Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 09-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #1
JantzenOKC

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS LFX
How many running IPS twin turbo kit?

I'm really considering buying IPS's twin kit for my 13 2lt/rs. The only thing that's stopping me is the lack of kits on the road. The kit has been for sale since July 13, and there's only 2 people that I know of running this kit, one is the prototype with like 15k on the kit. The other not very active on here.

Anyways, the v6 and v8 kits are about the same(not the 1000hp one) so I thought I'd see how many v8 guys have this and how they like the kit. Especially guys that did the install themselves. Thanks
JantzenOKC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:57 PM   #2
ttshovel

Drives: 12 camaro ss, 72 chevelle, 91camaro
A local gut put down over 700 whp with their kit, water meth and 10lbs. The only mod is the kit. As far as longevity goes idk, he's only put. Couple hundred miles on it
ttshovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #3
z06-tt

Drives: 06 Z06 TT
for less money you can pick up a DKT kit. US built.. and WILL support the power as your goals grow.
http://www.dktperformance.com/DKT-Ca...Kit-tt5gen.htm
z06-tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #4
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Shop around, compare features and what they come with for price. IPS would be at the bottom of my list if I was shopping for a kit. There would be at least 3 others above it unless you are talking about the vband $10k+ kit.

I know cyberpredator has had good luck with the high dollar IPS kit. There is a guy with the base kit that hasn't had such good luck, lots of issues and lack of support.

As for 700rwhp with kit and meth, I know the other kits have done the same. Performance wise they all make power. Reliability, fit, support, etc is what should drive the purchase because any of them will max out a stock motor with ease.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Is it really even worth spending a bunch of money on a V6 camaro rather than starting over with a V8?
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Is it really even worth spending a bunch of money on a V6 camaro rather than starting over with a V8?
For me it is.. Thank you for reading the post though, your the only one that realizes I have a V6, I was just curious what you v8 guys think about the quality of there kit as its really the only option for me except centri supercharger and they don't make alot of power. The IPS kit puts down 460 rwhp and 440 rwtq.. not bad for a daily driver that gets 30mpg. Not looking to build a 1000hp beast. I love my car and have become attached to it. An SS equipped like my car would have been about 43k. I payed 31k for my 2LT/RS with sunroof and nav. This kit is about $6500. I think it would be worth it.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:50 PM   #7
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
I would really really research and look into it. Friend had a v6 too. Looked at modding it. Landed up getting a loaded 2014 1LE for a ton off sticker. No way should a SS be $43k unless you are talking a ZL1.

Add clutch, exhaust, boost controller, fuel, meth, etc etc. I would seriously do a cost comparison vs selling it and getting a ls3 car.

Most people probably missed the v6 (me included) since you posted in the v8 FI section, not the v6 section.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:09 PM   #8
ABMLS3

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Camaro 2SS/RS
I wouldn't recommend IPS. terrible customer service

IPS Twin Turbo Kit

611RWHP & 567RWTQ
Instagram: TomTraube
ABMLS3 Build Thread
ABMLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #9
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
For me it is.. Thank you for reading the post though, your the only one that realizes I have a V6, I was just curious what you v8 guys think about the quality of there kit as its really the only option for me except centri supercharger and they don't make alot of power. The IPS kit puts down 460 rwhp and 440 rwtq.. not bad for a daily driver that gets 30mpg. Not looking to build a 1000hp beast. I love my car and have become attached to it. An SS equipped like my car would have been about 43k. I payed 31k for my 2LT/RS with sunroof and nav. This kit is about $6500. I think it would be worth it.

Turbo is going to be the only FI worth spending your money on for a V6. And I think IPS is the only game in town. Go for it.
Or if you want to ship your car to us, we'd do it here.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:19 PM   #10
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
I would really really research and look into it. Friend had a v6 too. Looked at modding it. Landed up getting a loaded 2014 1LE for a ton off sticker. No way should a SS be $43k unless you are talking a ZL1.

Add clutch, exhaust, boost controller, fuel, meth, etc etc. I would seriously do a cost comparison vs selling it and getting a ls3 car.

