Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-16-2008, 01:40 AM   #120
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Well, call me hog-tied! I FINALLY saw the freekin video!!

It's obvious there won't be much to worry about, regarding handling, in stock trim!!! That sucker handled those bumpy, off-camber hills like nothing!!!! Holy Cheez-Whiz, Batman!!!

And to think, there is still room or improvement!!

While it was obvious the car doesn't have the "rocketship" high-horsepower grunt out of the turns like the 100K+ supercars, that doesnt matter a bit!!

What a performance BARGAIN this car will be!!! Most won't even be able to appreciate the engineering we are looking at here - but I WILL!!!

I will reserve comment about the exhaust note, since the engine and exhaust packages are only testers. But, I hope the final tune sounds.......different.....than that.

Scott, relay my "you have a home-run, here!" kudos to the team, please. I can only trust that the world will appreciate all that has gone into this vehicle, rather than merely touting its good looks. Yes, it's got that in spades, but I can see the potential of whats being developed, here. And I think it will simply outclass the competition in sooo many ways.

I'm glad we had to wait for this. Good things are ALWAYS worth that wait.

Let me say it now, I know I wont be disappointed!!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 02:15 AM   #121
Roflmao
Insane Assylum Escapee

Drives: 1998 Camry
ohhh snap yo. I really want a v8 now... friggin dilemmas?!
Roflmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:19 AM   #122
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
i know i'm gonna get crucified for this (and i'm sorry if this has been mentioned) but this could also be the DI V6. Have you heard the CTS with this engine in it? it sounds mean, and i didn't hear anything spectacular from this video. so we could possibly be looking at the V6 model with a handling package on it...
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:53 AM   #123
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
i finally got to see the video and....... THAT SOUNDS LIKE A BEaST!!!!!
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:10 AM   #124
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcannan354 View Post
Passionate would be an understatement. I know I speak for most of the people on this site, when I say WE LOVE the CAMARO. Just a small tidbit of info..... PLEEEEASE

well.............OK..............

Spent some time at Milford last week -- with about 20 other guys and gals......sweating over the details of how the exhaust will sound in all engines -- as Doug Houlihan (Chief Engineer) says "we MUST be able to say we're proud of how these cars sound -- or we need to go back and start over...."

Among the attendees: John Heinricy -- you can believe he's VERY involved in the new Camaro -- Especially from a performance and handling perspective.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- this car has some of the best people in the industry working on it.

Even a known journalist!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:22 AM   #125
OzCamaro

Drives: Holden Commodore
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Spent some time at Milford last week -- with about 20 other guys and gals......sweating over the details of how the exhaust will sound in all engines -- as Doug Houlihan (Chief Engineer) says "we MUST be able to say we're proud of how these cars sound -- or we need to go back and start over...."

Among the attendees: John Heinricy -- you can believe he's VERY involved in the new Camaro -- Especially from a performance and handling perspective.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- this car has some of the best people in the industry working on it.

Even a known journalist!
He speaketh again
OzCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #126
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Well that is why it sounds like a BEAST!!!!!!
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #127
BIGREDZ

Drives: 3000gt VR4
OK! I don't even know if this is possible? I just heard from a customer of mine who works for GM. I don't know how close to the camaro design he works but I was asking him about the camaro engine and trim levels and this is what I was told. There will be a V6 (duh!!) and the V8 will be the 2004 z06 motor. He had stated that there wouldn''t be a Z28 trim designation(sp?). I just said OK. He had also stated that they were still planning on being priced lower that the mustang. Again I said OK. Now I know in a previous thread it was said that the Camaro would be a premium car and that would come at a higher pirce than the mustang. Again I'm not taking anything that he said as fact but could the ls6 engine be possible at 405 hp?

Dear God,

Please let all that I own be Red and Black and fast as F@$K!!

Amen
BIGREDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #128
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave One View Post
With all due respect... how so?

Wouldnt they want to introduce that kind of technology on a high profile vehicle like the New Camaro??
I know history has shown us so far that Corvette gets everything first and the Camaro gets the hand me downs...

but did not Mr. Scott say to... "Forget everything you know about engines??" (or something very close to that:P)
I'm sure there may be other examples, but the Vette does not always get everything first. The Camaro SS350 got the 350cid engine in the fall of 1966 as a 1967 model, it was the only car in the Chevy lineup to get the 350cid, Vette did not get it until the '68 model year.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #129
camaro5

Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Even a known journalist!

Now that's a juicy tidbit! Yummy
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #130
Mythic

Drives: '03 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDZ View Post
OK! I don't even know if this is possible? I just heard from a customer of mine who works for GM. I don't know how close to the camaro design he works but I was asking him about the camaro engine and trim levels and this is what I was told. There will be a V6 (duh!!) and the V8 will be the 2004 z06 motor. He had stated that there wouldn''t be a Z28 trim designation(sp?). I just said OK. He had also stated that they were still planning on being priced lower that the mustang. Again I said OK. Now I know in a previous thread it was said that the Camaro would be a premium car and that would come at a higher pirce than the mustang. Again I'm not taking anything that he said as fact but could the ls6 engine be possible at 405 hp?
the LS6 is a 5.7L Gen III engine, Yes it made 405hp. But unless I miss something, that engine hasn't been in a production vehicle since the 05 caddy. I would pretty much toss any info that guy gave you out the window.
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #131
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDZ View Post
Thats probably the smartest thing to do.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #132
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
He probably doesnt work for GM he just wanted to sound like he was all high and mighty, I think this site probably knows the most about the Camaro second to the engineers.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:01 PM   #133
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
It’s my understanding that final production version won’t be introduced until NAIAS 2009 in early January. So we are looking at 9 months. Unless they are debuting in LA which I doubt.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:03 PM   #134
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
It’s my understanding that final production version won’t be introduced until NAIAS 2009 in early January. So we are looking at 9 months. Unless they are debuting in LA which I doubt.
You...well, if you're going...will be able to see the final car in September at the Indy Bash. THAT will be the Production spec Camaro's first-ever reveal; to the Camaro enthusiasts.

So it's 5 months.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:06 PM   #135
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
thats awesome where did you here that
Old 04-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #136
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer CamAro View Post