Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
POLIVO

Drives: 1998 FORD MUSTANG
JUST ORDERED

Hello everyone just ordered my Camaro last week at the dealership Cant wait to get it actually losing sleep over it just curious when everyone ordered did they just ask you to fill out a credit sheet and they said that they will call us when it is ready to be built, then we will have to lay down 1000 dollars??? I have no prob with that but it just seems too good to be true. Kinda afraid the dealer just threw out my paper haha he got it signed by the manger blah blah blah but i dont know my friends said that they already have all cars made and that the sales people were getting over on us basically saying dont get your hopes up you dont have a car yet sooo um if anyone can tell me there expierences with ordering the camaro i would greatly appreciate it thank you
POLIVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
n/a

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
Nachos!!
Whos new car? NACHOS! HA

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS M6
yes that is how its going. When the dealer gets an allocation for your order they will order it and let you know. Dont worry about it. And no the cars arnt made just sitting there waiting for someone to buy them. If that were the case we wouldnt have to be ordering them, they would have enough to ship to dealers.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
Horrible experience so far. I have been told all kinds of false promises since the day I ordered this car (nearly 12 weeks ago) and I STILL don't have it. My car was built 22 days ago and has been sitting in Canada since. I was told last friday I would have the car in 7 days and unless they can ship it in 3 days, that will be a lie. I am certain I will love the car, however I will not buy a GM car after this experience. It's unfortunate for myself, and GM who has done themself a HUGE disservice.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
NotAnInsider

Drives: just sold it. Feet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyridinghigh View Post
Horrible experience so far. I have been told all kinds of false promises since the day I ordered this car (nearly 12 weeks ago) and I STILL don't have it. My car was built 22 days ago and has been sitting in Canada since. I was told last friday I would have the car in 7 days and unless they can ship it in 3 days, that will be a lie. I am certain I will love the car, however I will not buy a GM car after this experience. It's unfortunate for myself, and GM who has done themself a HUGE disservice.
I don't blame you. It looks pretty bad when you catch them on lies and they meet you with more lies. In your case, I would have told them to shove it. But I know, thats easy for me to say, I've not been dying to get this car for so long.
NotAnInsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #6
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnInsider View Post
I don't blame you. It looks pretty bad when you catch them on lies and they meet you with more lies. In your case, I would have told them to shove it. But I know, thats easy for me to say, I've not been dying to get this car for so long.
And I was told by GM to keep my mouth shut, But I am close to letting the cat out of the bag if they continue to lie to me. I am so angry.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:10 PM   #7
NotAnInsider

Drives: just sold it. Feet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyridinghigh View Post
And I was told by GM to keep my mouth shut, But I am close to letting the cat out of the bag if they continue to lie to me. I am so angry.
Are you friends with any reporters? It's not like you have to worry about your reputation at the dealer.
NotAnInsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Actually... I am... Ever hear of ABC news?