Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
slacker
Troubled 40 something
 
slacker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM RS/SS M6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 327
Rail tracking from Canada to Texas

I've been keeping a record of the tracking calls I made on my Camaro as it headed to Texas (Houston). For all those Tx guys wanting to know how long it takes, here's my breakdown. I missed the first few days because my car was shipped during the time the tracking thread was shut down- but once I got my info I started calling. Here's the breakdown:

Available to ship - 7/31/09

Shipped - 8/05/09

I missed these first few days- Then I picked it up in Ill. on CSX:

CSX

ETTX904049 - arrived Champaign Ill. 8/08/09 9:56 a.m.

ETTX904049 - departed Champaign Ill. 8/09/09 12:32 p.m.

ETTX904049 - delivered in Interchange to Salem, Ill. 8/09/09 3:17 p.m.

Interchange is where cars are hooked to a different locomotive, or switched to a different carrier. Union Pacific serves Texas so thats who got it next:

Union Pacific

ETTX904049 - Interchange accepted 8/09 3:17 p.m. estimated time of delivery to Industry 8/16 1:29 p.m.

I didn't check for a few days because I was busy, and didn't think UP gave locations. Then I checked again:

ETTX904049 - departed Tyler Tx. 8/12/09 2:28 p.m. estimated time of delivery to Industry 8/16 1:29 p.m.

ETTX904049 - departed Bryan Junction 8/12/09 8:59 p.m. estimated time of delivery to Industry 8/16 1:29 p.m.

ETTX904049 - placed in Industry 8/13/09 7:34 a.m. status: hold for unload

Industry is the final destination. I guess they don't say where Industry is so you don't go try to find your package. Anyway, I'll update when its unloaded and delivered.

Total days to ship from Canada to Houston, Tx - 9 days!!!! Not sure how long it takes to unload, time will tell.
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8680&dateline=1260288  130
slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #2
ThunderSS

 
ThunderSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East of Houston
Posts: 767
Cool Thanks for posting this up.. I was wondering how long it would take..
__________________

2010 Camaro SS/RS HKE Forged 416 CID
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/485 Ft. Lbs
ThunderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
wullger

 
wullger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 1,546
I thought I smelled Camaros yesterday!

Hope it gets to you soon
__________________
2SS/RS IBM A6, White Rallies
1100: 4/30/09 2000: 6/30/09 3000: 6/30/09
3300: 7/15/09 TPW of 7/27! 3400: 7/22/09
3800: 7/28/09 #30334!! 4B00: 7/30/09
4200: 8/5/09
6000: DELIVERED! 8/18/09


wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
IROC'D
Momma's Happy....
 
IROC'D's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS,M6,Summit White, gray int
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 204
Cool post. Let us know when it's delivered.
__________________

2010 2SS Ordered 7/20/09
Delivered 10/1/2009!!!!!
IROC'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
jstein
 
Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Deer Park, Texas
Posts: 249
If you look on the Union Pacific site is shows where the yard is. I heard from someone its close to Intercontinental.
jstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty
 
SWHCPA's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas
Posts: 724
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein View Post
If you look on the Union Pacific site is shows where the yard is. I heard from someone its close to Intercontinental.
It is off the Hardy Toll Road around the Airport. Can't tell you exactly where since it has been a while since I was prowling around that part of town.
__________________
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
ThunderSS

 
ThunderSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East of Houston
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHCPA View Post
It is off the Hardy Toll Road around the Airport. Can't tell you exactly where since it has been a while since I was prowling around that part of town.
I know exactly where that is at.. just north of IAH on the Hardy... it is on the north bound side of the Hardy..
So now I can go set up my tent right outside the fence.. lol
__________________

2010 Camaro SS/RS HKE Forged 416 CID
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/485 Ft. Lbs
ThunderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #8
slacker
Troubled 40 something
 
slacker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM RS/SS M6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 327
Yeah- I know where that yard is. I'm going to be a good boy and stay away from there- I might get the urge to jump the fence if I see an orange Camaro.

Just got an update:

ETTX904049 - empty 8/13/09 2:11 p.m. status: delivered to industry

Now I have to figure out who does the trucking. I called the salesman and he said he would call the trucking company Monday- yeah right, I can't wait on him.
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8680&dateline=1260288  130
slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #9
Snuggles
 
Snuggles's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS, M6, whitestrip
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Palestine, TX
Posts: 165
Mine is going to Tyler, TX and I saw where urs made a stop in Tyler before continuing on. Hoping that may shave a day or two off of my delivery time...

