Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Has anyone had Ziebart's Diamond Gloss

applied to their car(s)? I live in a TownHome complex and will not be able to wash and wax my car like homeowners can. However, I do rent a garage where our Camaro will be stored. I want to protect the paint without having to constantly deal with polish or wax. Has anyone used Ziebart's Diamond Gloss?

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
Scott Jones

Drives: Black 2010 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
applied to their car(s)? I live in a TownHome complex and will not be able to wash and wax my car like homeowners can. However, I do rent a garage where our Camaro will be stored. I want to protect the paint without having to constantly deal with polish or wax. Has anyone used Ziebart's Diamond Gloss?
I had it done. I went back and forth for a month before I did it, but now I'm glad I did. Even when the car is dirty, it still shines like its just been waxed. Below is a picture the day it was done. It cost $300, plus every year I can take it back for detailing and reapplication of the Diamond Gloss for $119. Some people might call it a rip-off, but for me it was worth it.
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2009, 07:07 PM   #3
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jones View Post
I had it done. I went back and forth for a month before I did it, but now I'm glad I did. Even when the car is dirty, it still shines like its just been waxed. Below is a picture the day it was done. It cost $300, plus every year I can take it back for detailing and reapplication of the Diamond Gloss for $119. Some people might call it a rip-off, but for me it was worth it.
Thank you so much for responding! I found out today that my hubby's boss had this done to his new Mustang. So we are definitely going to have this done to our Camaro, once we get it. It's not a rip off to those of us who don't have a driveway to wash and wax/polish our cars in. It's a lifesaver, or a car saver in this case.

Now do you just spray it off at a car wash then dry it with a microfiber towel? Can you use a detailer spray on the car after the Diamond Gloss is applied?

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
Scott Jones

Drives: Black 2010 1LT
I just wash it as usual in my driveway. You just don't need to wax it. I use Turtle Wax Ice detailer spray in between washes. I also use Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover spray on the front end. Ziebart said all those things are safe to use. The only thing they told me not to do is have wax applied if I take it through an automatic car wash. If I were you, I'd take it to the car wash and take your own mitt to wash with instead of using their brush. Then use an Absorber (only cost about $10 and works great) to dry. Then use a detailer spray and microfiber towel to touch-up.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:59 AM   #5
Ginnalou

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT/RS !!!!!
I had the auto butler applied at the dealer, I guess it's the same thing. LOVE IT!! Also it warranties the paint for 5 years. Makes washing a snap and I am so over the waxing thing!
Ginnalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:05 AM   #6
Ammo7
I GOT HER

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginnalou View Post
I had the auto butler applied at the dealer, I guess it's the same thing. LOVE IT!! Also it warranties the paint for 5 years. Makes washing a snap and I am so over the waxing thing!
how much did this cost ?
2000, Order accepted by GM0-8/11/09
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/12/2009 TPW 09/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 08/25/09
3800, Order produced 09/12/09 2G1FK1EJ6A9145958
4200, shipped 09/14/09
5000 vehicle at dealer 09/28/09
6000 vehicle delivered to customer 09/28/09
Ammo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #7
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Too much IMO, I use this for my customers and don't charged them a arm & a Leg.................http://www.properautocare.com/blacallfinpa.html.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:04 AM   #8
Thrillz

Drives: 2012 Charger R/T / 2012 Dodge Ram
If durability is top priority you simply cant beat zaino or klasse. Im sure you can find a detailer in the area who will charge far less for application of these products.What it really comes down to is that its a paint sealant nothing new here for people who hate waxing get charged an arm and a leg for. You could also try the turtle wax ice line its super fast to use. You can apply/remove it right were you washed the car it takes soo little time to use.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #9
Mdun6

Drives: A car that shall not be named here
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post

I know this is an old post but if you’re looking for someone to detail and keep your Camaro looking new I do detailing on the side at my house in Kettering. Your car looks familiar do you go to the K-Mart cruise in? I go to the cruise in when I have time and take the wife and kids. I have a 2008 Mustang Gt.
Mdun6 is offline   Reply With Quote