Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
MakGrl

Drives: Cavalier&Camaro

Last edited by MakGrl; 04-24-2012 at 10:26 AM.
MakGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
once he submits the order you will receive your order number
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
dreammy
Banned

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM RS
welcome to a sweet ride~
dreammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
Mark A Collier Sr
Retired Army, 101st ABN

Drives: 2 SS/RS w/sunroof
Yes... I got mine but didn't get my code till that Monday! You can also track it with VIZ on the thread for less than status 3800!
BORN ON 4 NOV 09 at 12:26pm VIN:63460~ HOME on 18 NOV 09!
"101BABY"
Mark A Collier Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #5
RedRaider

Drives: 2000 Tahoe LT, 2010 2LT/RS
MakGrl, stay on the salesman about the order number. Without the order number, you might just be a stack of paper on the order manager's desk.

P.S. I grew up in Trenton NJ.
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
MAKGRL,

I am located in Staten Island, right next to central New Jersey.

I also ordered mine today - lets see how quick we get them. What dealer did you order from? Did you get MSRP? Did they tell you they have available current allocation?

I ordered from a dealer in michigan to cut back on the delivery time as they get direct from canada via truck and dont get stored or use rail for transit.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
TevisAaron

Drives: Tacoma, Wrangler, G37, Camaro.
iT HAS BEEN 6 WEEKS & i'M STiLL @ 1100!

I ordered my Camaro (along w/ a $1,000 deposit) on July 1st. The dealer told me that my car should be here in 8-10 weeks. However, I am still at 1100 and it has been six weeks already. I asked for the order number and they were able to give it to me (which was a relief as I had thought maybe they didn't really put the order in). The dealer said that there "is a delay in the manual transmission units". I don't know if that is true but it's becoming very frustrating. Anyone else having this problem? or is this normal?.
TevisAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
SRVFAN
Too Much FUN!!

Drives: RUBY!! 2010 2SS/RS RJT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TevisAaron View Post
I ordered my Camaro (along w/ a $1,000 deposit) on July 1st. The dealer told me that my car should be here in 8-10 weeks. However, I am still at 1100 and it has been six weeks already. I asked for the order number and they were able to give it to me (which was a relief as I had thought maybe they didn't really put the order in). The dealer said that there "is a delay in the manual transmission units". I don't know if that is true but it's becoming very frustrating. Anyone else having this problem? or is this normal?.
Manual Tranny's are not being restricted!
2500 (order preferenced):
3000 (accepted to production): 7/30/09 - TPW 8/17/09
3300 (scheduled for prod) 8/5/09 THANKS Viz!!
3400 (broadcast): 8/15/09
3800 (produced):8/22/09 - #39,334
4000/4B00 (available to ship/bayed):
4200 (shipped): 8/24/09
4300 (intermediate, may be multiple):
5000 (at dealer):09/03/09
6000 (delivered to customer): 9/3/09
SRVFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #9
dreammy
Banned

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM RS
I think we experienced quite a bottleneck the last couple weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TevisAaron View Post
It seemed like there was no movement for many especially those with manual transmissions. Now it appears things are being to move. Hopefully early next week things will start happening for you!
dreammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Its basically BS. They can put your order in even if theres a huge line ahead of you, GM just won't pick it up until then. I would go back and DEMAND a workbench order.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:40 PM   #11
talwell

For anyone that reads these forums and has a car on order or going to place an order - do yourself a favor and read about the status codes and what they mean. With this information you can talk to the dealers armed with the information you need to know to be able to determine the accuracy of what you are being told.

If the dealer cannot provide you the 6 digit order number than they have not placed your order. If your order status is at 1100 this means that the dealer does not have the allocations to have your car built - you are waiting for them to get it meaning it could be days, weeks or even months in many cases. If you are at 1100 consider that the the 8-10 week production time window will not begin until you move up to 2000. If the dealer is telling you otherwise either they are not being honest with you in fear of losing your order or they are not educated on the status codes and thier proper meaning.

At this point - there is not a huge amount of reasons to sit on a list at your dealer waiting for allocations to be available for them. Do yourself a favor and send Camaro Scotty an email and let him see if he can find you a trustworthy dealer that has open and available allocations. It is a shame to sit and wait on a list at your local dealer when you can get the same car from another dealer and spare yourself all this wasted waiting time.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #12
TevisAaron

i EMAiLED THE DEALER, TWiCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRVFAN View Post
Manual Tranny's are not being restricted!
I emailed the dealer once yesterday and they didn't reply. I emailed them again this morning b/c I couldn't get ahold of them over the phone, and STiLL no reply! I have the email/voicemails and everything where they clearly said that they would have my car in 7-8 weeks. (i knew it'd probably take longer but it's the fact of what they told me that makes me mad especially since NOTHiNG has changed). You'd think that since I'm going to be handing them a check for 20K they'd be on top of things a little more. In the WHOLE six weeks since I ordered they've called once. . and that was to ask if I wanted a spare tire instead of the inflation kit. That was two days after I ordered! They better come out with something soon. Everyone's time between order & delivery on here is right around 2 months i noticed. it's been over a month on mine and NOTHiNG. but like i said, hopefully things change soon! :(
Old 08-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakGrl View Post
So I went to the dealer today and ordered my Camaro, I asked him about the 6 digit code and he told me he will have it when the order goes in. Is this correct?

