Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
revobasher

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Revo's 2013 JDP 850 ZL1

Just picked up a 2013 blue ray metallic.. dealer had it leftover from a year ago.. new with 32 miles.. I plan to store it over the winter but hoping to get another month or so to drive before snow flies.

This is my first muscle car of any kind. I am coming for 4 cylinder turbos, specifically the Mitsu Evo platform. I was about to get a new GTR before realizing I am really only looking for straight line speed and getting on it from a roll. No need for the advanced AWD systems.. that and GTR was twice the price of course. I will get some pics up soon.

PS.. any must have upgrades or mods I should look into right away? Thanks all.

Mod List (Updated 4/20/15)

Engine\Performance
Roto-fab CAI (Carbon fiber dipped)
Roto-fab Fuse cover (Carbon fiber dipped)
Roto-fab Strut bar (Carbon fiber dipped)
Roto-fab Engine cover (Carbon fiber dipped)
Roto-fab oil cap (Carbon fiber dipped)
Roto-Fab Big Gulp
Roto-Fab Windsheld Washer reservoir relocation kit
Roto-Fab Misc engine bay pieces (Carbon fiber dipped)
D3 Performance heat exchanger
D3 Performance SC reservoir
Metco 2.50" supercharger pulley with hub and solid isolator
Metco 100mm dual bearing supercharger idler pulley
JDP Spec 1050 Billet Stage III Positive Displacement 3-bolt camshaft
JDP Motorsports 3-bolt cam conversion kit
KOOKS 1-7/8" long tube headers (catless)
Injector Dynamics ID-1000 injectors
VMAX 87mm CNC ported throttle body
ATI damper with 10% overdriven pulley and balancer bolt
Lingenfelter 160 degree thermostat
Goodyear 8-Rib gatorback Belt
Yank 2800 Multi Disk TQ Converter
Elite Engineering E2 catch can w/Black AN fittings & Black nylon braided line kit
Katech C5-R timing chain
Brian Tooley Racing LSx .660" lift platinum valve spring kit with titanium retainers
Comp Cams LSx trunion Upgrade and trend 1-Piece pushrods
GM gaskets and seals - front cover gasket/seal, water pump gaskets, balancer bolt
Melling LS series oil pump
Fore Innovations dual pump fuel setup
NGK TR7IX Iridium IX Plugs

Exterior
30% Tint
CF roof wrap
CF bowties
CF taillight bezels
Tinted side markers
Tinted tails
3M paint protection
Rock guards
Spec springs
ZL1 valve stem caps

Misc
Palmer Dashlogic

740hp/700tq @14lbs on E85

Build Thread

Last edited by revobasher; 09-30-2015 at 10:00 AM.
revobasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #2
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by revobasher View Post
Just picked up a 2013 blue ray metallic.. dealer had it leftover from a year ago.. new with 32 miles.. I scored it for $48k out the door since they were looking to unload it before winter. I plan to store it over the winter but hoping to get another month or so to drive before snow flies.

This is my first muscle car of any kind. I am coming for 4 cylinder turbos, specifically the Mitsu Evo platform. I was about to get a new GTR before realizing I am really only looking for straight line speed and getting on it from a roll. No need for the advanced AWD systems.. that and GTR was twice the price of course. I will get some pics up soon.

PS.. any must have upgrades or mods I should look into right away? Thanks all.
Well, I think the Goodyears don't work worth a crap unless temps are over 80 degrees so if I was living in Minnesota I would put on a different set of tires. If I was in Minnesota I would try the Continental DSWs. If it is only a summer car then Michelin Pilot super sports.

Put on an intake, a pulley and a tune and the thing will run awesome. If you got a 2013 check and see if it ever had the supercharger isolator changed under warranty, since it only has 23 miles probably not. If not have the tuner do the 2.55 upper pulley and isolator at the same time. If the supercharger has had "warranty" work then just do the lower pulley. 18% lower is the same as the 2.55 upper. I think you do need to change injectors with the pulley but I have had so many sets of injectors in my car I can't remember.... Someone else that is around that power level will refresh my memory I'm sure.

Welcome to Camoro5! There is a wealth of information here and you have got yourself a great car!

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
babigguy

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2015 Z51 vette 2005 gto
Congrats and welcome!!
Old 10-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Welcome. What part of MN? As mentioned above; the stock tires are terrible in cold weather even on a day like today.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:56 PM   #5
revobasher

Thanks guys.. I am in Blaine in the north metro. What kind of power can the stock engine\trans\clutch hold? Right now my only plans are a Robo-Fab intake.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #6
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Stock engine/trans/clutch can do 700whp easy. Some are throwing more at them. If you drag race the clutch will fail eventually but you have to spend a lot of money to get a clutch that is significantly better than the stock ZL1 unit. I have had a lot of work done to my transmission but that is just because I wanted to change the gear ratios. Stock trans will probably hold everything your motor can possibly make. The GM engineers really made the ZL1 stout.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #7
Paladinjc
AC Pickles!

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Nice, need pics though.
Paladinjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #8
revobasher

Thanks guys.. couple pics.. also ordering a few things tomorrow

Also researching to mild to wild mod..

Roto-fab 2012-15 Camaro ZL1 Carbon Fiber Hydrographic Finish Eng Cover
Roto-fab CAI for 2012-15 Camaro ZL1- CAI w/carbon fiber finish/powderct air box
Roto-Fab Oil Cap
2012-15 Camaro ZL1 Strut Tower Brace with Carbon Fiber Finish
2010-15 Camaro OEM Carbon Fiber Finish Fuse Relay Cover

Old 10-05-2014, 08:27 PM   #9
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Looks sharp.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #10
revobasher

taking delivery tomorrow.. hell I have not even driven it yet! lol

I wish it had the black wheels though.. might have to pickup some plastidip
Old 10-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #11
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by revobasher View Post
Thanks guys.. couple pics.. also ordering a few things tomorrow

Also researching to mild to wild mod..
Instead of the mild to wild, you should look at the palmer dash logic. It will give you complete control over the vacuum exhaust to leave it stock or open all the time or closed all the time. Mild to wild is open or stock and adm is closed or stock. Palmer gives you all options with just a plug into your OBD2 port and as a bonus you can read all of the information your car does not show you like intake temps etc. on the car DIC, HUD or Radio interface. I actualy have a new one I should sell because I have an extra gauge pod with the aero force gauges and I no longer have the stock mufflers.... I really don't need it at this point. I really need to do a big sale on all of the parts I no longer use that would be nice upgrades for other folks.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #12
revobasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
Instead of the mild to wild, you should look at the palmer dash logic. It will give you complete control over the vacuum exhaust to leave it stock or open all the time or closed all the time. Mild to wild is open or stock and adm is closed or stock. Palmer gives you all options with just a plug into your OBD2 port and as a bonus you can read all of the information your car does not show you like intake temps etc. on the car DIC, HUD or Radio interface. I actualy have a new one I should sell because I have an extra gauge pod with the aero force gauges and I no longer have the stock mufflers.... I really don't need it at this point. I really need to do a big sale on all of the parts I no longer use that would be nice upgrades for other folks.

Nice! Very interested. Shoot me a pm
740hp/700tq @14lbs on E85

Build Thread
Old 10-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #13
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
welcome

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:01 PM   #14
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
Welcome to the ZL1 family, nice car! One of the first mods you need to do is get XPel installed on all the prone areas! Take care.