Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
TXGoddess
21g lighter than you

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
CEL - TSB PIP-4813A?

2011 SS manual 53k miles

Gassed up and my check engine light came on the next day, so I took it to Autozone and had the code read. He told me it was running lean and suggested that I first try some seafoam. Put that in there and did a fuse pull. CEL goes off (can't recall how long it took). Put some Royal Purple Max-clean in the next tank, just for some extra cleaning. Runs fine. Fill up gas tank again and CEL comes on again. Steady light, no blinking and it seems to be idling rough. Onstar says it's an issue that needs to be addressed within 7 days. Probably standard response. Regardless, the information provided was less than helpful.

Was looking up the latest Camaro recall and happened to peruse the TSBs. I see at least one that looks similar.

TSB PIP-4813A "GM: ENGINE LIGHT IS ON WITH POSSIBLE LACK OF POWER OR VEHICLE RUNNING ROUGH. THERE MAY BE FIVE INTERNAL TROUBLE CODES. 2010-2011 CAMARO. *RM UPDATED ON 5/8/2013. *KB "

Does anyone happen to know what the repair is for this TSB?
TXGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
TommyTheCat
TEAMLFX

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I will check as soon as I get back to work for you
TommyTheCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
TXGoddess
21g lighter than you

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
12TX2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
not to jack your thread, but I saw your car monday while i was at my doctor in Spring. great lookin car!
Old 07-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #5
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
This is what the PI states:

"Condition/Concern

Some customers may complain of a SES light, rough running, and/or lack of power. Upon inspection, DTCs P0101, P0171, P0172, P0174, and/or P0175 may be noted as well.

Recommendation/Instructions

If this concern is encountered, inspect the hydrocarbon absorber pad that is on the inside of the air cleaner lid to ensure that it is properly secured to the lid.

If it is not secured properly, it may alter the incoming air flow, causing a skewed MAF input and any of the concerns described above.

If this concern is encountered due to a loose hydrocarbon absorber pad, replace the air cleaner lid, which should contain a new hydrocarbon absorber pad. "
thiggin2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:12 PM   #6
TXGoddess
21g lighter than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TX2SS View Post
not to jack your thread, but I saw your car monday while i was at my doctor in Spring. great lookin car!
Thanks! She needs a bath, but I love her. I live down near Kemah, so it's pretty rare that I'm in that neck of the woods. I happened to have a dr. appt Monday, too. Small world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggin2 View Post
This is what the PI states:

"Condition/Concern

Some customers may complain of a SES light, rough running, and/or lack of power. Upon inspection, DTCs P0101, P0171, P0172, P0174, and/or P0175 may be noted as well.

Recommendation/Instructions

If this concern is encountered, inspect the hydrocarbon absorber pad that is on the inside of the air cleaner lid to ensure that it is properly secured to the lid.

If it is not secured properly, it may alter the incoming air flow, causing a skewed MAF input and any of the concerns described above.

If this concern is encountered due to a loose hydrocarbon absorber pad, replace the air cleaner lid, which should contain a new hydrocarbon absorber pad. "
Thanks! It just so happens that I had an oil change on the same day that this started. I wonder if they jostled something loose during their "900 bazillion point check that really only covers 5 parts."

Y'all are awesome!