I previously asked if they had Allocation and he said yes!
Yes this correct as you have already been told, THEN you need to ask another question, and it even MORE important. Does your dealer have open ALLOCATIONS and if not, when will they get one for YOUR order, what date. You don't want to be sitting with an ordered car goiing nowhere for months, its happened to a lotof people here that didn't know to ask the right questions first.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #14
BB_Yellow2010

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99 Rally Yellow
It took my dealer about 1 week to get back to me on my order number.

I ordered my car on 7/30 I got my workbench order on 8/7. I am now at 3000 with a TPW of 8/31/09!! I hope this helps give you an idea of what to expect.

I was getting a little scared when the dealer was taking so long to get back with me, but it turns out, he wasn't lying, he did have allocation and my order will be getting worked on in the next 2 weeks!

P.S.-I did call my dealer just about everyday to get the workbench order number, so I would suggest you do the same, you got to stay on them!! Good luck to you, these camaro's are going to be so nice, I can't wait untill mine comes in!!
Old 08-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #15
TevisAaron

Dealers Excuse Update

Okay, so the guy from the dealership emailed me back finally and still insisted that the manual transmissions were on a delay. He said that they had gotten some in this week though to maybe that meant "GM was getting back into the swing of things". So hopefully he's right this time.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #16
Teddydog

Drives: ABM 2LT M6 RS
When I placed my order on 7/31, I hung up from the dealer while the salesperson charged my deposit and then placed the order. Got a call back less than an hour later with my order number. The order went to status 2000 the very next day and had a TPW of 9/7 before a week had passed.

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #17
talwell

MAKGRL-

If you do not have an order number yet please let me know - we will find you another MSRP dealer that has open allocations ready to use now - not 1-6 months from now. There is no reason to wait for ordering now.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #18
mbacamaross

Drives: 07 tahoe LT 04 silverado SS
this happend to me also. the dealer took about 3 weeks to get back to me and asoon as he did, my order was already in the works, got it msrp, by the way ask all the questions you want, go to more than one dealer if your not comfortable, dont feel pressured, dont fall for any supply and demand bs.. ask questions here, ask questions at dealer.. and then place order.. i went to about 7 dealers here in illinois, walked out (without saying a word) on salesmen that wanted from 3thousand -10thousand over msrp!!! jajajajaj the balls on them... i found a dealer.. bill kay chevy, in lisle illinois... answered all my questions.. he said he didnt have an allocation until about 2-3weeks away, but would take my deposit only after he had a workbench number, and when he did, he called me , i took deposit... and checked my workbench number here and it was already acepted for production!!

ask ask ask question,, dont feel presured!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #19
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Talwell...you explain things very well. You have learned well, young 'grasshopper'. lol

Tevis...6-speed manuals WERE on constraint. They are not now. Do you have an order # yet? If so, post it here, I wanna take a look at it.
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:35 AM   #20
TevisAaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
Talwell...you explain things very well. You have learned well, young 'grasshopper'. lol

Tevis...6-speed manuals WERE on constraint. They are not now. Do you have an order # yet? If so, post it here, I wanna take a look at it.
Yes, they DiD give me an order number. Which is NMDZBK. I was glad that they were able to at least give me that because I was starting to think they were pulling my leg.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:39 AM   #21
TevisAaron

MSRP Talk. .

I see that some of you were talking about dealers trying to sale Camaro's at ridiculous prices above MSRP. My dealer told me that my car would be $30,395 and that it may even be cheaper when it gets here depending on if it had incentives or not. So if they want my 20K down, they better not try and raise the price on me once it's here! lol.

I did want to mention as well, there is a local Chevrolet dealer here and I was going to buy a Camaro from them but they want $38,888 for a 1LT. I thought that was VERY ridiculous. But who knows, someone would probably pay that for it. NOT me, I can wait! Though I am getting pretty anxious! (:
Old 08-18-2009, 12:56 AM   #22
MagsSS

Drives: 2SS RS Camaro
When I ordered 6/13. I was told 8 weeks until I would have a car. But now its been 8 weeks and I still don't have an allocation. I finally got an order number last week. They told me it was entered on 7/31. They say I'm #2 on the list as of last week.

I'm still not sure what to believe. I don't mind waiting but wish I knew the real status.
MagsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:17 AM   #23
TevisAaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagsSS View Post
When I ordered 6/13. I was told 8 weeks until I would have a car. But now its been 8 weeks and I still don't have an allocation. I finally got an order number last week. They told me it was entered on 7/31. They say I'm #2 on the list as of last week.

I'm still not sure what to believe. I don't mind waiting but wish I knew the real status.
I was told 8 weeks as well. But it seems that I have figured out my problem with mine. And that is the delay on the manual transmission.

Hope things work out for you.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #24
y2k10camaross

Drives: y2k SS, y2k10 2SS/RS
I ordered the car the salesman put it in the computer and he printed out the Order Workbench with the order number and vehicle information and gave it to me. For me it was immediate. Good luck!!