Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Tower Decals
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 08-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
newgenss
http://gtoautoglass.com

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS SS
ARH+Magnaflow 3" work?

So my question is will the Magnaflow complete cat back work with the American racing header w/ highflow cats work? any input helps, thanks in advance
newgenss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
I'm sure it could be made to work since you cut it to fit your stock axelback, you could just do the same with this exhaust .. I'm hoping someone offers a direct replacement though ... I'm thinking someone will .. hint hint
Old 08-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I'm pretty sure it does. ADM had already done some of these. Call Andy over at ADM Performance (www.admperformance.com).
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #138
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I'm pretty sure it does. ADM had already done some of these. Call Andy over at ADM Performance (www.admperformance.com).

Yep

ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm pretty sure someone just posted that they had to get a custom pipe made to run the ARH with his Magna Flow exhaust. It was not a bolt on setup.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But I don't think the ARH mate up with a Magna Flow catback. Some fabrication will be required to make it work.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #6
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
I'm pretty sure someone just posted that they had to get a custom pipe made to run the ARH with his Magna Flow exhaust. It was not a bolt on setup.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But I don't think the ARH mate up with a Magna Flow catback. Some fabrication will be required to make it work.
I have the ARH headers and 2.5inch catback from Magnaflow. Yes, you're gonna need to have custom connector pipes made, but I doubt it would be hard for a good muffler shop to do.

I would suggest doing the ARH header install yourself, it's not that bad, bolting it up to the stock exhaust per the included instructions, then taking your car and the catback kit to a muffler shop. I wish I had done it that way instead of sweating underneath my car for 2 days trying to get the tips lined up in the bumper to no avail. ARH - 2.5 inch Magnaflow, bolt on possible, but I would really take it to a muffler shop. ARH - 3 inch magnaflow, you're going to HAVE to take it to a muffler shop.

Andy, is that a custom cat back with magnaflow mufflers welded in? That looks SUPER clean! Nice work!

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #7
newgenss
http://gtoautoglass.com

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS SS
awesome thanks. also wondering if by any chance theres pics were the arh is mated to the magnaflow?
newgenss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #8
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgenss View Post
awesome thanks. also wondering if by any chance theres pics were the arh is mated to the magnaflow?
Just a few posts up from yours ..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...19&postcount=4
Old 08-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #138
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
I have the ARH headers and 2.5inch catback from Magnaflow. Yes, you're gonna need to have custom connector pipes made, but I doubt it would be hard for a good muffler shop to do.

I would suggest doing the ARH header install yourself, it's not that bad, bolting it up to the stock exhaust per the included instructions, then taking your car and the catback kit to a muffler shop. I wish I had done it that way instead of sweating underneath my car for 2 days trying to get the tips lined up in the bumper to no avail. ARH - 2.5 inch Magnaflow, bolt on possible, but I would really take it to a muffler shop. ARH - 3 inch magnaflow, you're going to HAVE to take it to a muffler shop.

Andy, is that a custom cat back with magnaflow mufflers welded in? That looks SUPER clean! Nice work!
I made it all,Lots of work to get perfect - 10-13 hrs fully tig welded mandrel bent 304 stainless.

The Magnaflow kits I have installed fit not so good and need alot of extra work as well...I spoke with them (my rep) and they will be looking into it.

Andy
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #10
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Great! I thought it was just me and my shade tree mechanic skills!

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #11
A.R. Headers

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Guys, There's axle backs that only use a small portion of the original pipes. With our system installed you'll need to use a small portion of the original pipes to connect to the axle back. I believe Magnaflow has this set-up already. I know for a fact that Borla has it. We installed a set yesterday for a customer.

Nick
A.R. Headers is offline   Reply With Quote