will take a bit more, and I think the Challenger needs around the same mods to do the same time just a little pricey to do anything with a "hemi"
__________________
FI4T0MCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
Windy City

 
Windy City's Avatar
 
Drives: Not enough room here!
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 1,017
Mecum is having an auction this weekend, and there's always Barrett Jackson in October.
Windy City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #9
Scrappy Doo


 
Scrappy Doo's Avatar
 
Drives: Taylor Made M1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: W8n 4 Snow, Minnesota
Posts: 4,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcowboy View Post
Depends on what you want...If its looks only,its between a challenger and Camaro...if its performance, its between a mustang and a camaro. If you want both then....
Thanks.

That is the same arguement my buddies tell me. the challenger does look cool too. My old man is pressuring me to get the maro, ordered the same way as his 69 so we would have the matching set...

And I am just not sure that i can pull the trigger on a stang.

Camaro is in the lead.

Keep the comments coming.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #10
DeathChill

 
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mission, BC
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by FI4T0MCAT View Post
well unless that G8 is a gxp dont waist your money. 12.5 can be done with the camaro with nothing more than headers, intake, and a tune. Mustang will take a bit more, and I think the Challenger needs around the same mods to do the same time just a little pricey to do anything with a "hemi"
12.5 & 12.6 was hit with just an intake and a tune.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #11
FI4T0MCAT
 
FI4T0MCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 465
Really? that is awesome. I just remember looking at performance parts for my brothers hemi ram, and the prices were outragous, just because it was for the hemi. It was lame.
__________________
FI4T0MCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #12
DeathChill

 
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mission, BC
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by FI4T0MCAT View Post
Really? that is awesome. I just remember looking at performance parts for my brothers hemi ram, and the prices were outragous, just because it was for the hemi. It was lame.
Yeah, TEAMBADDASS hit 12.5 first with the intake and tune and then went back to the track during the day (in the heat, in Houston) and hit 12.6 with just the intake and tune.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #13
FI4T0MCAT
 
FI4T0MCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 465
was that with the SRT or the RT
__________________
FI4T0MCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #14
DeathChill

 
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mission, BC
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by FI4T0MCAT View Post
was that with the SRT or the RT
Sorry, I meant with the Camaro.

The SRT and R/T are a bit harder in the modifications department and I don't think they respond as well as the Camaro's LS3 does.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't Decide - Auto or Manual attymf Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 209 01-04-2010 11:14 PM
My ride in #130, Scott's CTF car! FenwickHockey65 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 42 04-04-2009 10:25 AM
A Day to Remember: My Ride with Number 3 kdbolt70 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 61 03-14-2009 03:31 PM
Transformers: The Ride? BumbleBee 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 5 01-30-2008 11:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.