Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
haleyd
determined future owner
 
haleyd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: northeast indiana
Posts: 512
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE...

i want to order my car SOOOOOO bad! i have to sell my car first and i feel like it's NEVER going to happen. it's taking FOR-EV-ER! i'm starting to get really mad. i want to have 5k of my own money saved before i get the car, but not before i order it. i know that the longer my car takes to sell, the more money i'll have, but i just keep thinking, just order it now and deal with the money later LOL!

anyway, i really just wanted to vent about this... i know you all have been in this same boat in one form or another! it's so frustrating!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless
 
Iwantone2's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
Posts: 9,618
I understand how you feel, I sold my truck 1 month and a half before my car finally arrived at the dealership. Just stay positive about selling your car and you're right, the longer you wait the more money you'll have. Thats a good thing!!! Good luck!
__________________
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
Jeanius


 
Jeanius's Avatar
 
Drives: Blk/Blk LS3 SS
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Golden State
Posts: 2,873
I ordered before I sold my car

If you order now you still have a good amount of time before any financing is done. Just find a dealer with allocation and who will do a refundable deposit, worst comes to worst you can just back out, I'm sure they'll have no problem selling it to the next person. But if you wait until yours is sold you have a 6-12 week wait time with no car
__________________
SOLD: 2SS LS3 M6 - MGW - Dynatech LT's HF Cats - Magnaflow Street CB - ADM Race CAI - Pedders Xa Coilovers - Pfadt Sways
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
haleyd
determined future owner
 
haleyd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: northeast indiana
Posts: 512
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
i've already found a dealer that will have an allocation at the end of this month and that's who i plan to order thru...

i'm too scared to order without selling my car first because i know exactly how much i need to put down to get my payments to the same place they are now... so if i don't have that i'm kinda in trouble. i still have to save another 3k of my own money and am hoping to get at least 6k equity for my car... that will give me 11k to put down. i don't want to back out of my order once it gets here and have them sell it to someone else and then me NOT be the first ABM in town! LOL! i would be pretty pissed! ha! i'm so petty!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
RPO_Z28

 
RPO_Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 C6Z
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: RVC, New York
Posts: 1,745
Welcome to the car business. Fun, isn't it?

Wait until you make appointments with people that never show or call.

Wait for the lowball offers.

Should be interesting.
__________________
RPO_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
haleyd
determined future owner
 
haleyd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: northeast indiana
Posts: 512
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Welcome to the car business. Fun, isn't it?

Wait until you make appointments with people that never show or call.

Wait for the lowball offers.

Should be interesting.
i've already done both of those things. two weeks ago a guy called and we agreed on a price, he said that he lived about an hour south of here and that he would be able to get up here around 6:30... he was already pre-approved thru his bank and they were going to be cutting him a check made out to my lien holder. i told him that he would either have to come up when the banks were open so i could be certain the check was valid or when his bank cut the check, have them fax it to my bank and they could check it for me so i wouldn't be worried. well he said "i'll call my bank in the morning to make sure they can do that"... i never heard from him again. i called him twice and he never called back or answered. i think he may have been trying to scam me... who knows.

i've also had people ask me to sell it for HALF what i'm asking and also more than 3k what i'm asking. WHAT? seriously people come on now!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
nova

 
nova's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
i want to order my car SOOOOOO bad! i have to sell my car first and i feel like it's NEVER going to happen. it's taking FOR-EV-ER! i'm starting to get really mad. i want to have 5k of my own money saved before i get the car, but not before i order it. i know that the longer my car takes to sell, the more money i'll have, but i just keep thinking, just order it now and deal with the money later LOL!

anyway, i really just wanted to vent about this... i know you all have been in this same boat in one form or another! it's so frustrating!
I totally feel your pain.

I've set a restriction my self that my truck has to be paid off before I order, which won't happen till Dec.

I'm thoroughly well driving myself nuts.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS, M6,VR,White Rally's,Polished Wheels

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
haleyd
determined future owner
 
haleyd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: northeast indiana
Posts: 512
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
I totally feel your pain.

