Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
SilverRain
 
SilverRain's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Markham
Posts: 34
When can an order be cancelled?

I orders a Camaro 2LT a couple months ago. 3 days after I ordered it I went back to see if I could change it to a 2SS. The dealer said that the dealer allocation on SS models is different and I would have to wait a long time for an SS (they would not tell me how long). They also said GM already "accepted" the order and that the original order can not be cancelled. My scheduled production is coming up soon and is almost two months from the order date. My question is does anyone know when an order can be cancelled by? I don't think my dealer actually told me the true and just didn't want me to cancel the order. What are my alternatives now? What if I just didn't take the car and left the deposit. Then I could just buy another Camaro at a dealer that has a 2SS in stock already?
SilverRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:22 AM   #2
SNV

 
SNV's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM 1LS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,271
I think you can back out of it. You would lose your deposit though.
__________________
2010 IBM 1LT out. 2013 BRM 1LS in. It's like having a blank canvas once again. Modding has started!
SNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #3
StangKiller-SS

 
Drives: GM products
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,622
From everything I've picked up about the ordering process as long as you are at 1100 you could change whatever you want about the order, though if it gets accepted into production I don't think you'd be able to change the model trim level from the LT to the SS as GM has pulled the pre-order to be put into production as a LT V6 model.

If you tell the dealer you want to cancel your order, then they'll probably just take the 2LT you ordered, let it get built & sell it on their lot. They wouldn't have any troble selling it.

Just tell your dealer you want to cancel your order because you decided you want the V8 2SS. They very well may not give you your deposit back though.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:33 AM   #4
drtwo
 
drtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 595
Do you have anything in writing concerning your deposit? Please see this thread...

Depending on circumstances, you may be out the deposit, but your loss would end there. They may even have to give it back if the car sells. Allocation of SS vs LT etc. is discussed a lot on this site, but I've never heard that they are different allocations. They are simply allocated a camaro and can choose whatever model to order. I think your dealer (LIKE MOST DEALERS) is shafting/lying to you. Find another one.
__________________
2SS RS Rally Yellow, LS3, M6, sunroof, extra on the fast!
drtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #5
rickerda
 
rickerda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chester VA
Posts: 513
It all depends on the paperwork.
Does it say the deposit is non-refundable?
Is there a cancalation clause?
A promised delivery date?
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #6
benjj
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: arizona
Posts: 191
wow... so you ordered a 2lt and the order was accepted within 3 days? i would call on the dealer but i don't see any reason for the dealership not wanting to switch the order to a 2ss, as it would mean more money for them. but ya, if your order was picked up by gm right away and you decided you don't want it anymore, whether or not you lose your deposit depends on the contract.

there is nothing saying that you can't back out of your order tho. that was the reason for the deposit, if you back out on your first order the dealership is likely to keep your deposit and sell the car they ordered for you to someone else, win-win for the dealer, so i don't see them being upset about it

g/l on your order tho, if your gonna order a new car might as well get what you want right?
benjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
SNV

 
SNV's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM 1LS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjj View Post
wow... so you ordered a 2lt and the order was accepted within 3 days? i would call on the dealer
I ordered on a Sat and my order was accepted on Monday.
__________________
2010 IBM 1LT out. 2013 BRM 1LS in. It's like having a blank canvas once again. Modding has started!
SNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #8
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back
 
chevyridinghigh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 655
I canceled my order after it was built and I got the full deposit back... No dealer should hold your money if it doesn't belong to them... The order is not complete until you receive the car.
__________________
2SS RS SIM M6 with Polish Silver wheels
chevyridinghigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
SilverRain
 
SilverRain's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Markham
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickerda View Post
It all depends on the paperwork.
Does it say the deposit is non-refundable?
Is there a cancalation clause?
A promised delivery date?
The contract says it I don't pay within 7 days of delivery, then they can take the deposite so looks like I loose it. It was a CAD$1000 though so not too bad.
There is no cancellation clause in the contract.
There was no actual promise date stated but they indicated by the end of August. The production date in August 24 so I am supposed to get it by early Septemer.
I don't know if the order was officially accepted by GM after three days though because the dealer has not provided me an order number nor would they provide me the tracking information when I requested it.
Thanks for all the feedback, it will be helpful when I talk to the dealer next.
SilverRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
SilverRain
 
SilverRain's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Markham
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjj View Post
wow... so you ordered a 2lt and the order was accepted within 3 days? i would call on the dealer but i don't see any reason for the dealership not wanting to switch the order to a 2ss, as it would mean more money for them. but ya, if your order was picked up by gm right away and you decided you don't want it anymore, whether or not you lose your deposit depends on the contract.

there is nothing saying that you can't back out of your order tho. that was the reason for the deposit, if you back out on your first order the dealership is likely to keep your deposit and sell the car they ordered for you to someone else, win-win for the dealer, so i don't see them being upset about it

g/l on your order tho, if your gonna order a new car might as well get what you want right?
I think the reason why the dealer didn't want to change the order is because maybe they were worried I would cancel and then buy another car from another dealer or something. Here in Canada I bought the 2LT just after a price increase. The cost to the dealer barely went up but the price increased so that the margin on the car went from 10% to 12%. Yet if you looked at the 2SS, the price did not go up yet so the margin was still 10%. I did the math and at the time of purchase the profit on the 2SS was only about $130 more than the 2LT I bought. So the dealer wouldn't make much more money off a 2SS anyways. And if the order was actually accepted and was going to be producted, the dealer did not want to take the 2Lt on their inventory to sell.
Anyways, I will talk to the dealer but most likely I will just loose my deposit and I will buy the one I want from another dealer
SilverRain is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why yes I work on the line in Oshawa the Mole 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 1711 02-23-2014 08:22 AM
So I cancelled my order... Disc Golfer Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 17 07-23-2009 06:09 PM
Cancelled My Order SB007 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 15 04-21-2009 07:54 PM
Finally decided, cancelled my 2SS/RS order today... :( JKashat 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 25 01-26-2009 01:00 PM
Another cancelled order...for an upgrade L. James General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 21 11-25-2008 04:36 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.