Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
FunkyELF

Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Cover not dew / water proof?

So this cover isn't dew or water proof?

I take my cover off in the morning and I have dew all over the car.

They turn to water spots on my paint.

What the hell. The piece of paper that comes with the cover says something like thanks for purchasing the best car cover money can buy.

I'm pissed. My car can't fit in my garage (even it was clean / empty). I ordered this thing to keep it nice. After washing it on Sunday it is dirty already and I've kept it covered while at work and overnight at my house.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
montej23

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro
that's crappy man i would have thought those car covers were waterproof too
montej23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #3
coolman

It's for inside only too keep dust off.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
montej23

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro
lol thats crap for 350.00
montej23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
FunkyELF

It was part of my order which I financed.
Do I have any options available?
Can I return it?
I can't find the documentation on it at Chevy...did it say it was for indoors only?

I want one for outdoors.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyELF View Post
So this cover isn't dew or water proof?

I take my cover off in the morning and I have dew all over the car.

They turn to water spots on my paint.

What the hell. The piece of paper that comes with the cover says something like thanks for purchasing the best car cover money can buy.

I'm pissed. My car can't fit in my garage (even it was clean / empty). I ordered this thing to keep it nice. After washing it on Sunday it is dirty already and I've kept it covered while at work and overnight at my house.
You bought a car cover meant to fend off dust..I would definitely return it and buy a more robust all weather car cover.. If its within 30 days, you should be able to send it back. I don't know if you would have to pay shipping. Once you get your money back, you simply use it to pay off your car loan as that can't or won't change..
Old 08-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #7
FunkyELF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
You bought a car cover meant to fend off dust..I would definitely return it and buy a more robust all weather car cover.. If its within 30 days, you should be able to send it back. I don't know if you would have to pay shipping. Once you get your money back, you simply use it to pay off your car loan as that can't or won't change..
Who would I send it back to? The dealership?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #8
FunkyELF

Quote:
Protect your pride and joy from the elements and UV rays with a fitted, outdoor-rated Vehicle Cover. Our covers are custom-contoured to fit your Camaros curves like a glove. Each with stylish, heritage inspired black rally stripes and Camaro logo (available in gray or red).
I would consider dew a part of "the elements". It also says outdoor-rated. It clearly is not.

Is there another cover someone can recommend?
Old 08-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #9
FunkyELF

Do they make waterproof covers?
Is it possible?
Is the stuff that I'm seeing just the dew that is accumulating underneath the cover and not stuff that is getting through the cover?
Old 08-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #10
FI4T0MCAT

Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
yes they do, its called a noah cover. I have one for my yellow 69 Camaro. Completely waterproof, but still breaths enough that if condensation gets under the cover it will let it evaporate. They are GREAT covers. http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/60A1009A0A0.aspx
Old 08-12-2009, 08:27 AM   #11
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Also have a Noah cover for the 2010 Camaro. Fits great and does a great job of protecting the car from the elements (so far). We'll see what happens in the winter

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."

Please help me fight back by supporting me in the 2010 American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Every little bit helps. Click here for more information. Thank you to those that have donated!
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
camaro6speed

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
[QUOTE=Supermans;786635]You bought a car cover meant to fend off dust..QUOTE]

Not true. This cover is waterproof. A car left out at night with any cover on it will get some dew build up under the cover. This cover is just like the Covercraft Weathershield covers that we have used for many years on our vettes and vipers. They are meant to keep the sun, dust and rain off the cars. The water repels right off of them.
camaro6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #13
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
is it an official camaro cover by gm that they sell in the brochure? or is it some generic one your dealer gave you?
CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #14
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Sounds like you might be getting condensation on your car. The cover probably can't breathe enough to let the rest of the moisture out, so it gets on your car.
skuttduck is online now   Reply With Quote