Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) Driveshafts | Differentials | Gears | Rearends | Clutch | Shifters

Old 12-13-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
Mungo

Drives: trans am
Clutch Question

Some of the posts from owners said that the clutch seems to be either in or out. What I mean is that is is either engaged or disengaged and there was no room for slippage. Some have said they stalled it frequently. Some have complained of a burning smell from slipping the clutch. Is this true? For those who have replaced their clutch did this issue go away and if it did what clutch did you get? Centerline or something else? I've had no problem with my 4th Gen Camaro/Trans Am. I can ease it in or out with no problem. Especially in stop and go traffic.
Mungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #2
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
Break in took care of it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
Some of the posts from owners said that the clutch seems to be either in or out. What I mean is that is is either engaged or disengaged and there was no room for slippage. Some have said they stalled it frequently. Some have complained of a burning smell from slipping the clutch. Is this true? For those who have replaced their clutch did this issue go away and if it did what clutch did you get? Centerline or something else? I've had no problem with my 4th Gen Camaro/Trans Am. I can ease it in or out with no problem. Especially in stop and go traffic.
I had the same problem stalled it out leaving the dealers
lot after delivery.
After about 1200 miles it seems fine now
Give it a little more time
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
HorsePowerAddicts
LSx Builder/Tuner

Drives: LSx Powered
All the ones i have driven have been very smooth. Definatly not like an on/off switch. Feels like nothings there compared to the car i drive everyday with a spec 3.
HorsePowerAddicts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Not much stalling (and i haven't driven a stick in years) but if you let if slip for any period of times you will smell the clutch burning.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
2SSjack

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro;
Yeah, I stalled mine a few times after I first brought it home, but I hadn't driven a stick for 15years. The clutch does grab with the pedal barely released but you do get used to it ( at least I did after a while). Just now at 1640 miles and so far no burning smell.
2SSjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
Merc
COTW 12/5/11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post

I have stalled mine now and again. Just cause tunes are to loud and can't hear the motor. Any time you slide the clutch you will probably smell it. Sucks seem like sliding the clutch is the best way to get it it to 60' at the strip.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote