Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE...

i want to order my car SOOOOOO bad! i have to sell my car first and i feel like it's NEVER going to happen. it's taking FOR-EV-ER! i'm starting to get really mad. i want to have 5k of my own money saved before i get the car, but not before i order it. i know that the longer my car takes to sell, the more money i'll have, but i just keep thinking, just order it now and deal with the money later LOL!

anyway, i really just wanted to vent about this... i know you all have been in this same boat in one form or another! it's so frustrating!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I understand how you feel, I sold my truck 1 month and a half before my car finally arrived at the dealership. Just stay positive about selling your car and you're right, the longer you wait the more money you'll have. Thats a good thing!!! Good luck!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk LS3 SS
I ordered before I sold my car

If you order now you still have a good amount of time before any financing is done. Just find a dealer with allocation and who will do a refundable deposit, worst comes to worst you can just back out, I'm sure they'll have no problem selling it to the next person. But if you wait until yours is sold you have a 6-12 week wait time with no car
Old 08-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
haleyd
determined future owner

i've already found a dealer that will have an allocation at the end of this month and that's who i plan to order thru...

i'm too scared to order without selling my car first because i know exactly how much i need to put down to get my payments to the same place they are now... so if i don't have that i'm kinda in trouble. i still have to save another 3k of my own money and am hoping to get at least 6k equity for my car... that will give me 11k to put down. i don't want to back out of my order once it gets here and have them sell it to someone else and then me NOT be the first ABM in town! LOL! i would be pretty pissed! ha! i'm so petty!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Welcome to the car business. Fun, isn't it?

Wait until you make appointments with people that never show or call.

Wait for the lowball offers.

Should be interesting.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Welcome to the car business. Fun, isn't it?

Wait until you make appointments with people that never show or call.

Wait for the lowball offers.

Should be interesting.
i've already done both of those things. two weeks ago a guy called and we agreed on a price, he said that he lived about an hour south of here and that he would be able to get up here around 6:30... he was already pre-approved thru his bank and they were going to be cutting him a check made out to my lien holder. i told him that he would either have to come up when the banks were open so i could be certain the check was valid or when his bank cut the check, have them fax it to my bank and they could check it for me so i wouldn't be worried. well he said "i'll call my bank in the morning to make sure they can do that"... i never heard from him again. i called him twice and he never called back or answered. i think he may have been trying to scam me... who knows.

i've also had people ask me to sell it for HALF what i'm asking and also more than 3k what i'm asking. WHAT? seriously people come on now!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
i want to order my car SOOOOOO bad! i have to sell my car first and i feel like it's NEVER going to happen. it's taking FOR-EV-ER! i'm starting to get really mad. i want to have 5k of my own money saved before i get the car, but not before i order it. i know that the longer my car takes to sell, the more money i'll have, but i just keep thinking, just order it now and deal with the money later LOL!

anyway, i really just wanted to vent about this... i know you all have been in this same boat in one form or another! it's so frustrating!
I totally feel your pain.

I've set a restriction my self that my truck has to be paid off before I order, which won't happen till Dec.

I'm thoroughly well driving myself nuts.

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
I totally feel your pain.

I've set a restriction my self that my truck has to be paid off before I order, which won't happen till Dec.

I'm thoroughly well driving myself nuts.
it's awful isn't it? i think my biggest fear is just that someone else is going to get my color before i do... i will be CRUSHED if they do! :(
Old 08-17-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:
it's awful isn't it? i think my biggest fear is just that someone else is going to get my color before i do... i will be CRUSHED if they do! :(

Whats worse is this disease is contagious.

I've had the fever for a long long time. Been wanting an SS Camaro for nearly 12 years now.

This past weekend, my wife looks me square in the eye and says, "I think I'd kinda like to have a Camaro too."

My response was "If I'd have known you were gonna do that I wouldn't have traded your Altima for a Malibu at the end of July. I'd have waited till I ordered mine and ordered you a V6 model. Now you're gonna have to wait a few years."

My wife is a Dr. in residency and one of the other Docs has a black one with blacked out tint and polished wheels that she's been drooling over.

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #10
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I have to sell two of my Mustangs to make room for my new Camaro, but I went ahead and ordered my Camaro the last week of July without having put either one of them up for sale first.

