Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:20 PM   #1
Ant

Drives: It's a Hyundai...FML.
Paint peeling? WTF?

So the day I picked up my car, I noticed a tiny white spot on the driver's door. It's on the corner of the door, on the part that would be against the car when you shut it. It's not very noticeable, so I just ignored it. Today I noticed even more white, as if the paint is peeling off the corner of the door. I haven't hit my door into anything. Should I just call my dealer?

I've been having bad luck, as I already had my car keyed by a jealous a**hole and my dealership was nice enough to buff it out. I'd feel stupid calling again, but this has to be some type of defect.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
The longer you wait the more inclined the dealer is to tell you that it was your fault.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #3
Ant

Guess I'm calling tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #4
AJ@ECSMotorsports

Drives: BMW 335i
Send a message via AIM to AJ@ECSMotorsports
Indeed, take him/her in ASAP!

My friend's Golf MKV GTi had a paint issue, took it in 3 times in under a year, all in the same general location.

I told him he could have lemoned it, (Florida Lemon Law), so I went with him the 3rd time and we argued (took paperwork with me along with a letter from an attorney friend) and we convinced them to repaint the entire car over. Cost them $3600 if I remember right

Good luck!
AJ@ECSMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Paint peeling has been a common issue with the cars so your dealer really can't say much. You already got keyed, wtf? Where was your car parked when this happened? Didn't you just recently make a thread about parking too?

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
Ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
Paint peeling has been a common issue with the cars so your dealer really can't say much. You already got keyed, wtf? Where was your car parked when this happened? Didn't you just recently make a thread about parking too?
Yeah, figures, right?

I woke up yesterday morning, and noticed a huge scratch on the front fender, passenger's side. Pretty sure it didn't happen at work. My brother called my neighbor over to look at it that night, he left, and when I woke up in the morning there it was. :(

It's still noticeable, so my dealer is ordering me the touch up paint.