Mine is still sitting in "Available for Delivery" on Camarotracking.com...
Snuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #10
drtwo
 
drtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 599
.....
__________________
2SS RS Rally Yellow, LS3, M6, sunroof, extra on the fast!
drtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #11
slacker
Troubled 40 something
 
slacker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM RS/SS M6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 327
Really....I didn't get it today, but it's unloaded.
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8680&dateline=1260288  130
slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #12
TEXSS
 
Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 15
Thanks for the info, Slacker. Nice to have a rough idea of how much longer I have to wait till it gets here.
TEXSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #13
happidaz
 
Drives: shipped '10 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1
thanks slacker. good info.

i'm not far from you and my camaro is scheduled to arrive at industry tomorrow. hopefully it won't take as long from there.
happidaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #14
ThunderSS

 
ThunderSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East of Houston
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker View Post
Really....I didn't get it today, but it's unloaded.
Slacker where are you at in Houston?
__________________

2010 Camaro SS/RS HKE Forged 416 CID
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/485 Ft. Lbs
ThunderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #15
Goodthrust
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kenosha
Posts: 70
Mine is all jacked up. It says its at the yard center on the 23rd but delivered to industry on the 22nd... I can't figure it out.. Who knows where my camaro is...
__________________
I traded the van straight up for it... I get 48 miles to the gallon on this hog!!!
Goodthrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #16
azrickster
 
azrickster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM 6M #38916
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lake Oswego, Oregon
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker View Post
I've been keeping a record of the tracking calls I made on my Camaro as it headed to Texas (Houston). For all those Tx guys wanting to know how long it takes, here's my breakdown. I missed the first few days because my car was shipped during the time the tracking thread was shut down- but once I got my info I started calling. Here's the breakdown:

Available to ship - 7/31/09

Shipped - 8/05/09

I missed these first few days- Then I picked it up in Ill. on CSX:

CSX

ETTX904049 - arrived Champaign Ill. 8/08/09 9:56 a.m.

ETTX904049 - departed Champaign Ill. 8/09/09 12:32 p.m.

ETTX904049 - delivered in Interchange to Salem, Ill. 8/09/09 3:17 p.m.

Interchange is where cars are hooked to a different locomotive, or switched to a different carrier. Union Pacific serves Texas so thats who got it next:

Union Pacific

ETTX904049 - Interchange accepted 8/09 3:17 p.m. estimated time of delivery to Industry 8/16 1:29 p.m.

I didn't check for a few days because I was busy, and didn't think UP gave locations. Then I checked again:

ETTX904049 - departed Tyler Tx. 8/12/09 2:28 p.m. estimated time of delivery to Industry 8/16 1:29 p.m.

ETTX904049 - departed Bryan Junction 8/12/09 8:59 p.m. estimated time of delivery to Industry 8/16 1:29 p.m.

ETTX904049 - placed in Industry 8/13/09 7:34 a.m. status: hold for unload

Industry is the final destination. I guess they don't say where Industry is so you don't go try to find your package. Anyway, I'll update when its unloaded and delivered.

Total days to ship from Canada to Houston, Tx - 9 days!!!! Not sure how long it takes to unload, time will tell.

Where do you get your ETTX number from? The dealer?
azrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #17
crzycicada
 
crzycicada's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS/LS3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrickster View Post
Where do you get your ETTX number from? The dealer?
www.camarotracking.com

Put in your VIN # and when it's been shipped it will show up there.
__________________

Order date: 7/17/09
3000 TPW: 8/17/09
3400 status on 8/11/09
3800: 8/21/09
4200: 8/24/09 on rail car ETTX850796
5000/6000: 9/2/09
crzycicada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #18
slacker
Troubled 40 something
 
slacker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM RS/SS M6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 327
Sorry - I forgot to update this thread. My car was delivered 8/19 - so, from the time it was unloaded until the time it got to the dealer was 6 days. My dealer is 50 miles south of Houston, in Angleton.

As stated, I got all my info from www.camarotracking.com , check the threads on the tracking section above!
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8680&dateline=1260288  130
slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Request for shipped VINs to test railcar tracking KK2010SS Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 660 01-18-2011 02:30 AM
Union Pacific rail car tracking question? SSOOCH Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 15 06-23-2009 10:57 PM
Tracking a shipped car fieldgoal00 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 13 06-03-2009 04:39 PM
Excel/Access guru needed to help with rail tracking spreadsheet KK2010SS Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 3 04-29-2009 11:03 PM
Payment and Shipping info for 1st Edition Camaro5 shirts TAG UR IT Camaro5 Store Merchandise 154 10-18-2008 03:00 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.