Well...I sold one of my Mustangs this past weekend and got exactly what I wanted for it. I am now putting the hard sell on my second Mustang. With orders where they're at right now on the new Camaro, I don't think I'll be seeing mine until December so I have plenty of time. My first Mustang sold a lot quicker than I thought it would. You just have to find the right buyer. Good Luck!
Old 08-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #11
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Ya think thats bad, I sold my boat then ordered the next day. Now I have to watch others take their boats out and I don't have one anymore. And I don't have a car yet either. WAHHH!
Old 08-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #12
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
I have to sell two of my Mustangs to make room for my new Camaro, but I went ahead and ordered my Camaro the last week of July without having put either one of them up for sale first.

Well...I sold one of my Mustangs this past weekend and got exactly what I wanted for it. I am now putting the hard sell on my second Mustang. With orders where they're at right now on the new Camaro, I don't think I'll be seeing mine until December so I have plenty of time. My first Mustang sold a lot quicker than I thought it would. You just have to find the right buyer. Good Luck!
december? yikes, why such a long wait? every dealer i've talked to around here has received their camaro's that have been ordered in no more than 3 months! hopefully i can order mine at the end of this month and get it in october sometime!
Old 08-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #13
Teddydog

Drives: ABM 2LT M6 RS
I'm selling my 2007 Mazda 3 and my 96 Corvette to buy my Camaro. I only need to have them sold before delivery, so I ordered my Camaro on 7/31. The Corvette just sold Sunday on eBay (but I don't have the money or the actual transfer done yet), so that's one down. I could actually trade in the Mazda, but I'd lose about $1k vs. selling for what it SHOULD sell for. Hang in there!

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #14
haleyd
determined future owner

i've been thinking about trying ebay, but don't you have to pay them a fee even if it doesn't sell? i don't want to have to do that... every penny i have right now is going towards my camaro... i'd hate to not sell it and have to pay them money and then just have to reauction it!
Old 08-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #15
Teddydog

They have two different ways to sell cars: locally and nationally. I think the local listing thing does have a fee to try to sell, just like Autotrader does. The national listing doesn't cost anything to list (zero insertion fee) unless you buy extra photos or enhancements. Then there is a $125 fee when/if there are valid bids over the starting or reserve price. If you don't get any valid, successful bids or if the sale doesn't go through, there is no fee. My total cost on the Vette was about $150. Sold for the minimum bid of $13,500. It might be worth looking at the fees. I've read they sell way more cars there than any other online car sales place.

Rob
Old 08-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #16
haleyd
determined future owner

i have it on craigslist right now but all i'm getting is spam emails from them... i also have it on facebook marketplace and myspace. i think i'm definitely going to look in to ebay. if i set a reserve, and it's not met, i won't have a fee??? is that the way i understood you???
Old 08-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #17
Teddydog

That's how it works for National listings. 1st week I had it starting at 13,500 and 17,500 reserve (was being optomistic) and got no bids. Relisted for 2nd week at 13,500 and no reserve and got one bid who won it for that. No fee for the first failed week. Owe $125 for the selling auction.

Looks like the local auctions are free. Don't know how that limits your audience, but might be just the thing. Here's a link to the eBay Motors listing and sales fees so you can see for yourself: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html

I'll probably try a "local" eBay ad if my current nibble on the Mazda falls through. Good luck.

Rob
Old 08-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #18
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Quote:
i have it on craigslist right now but all i'm getting is spam emails from them... i also have it on facebook marketplace and myspace. i think i'm definitely going to look in to ebay. if i set a reserve, and it's not met, i won't have a fee??? is that the way i understood you???
I have a car on craigslist also what a pain with all the spams and overseas will send money BS, if your ordering a V6 Camaro you car may work for Cash for Clunkers.

Clay
SSmoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #19
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoothie View Post
I have a car on craigslist also what a pain with all the spams and overseas will send money BS, if your ordering a V6 Camaro you car may work for Cash for Clunkers.

