Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Europe

Old 08-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
Rygain

Drives: VW Scirocco 2009, Chevy Camaro
New Camaro in France

Hello guys and girls

So I'm Rygain Alias Julien.

I'm 23 years old and I live in France (oh !! True ?? )

So, I bought a Chevy camaro 2010 2LT Rally Yellow + Rally stripes, Automatic gearbox with tapshift and sunroof.

but my camaro is in USA yet.

I should receive it around september, 17th.

So, when I've got it, I'll take some pictures for you

See you

And sorry for ma bad english

Last edited by Rygain; 08-11-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Rygain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:10 AM   #2
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Welcome!

Tu l'as payée combien? Tu l'importes toi meme ou via un importateur/franciseur?
Old 08-12-2009, 03:17 AM   #3
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Soyez bienvenus au site. Appréciez votre Camaro quand vous le recevez et êtes sûrs de poster quelques photos avec optimisme autour d'une plage topless.

Last edited by a6pk2go; 08-13-2009 at 01:33 AM.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:40 AM   #4
dreammy
Banned

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM RS
Welcome! I bet you will be the envy of many in France!
dreammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
Rygain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Welcome!

Tu l'as payée combien? Tu l'importes toi meme ou via un importateur/franciseur?
Salut Punk_rider, effectivement, je la fait importer moi même, elle va me revenir au total a un peu moins de 45.000 €.

Je suis également de la région parisienne, de Seine et marne

Old 08-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #6
Rygain

Quote:
Originally Posted by a6pk2go View Post
Soyez bienvenus au site. Appréciez votre Camaro quand vous le recevez et êtes sûrs de poster quelques photos avec optimisme autour d'une plage topless.

I hope I got the right translation on that.

For you that don't feel like looking it up I said: Welcome to the site. Enjoy your Camaro when you get it and be sure to post some pics hopefully around a topless beach.
hey a6pk2go, Nice translation ^^

So don't worry, when I 'll get it, I'll make here lot of pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammy View Post
Welcome! I bet you will be the envy of many in France!
Yes, I think too, because In france, most people drive that:

We don't have the new model of camaro for the moment, so I think I will not go unnoticed

Old 08-13-2009, 01:40 AM   #7
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Merci Rygain. Je n'ai jamais été en France mais ai entendu parler de ces plages de torse nu.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:47 AM   #8
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
welcome to tha site and congrats on getting a camaro

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #9
Rygain

Quote:
Originally Posted by a6pk2go View Post
Merci Rygain. Je n'ai jamais été en France mais ai entendu parler de ces plages de torse nu.
Hey, french girls and topless, that's a love story

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thanniversary View Post
welcome to tha site and congrats on getting a camaro

Thank you for the welcome and thank you for my purchase ^^

Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #10
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Welcome to the sight. So how much did the camaro cost and how much is itgoing to cost to get it shipped? Also did you have to order onlineor is there chevy dealer in France. Sorry if these questions are stupid just curious. Only time I've been out of country was to go to Nagoya, Japan and probably saw 2-3 American Vehicles the whole time I was there.
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
Rygain

this is not a stupid question

I bought my camaro from a french seller who is located in USA, Atlanta.

So for the 2LT model with sunroof, Automatic gearbox and rally stripe, it cost to me is around 45.000 €, so 64.200 $ ... (this price is the total amount that it cost to me, chevy + shipping + french "fee")

It's very expensive for you, but for me (for french drivers) that's cheap ^^

French Chevrolet dealers don't sell the camaro... the corvette yes, but not the camaro So we must buy it on USA ...

Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 PM   #12
F4st1DiO

Drives: Peugeot 208 e-HDI Allure
Send a message via MSN to F4st1DiO Send a message via Skype™ to F4st1DiO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygain View Post
Sorry but 45'000€ is not cheaper even if u are European like me! LOL The same car in USA costs 19'000€... The dealers (read: importers..) make this conversion as I read here around: 1 USD = 1,5 EUR + 10000€ to calculate the Camaro price in Europe.. I'm going to have my 2LT Camaro in the late September... it costs me 26'000 because the importer is a friend of my colleague.. (the price includes Shipping, and Italian fee..) and the optionals are the same of your 2LT..
These dealers have a really good business but is still not cheaper for us. Congratz for your Scirocco... I think is a great car
Old 08-14-2009, 12:23 AM   #13
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygain View Post
this is not a stupid question

I bought my camaro from a french seller who is located in USA, Atlanta.

So for the 2LT model with sunroof, Automatic gearbox and rally stripe, it cost to me is around 45.000 €, so 64.200 $ ... (this price is the total amount that it cost to me, chevy + shipping + french "fee")

French Chevrolet dealers don't sell the camaro... the corvette yes, but not the camaro So we must buy it on USA ...
Thanks for awnsering my Question and when it arrives take some pics and post for us. Also I viewed your garage from my I.phone so not best picture but I like the car you currently have. Never saw one like that. What type of car is it and who builds it? Also I had saw a posting before of a camaro somewere in Europe or it may have been Australia not sure it's been a while but 2 of tail lights the 2 inner ones I believe were Yellow if I'm not mistakin but I was wandering if your car would be like this? & last question from when I went to japan I recall driver side being switched is it same way in France and I don't guess your Camaro will be built like this since it's being shipped from Atlanta. But is other GM vehicles like the Corvette have drivers side on the left or right side of the vehicle? Sorry again for silly Questions just not everyday you get a chance to talk to Camaro fans from other countries but it's cool this awesome sight has people from all over the world and everybody is cool people. Well I'll quit babbling on and hope you get your car soon so you can enjoy!
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:35 AM   #14
Rygain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytophummer View Post
Thanks for awnsering my Question and when it arrives take some pics and post for us. Also I viewed your garage from my I.phone so not best picture but I like the car you currently have. Never saw one like that. What type of car is it and who builds it?
Thanks ^^

So My actually car is a Volkswagen Scirocco 2009.

Quote:
Also I had saw a posting before of a camaro somewere in Europe or it may have been Australia not sure it's been a while but 2 of tail lights the 2 inner ones I believe were Yellow if I'm not mistakin but I was wandering if your car would be like this?
Soory, I don't understand this question

Quote:
& last question from when I went to japan I recall driver side being switched is it same way in France and I don't guess your Camaro will be built like this since it's being shipped from Atlanta. But is other GM vehicles like the Corvette have drivers side on the left or right side of the vehicle?
In france, the driver side is always on the left car side, like USA

So that's not a problem

Quote:
Sorry again for silly Questions just not everyday you get a chance to talk to Camaro fans from other countries but it's cool this awesome sight has people from all over the world and everybody is cool people. Well I'll quit babbling on and hope you get your car soon so you can enjoy!
Thank you, I like to speak with lot of people around the world too.