Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 08-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Straight pipes before or after break-in?

I tried searching for this but didn't get anything back so here it goes. I haven't gotten my car yet hoping for June but when I do I want to go to straight pipes, does it matter if I do this before or after the break-in period? If it doesn't matter than it will most likely go right from the dealership to the exhaust shop.

Here is what I'd like to do.
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Break in???? What break in?

Seriously....do some searching. From what I've seen/heard it might do you well to be somewhat agressive right off the bat.
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

However, to answer your question, the muffler delete shouldn't do anything to the motor. I would probably drive it right to the muffler shop. That's just me.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
daphatgrant
June '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Break in???? What break in?

Seriously....do some searching. From what I've seen/heard it might do you well to be somewhat agressive right off the bat.
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

However, to answer your question, the muffler delete shouldn't do anything to the motor. I would probably drive it right to the muffler shop. That's just me.
Pages 8-16 and 8-17 of the owners manual where my research . Thanks for the link, interesting stuff.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I would advise, as much as your wallet allows, do do your mods before even driving the car.

- SK
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #5
daphatgrant
June '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSK71 View Post
I would advise, as much as your wallet allows, do do your mods before even driving the car.

- SK
I'm looking for a sound increase only, everything else will not affect mechanics, painted stripes, fuel door, gills, etc.

I figure if straight pipes end up being too much (noise wise) I can always go to a Borla or SLP axle back later.