Clay
yeah, the spam is out of control. i almost don't even read the emails i get anymore because i know they are not real... especially if it's from a gmail account. my car i have now doesn't qualify for c4c plus i would get more for the trade, but i still owe 4k on it and 5k just won't cut it for a trade-in because i want a good down payment.

BOO! why does this all have to be so stressful. i'm losing sleep over this shiz!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #20
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Man some of you are just determined to get this car. If the only reason you won't wait is because you just got to have the car first in the Aqua Blue, then you really need to take a look at yourself and ask yourself do you really need this car right now. If you can't flat out afford it without getting what you want for you current car or can't pay a little more then what you currently pay then you shouldn't buy this car right now. Save up.

I only say this because I can afford to pay for this car and also two other cars, plus mortgage and everything else, so take my comments with a grain a salt as I don't know the meaning of having to scariface something right now.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #21
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
wow, so many in the same boat 9so to speak). My '08 Frontier is up for sale on this board, Craiglist, and Autotrader. My car has been built, but I don't know any status. I can't afford the down payment without my truck being sold nor can I afford the monthy of BOTH vehicles! I'm still "trying" to stay calm and hold it together though! It's my time to have something fun... Oh yeah, the 2 mortgages too! Not to mention alimony & child support :(
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; Subthump; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #22
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
wow, so many in the same boat 9so to speak). My '08 Frontier is up for sale on this board, Craiglist, and Autotrader. My car has been built, but I don't know any status. I can't afford the down payment without my truck being sold nor can I afford the monthy of BOTH vehicles! I'm still "trying" to stay calm and hold it together though! It's my time to have something fun... Oh yeah, the 2 mortgages too! Not to mention alimony & child support :(
With all those bills you don't need a new car you need another job. lol
Old 08-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #23
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
Man some of you are just determined to get this car. If the only reason you won't wait is because you just got to have the car first in the Aqua Blue, then you really need to take a look at yourself and ask yourself do you really need this car right now. If you can't flat out afford it without getting what you want for you current car or can't pay a little more then what you currently pay then you shouldn't buy this car right now. Save up.

I only say this because I can afford to pay for this car and also two other cars, plus mortgage and everything else, so take my comments with a grain a salt as I don't know the meaning of having to scariface something right now.
uhhhhhh that IS what i'm doing! LMAO! i'm not ordering the car until i get my car sold. that's why i want to get it sold NOW! i'm not a moron... i've thought of all those things. but thanks!

btw, why would we NOT be determined to get this car? that doesn't even make sense to say that like it's a bad thing. just because you are apparently rolling in the money, doesn't mean everyone else. if someone else had gotten your EXACT car before you did, you wouldn't have been mad? i live in a small town... i don't live in mount pleasant... so yeah, if someone else had the ABM before me i would be disappointed for sure!

sorry to sound so rude or so defensive but your comments seemed very smug, like you have all the answers and those of us that don't have 30K in our back pocket ready to put down on a car are foolish to even want one. if i was totally off base, then i sincerely apologize!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #24
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Quote:
uhhhhhh that IS what i'm doing! LMAO! i'm not ordering the car until i get my car sold. that's why i want to get it sold NOW! i'm not a moron... i've thought of all those things. but thanks!

btw, why would we NOT be determined to get this car? that doesn't even make sense to say that like it's a bad thing. just because you are apparently rolling in the money, doesn't mean everyone else. if someone else had gotten your EXACT car before you did, you wouldn't have been mad? i live in a small town... i don't live in mount pleasant... so yeah, if someone else had the ABM before me i would be disappointed for sure!

sorry to sound so rude or so defensive but your comments seemed very smug, like you have all the answers and those of us that don't have 30K in our back pocket ready to put down on a car are foolish to even want one. if i was totally off base, then i sincerely apologize!
Sorry didn't mean to make you mad. I was just saying this car isn't going anywhere. And for the record someone did get there IOM first in my town and we are actually friends. No biggie, its not like there are just a bunch running around as it is it will still be a rare car in our town. You should be ok given the Aqua Blue is one of the rarest ordered colors. Anyhow good luck hope you get one rolling soon so you will stop going crazy waiting for it.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #25
montej23

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro
be patient it will happen for you and you will get that car sold and into your new 2010 Camaro soon.
montej23 is offline   Reply With Quote