Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 08-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Drives: Camaro Justice
Pedders Gets ProCharged

I shipped my Camaro off to ProCharger last week. They will be using my bone stock engine and exhaust to create a final tune to ship with the retail ready kit. Because the Pedders Camaro gets around to many shows and on the web we will have our blower and hardware highly polished. Is is SOP for us, looks great but takes a lot of work to stay that way.

This is the first step in our build. When we get it back it will get a full Revolution body kit, 305/30 19 Bridgestone RE11 mounted on the lightest weight ZX3 wheel that Forgeline can make including titanium hardware. We will install headers, exhaust cutouts, chambered exhaust, electric water pump, header coating, oil coolers, special brake pads and a custom tune. When we are done we expect to have 600 RWHP on a dyno certified accurate for SCCA work. We should be able to pull over 1G on the skid pad and expect to run laps faster than a C6 Z06 stock Corvette.

I pick up my ProCharged Camaro from ATI this Friday and will drive it back to Michigan. By the time we get to Backstreet Performance for the final tune we will have about 4,000 miles on it or put another way close enough to break it in and get good numbers and performance on the street and dyno. This is just the start of the thread. I get pictures of my car up starting this weekend and throughout the build. It will debut at the berger All Chevy Show on the 29th of this month.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Ah Pete!!!

Procharged... You were supposed to get a tvs... Please elighten me as to why you went this route...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Back in 2004 ProCharger allowed Pedders to work in their booth with our GTO wide-body in exchange for the use of a couple of GTOs. I think we did three together to get to a retail ready kit. Over the years I have come to be very close to this company. They take great care of me personally and professionally. Their product is at least as good as the people who make and support it. I am sure than other companies make excellent blowers and have good people, but I don't have a relationship with them. I can tell you that I have literally hundreds of thousands of miles on ProChargers and feel that the performance and reliability are best of class. Aside from that they look great!
Old 08-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Interesting placement on the air intake. Isn't air pressure lower back there than it is with the intake at the front?
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Possibly, but with the custom hood I'll be running it won't matter.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Cool, Fair enough!

I can certainly understand that you take care of those that take care of you.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #7
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Navigator/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Possibly, but with the custom hood I'll be running it won't matter.

custom hood, do tell. For me the major drawback of this F/I approach has been where its forced to pick up air. If you can mate this with a ram induction hood, its time to let the cat out of the bag so we can plan acordingly

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #8
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Patrick, I think he did let the cat out of the bag. Read between the lines. Knowing how Pete builds his vehicles, I think it's safe to say the finished product will without a doubt be dialed in to perfection. Meaning it wont be finished until maximized for performance and efficiency.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #9
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

We run a similar setup in our G8. The G8 ran at New Jersey Motorsports Park in March. Last October, the SCCA held a major event at the same track. A T1 Vette one that event. This is a full on T1 race care with cage, no interior, slicks, etc... I brought mt street driven G8 in the exact same trim used to drive my kids to school. One street tires our average lap with Chris Brannon and Stan Wilson as the drivers was 7/10ths of a second off the fastest lap of the T1 Vette.

It all comes down to IATs. With the rather large intercooler used by ProCharger the intake position is less critical than you would think.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #10
1320junkie
Account Suspended

Drives: The Imperial Army
Pretty slick
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #11
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

The new blower from ProCharger will be unique. Becuase we work well together and we fully understand what a beta unit is (we have the same type of limited product releases to get real world experience beyond our testing) ProCharger has fit some development products to my cars over the years. The Camaro will have a unique installation.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #12
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Can't wait to see more...