I've set a restriction my self that my truck has to be paid off before I order, which won't happen till Dec.

I'm thoroughly well driving myself nuts.
it's awful isn't it? i think my biggest fear is just that someone else is going to get my color before i do... i will be CRUSHED if they do! :(
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
nova

 
nova's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
it's awful isn't it? i think my biggest fear is just that someone else is going to get my color before i do... i will be CRUSHED if they do! :(

Whats worse is this disease is contagious.

I've had the fever for a long long time. Been wanting an SS Camaro for nearly 12 years now.

This past weekend, my wife looks me square in the eye and says, "I think I'd kinda like to have a Camaro too."

My response was "If I'd have known you were gonna do that I wouldn't have traded your Altima for a Malibu at the end of July. I'd have waited till I ordered mine and ordered you a V6 model. Now you're gonna have to wait a few years."

My wife is a Dr. in residency and one of the other Docs has a black one with blacked out tint and polished wheels that she's been drooling over.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS, M6,VR,White Rally's,Polished Wheels

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #10
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee
 
Hicompression's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,467
I have to sell two of my Mustangs to make room for my new Camaro, but I went ahead and ordered my Camaro the last week of July without having put either one of them up for sale first.

Well...I sold one of my Mustangs this past weekend and got exactly what I wanted for it. I am now putting the hard sell on my second Mustang. With orders where they're at right now on the new Camaro, I don't think I'll be seeing mine until December so I have plenty of time. My first Mustang sold a lot quicker than I thought it would. You just have to find the right buyer. Good Luck!
__________________
2010 RALLY YELLOW 2SS 6M
-OBX Longtubes FTW!
Hicompression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #11
mikel441


 
mikel441's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 2,429
Ya think thats bad, I sold my boat then ordered the next day. Now I have to watch others take their boats out and I don't have one anymore. And I don't have a car yet either. WAHHH!
__________________
mikel441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #12
haleyd
determined future owner
 
haleyd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: northeast indiana
Posts: 512
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
I have to sell two of my Mustangs to make room for my new Camaro, but I went ahead and ordered my Camaro the last week of July without having put either one of them up for sale first.

Well...I sold one of my Mustangs this past weekend and got exactly what I wanted for it. I am now putting the hard sell on my second Mustang. With orders where they're at right now on the new Camaro, I don't think I'll be seeing mine until December so I have plenty of time. My first Mustang sold a lot quicker than I thought it would. You just have to find the right buyer. Good Luck!
december? yikes, why such a long wait? every dealer i've talked to around here has received their camaro's that have been ordered in no more than 3 months! hopefully i can order mine at the end of this month and get it in october sometime!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #13
Teddydog
 
Teddydog's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM 2LT M6 RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dupont, WA
Posts: 389
I'm selling my 2007 Mazda 3 and my 96 Corvette to buy my Camaro. I only need to have them sold before delivery, so I ordered my Camaro on 7/31. The Corvette just sold Sunday on eBay (but I don't have the money or the actual transfer done yet), so that's one down. I could actually trade in the Mazda, but I'd lose about $1k vs. selling for what it SHOULD sell for. Hang in there!

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #14
haleyd
determined future owner
 
haleyd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: northeast indiana
Posts: 512
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
i've been thinking about trying ebay, but don't you have to pay them a fee even if it doesn't sell? i don't want to have to do that... every penny i have right now is going towards my camaro... i'd hate to not sell it and have to pay them money and then just have to reauction it!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Short Throw Hurst Shifter Not Available Matster 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 51 11-09-2009 10:03 AM
Can't freakin hold back anymore!!! : First post Mr. Brownstone 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 52 07-23-2009 03:41 PM
Couldn't wait anymore - bought another GM Car, but still holding out hope... BryGo General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 21 05-15-2009 02:28 PM
i don't want a camaro anymore! diddiyo Off-topic Discussions 15 03-22-2009 07:03 PM
G8 coupe not just a pipe dream anymore? Kyle2k General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 51 09-11-2008 12:27 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.