Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
Waxin/Detailing Noob. Is this stuff ok to use?

Ok, I am new to waxing a vehicle. About 5 or so years ago, I purchased turtle wax and a "MVP Superline WI-4550SCB" buffer.

1. Is turtle wax ok/good to use?
2. The buffer, good or bad idea?
3. Should I just sell it and order Zaino?

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
fmdog44

Drives: 1965 impala
Turtle Wax is fine. It's just not a hip as Zaino. Buffers are for professionals. There is no need to use on on a good paint that only requires polish and wax. Buffers can cause swirls marks also using the wrong buffer. Speed on a buffer is critcal if it is not an orbital. I have two different types and use them only opn other folk's rides that need alot of work. Do it by hand and use only cotton. By the way ifyou choose Zymol check the label if it is made in Chicago you are using Turtle Wax any way. Clean,polish, was every three is the norm.
fmdog44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
Paperer
Ragin' Cajun

Drives: '02 Camaro SS - '10 CGM 2SS/RS
Yeah, I wouldn't bother with a buffer, unless you're working on some small damages and such. You can use it to polish/wax but that seems a little out of the way for me. Turtle wax is okay, but I prefer Meguiar's or Mother's if you're buying at Wal-Mart and places like that.

I've never used Zaino, but I haven't really heard anything bad about it.