Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 08-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
Aperformance

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra Denali
3" Zoomers Exhaust Video

Here's our 3" version recommended for the LS3! This system is in test fit mode and we should have systems available by Friday the 14th...

Aperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
HELL YA!
gotpball44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Man...this is an extremely difficult choice between yours and the Borla S. The Borla has more bass resonance, a deeper growl but softer tone. Yours has more bark and actually has more of a race car sound. I like the growl effect of the Borla when the throttle is revved. Yours seems a bit louder but sounds like a race engine when revved. I wonder how loud yours would be with headers versus the Borla?

Any way you guys could put a set of ARH LT headers with one of your exhausts and post a video of how it sounds? Would ARH's cats, crossover and pipes sound better than yours? Would it perform better with yours as an axleback or your full catback system?

Considering that with either yours or Borlas and the ARH headers, this is a $3,000 question.... it would be nice to know for sure before dropping that much coin.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
Aperformance

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Man...this is an extremely difficult choice between yours and the Borla S. The Borla has more bass resonance, a deeper growl but softer tone. Yours has more bark and actually has more of a race car sound. I like the growl effect of the Borla when the throttle is revved. Yours seems a bit louder but sounds like a race engine when revved. I wonder how loud yours would be with headers versus the Borla?

Any way you guys could put a set of ARH LT headers with one of your exhausts and post a video of how it sounds? Would ARH's cats, crossover and pipes sound better than yours? Would it perform better with yours as an axleback or your full catback system?

Considering that with either yours or Borlas and the ARH headers, this is a $3,000 question.... it would be nice to know for sure before dropping that much coin.
More Bass resonance usually equates to Drone inside the cabin that is something to consider if you go with the Borla's... Ours has a less bass tone and that is attributed to our X-pipe design and placement which seems to control drone issues especially on the auto trany's...

Headers and Cats will make any exhaust system louder but to know who's will be louder is a tough question to answer. Let me ask you this... Are ARH headers and Cats designed to mate up to the stock exhaust system ? if so then our Cat-Back complete with crossover X should directly bolt up so no need to go with the ARH crossover because the design and placement may change the sound of our exhaust.

So if you like the sound of our exhaust it may just be a bit thumpier with the header package and will definitely sound more like the video than if you went with the ARH crossover and pipes. Will it perform better than just an axle back? The only thing I can say again is that if you like our sound stay with our full Cat Back...

I don't have any plans to install our system with header as of yet so I don't think a video will be in the works for quite some time. I have a car in my shop right now until tomorrow at 1:00 if you'd like to hear it in person, your in SoCal right? Give me a call... Ron 949-916-3240
Aperformance is offline   Reply With Quote