Most people probably missed the v6 (me included) since you posted in the v8 FI section, not the v6 section.
My sticker was 33,900 I'm pretty sure the 2SS/RS with same options was 43 but I could be remembering wrong. I didn't plan on modding when I bought it but the damn Camaro bug bit me. Whether I do this or not I'll never sell this car. I'm 33 and this is the first new car I've ever bought, ordered from the factory exactly like I wanted. I have the window sticker framed in my garage lol she's mine forever.

I definitely appreciate everyone's feedback good and bad, that's why I'm asking.
I've done exhaust and have the full brembo setup powder coated red from Mike. ZL1 sways and pfadt lowering springs. Had my wheels powder coated black.. alot of interior work also. Too much to turn back! Seems twin turbos would be an awesome setup for me so was hoping this kit would be out there more than it is.

I do post in the V6 section but this kit isn't really on the street much of only two guys and they don't say much but both love it. They say they've sold 60 or so V8 kits so I figured some guys in here were running it.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:58 PM   #11
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
My sticker was 33,900 I'm pretty sure the 2SS/RS with same options was 43 but I could be remembering wrong. I didn't plan on modding when I bought it but the damn Camaro bug bit me. Whether I do this or not I'll never sell this car. I'm 33 and this is the first new car I've ever bought, ordered from the factory exactly like I wanted. I have the window sticker framed in my garage lol she's mine forever.

I definitely appreciate everyone's feedback good and bad, that's why I'm asking.
I've done exhaust and have the full brembo setup powder coated red from Mike. ZL1 sways and pfadt lowering springs. Had my wheels powder coated black.. alot of interior work also. Too much to turn back! Seems twin turbos would be an awesome setup for me so was hoping this kit would be out there more than it is.

I do post in the V6 section but this kit isn't really on the street much of only two guys and they don't say much but both love it. They say they've sold 60 or so V8 kits so I figured some guys in here were running it.
OP, you're like me. I am loyal to the cars that I grow fond of. When in college i bought an 83 K10 4x4 that was 3 years old. Ive had it for 29 years and its my pride and joy. I will never sell it.

Also picked up a 84 CJ7 jeep from a trainee that got stationed to Korea and had to sell it. Ive had it since 97, great old hunting vehicle that ive done quite a bit of work to. When i drive it, i have people track me down and offer insane amounts of money for it. NOT FOR SALE!

Bought a 1990 Bayliner Carpi with a 150 outboard as a Lieutenant, and me and my family lived on that thing every weeked while stationed at Myrtle Beach when the base was still open. I still have that damn boat in my backyard. Still runs bad ass but the floor has rotted out and i need to figure out a plan for that. My son is at pilot training at Vance AFB and asked me if he could buy it. I told him he could have it but he has to fix it up and can not sell it.

The list goes on with my safe full of firearms.......don't get me started there!

I say, slap some turbos on that thing and take pride in it and keep it forever!!!! You can always buy something later on when finances permit.

Make it the way you want! Good for you.

OH, forgot about this 1ss i have now......it will never be sold and will be my coffin.....hopefully after i die a natural death, and not by getting too stupid in it. It is pretty out of control.

PM member "gretchengotgrowl" if you dont already know who that is.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: STUPID SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 300M axles, 3.5"alum DS, MCLeod RXT clutch, 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #12
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Op, I am in your shoes also but I've come to the point that I saved up $9,200 so far and I plan on getting the kit and also reviewing it fully with a write up and video of the whole experience with the kit and getting it professionally installed with IPS. I am going to also talk about the customer service and the whole experience I had going through this so you guys on the forum can learn through my experience. So far I have been in touch with IPS and they haven't really called me back on some stuff but I'm sure it will all pan out.
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #13
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
OP, you're like me. I am loyal to the cars that I grow fond of. When in college i bought an 83 K10 4x4 that was 3 years old. Ive had it for 29 years and its my pride and joy. I will never sell it.

Also picked up a 84 CJ7 jeep from a trainee that got stationed to Korea and had to sell it. Ive had it since 97, great old hunting vehicle that ive done quite a bit of work to. When i drive it, i have people track me down and offer insane amounts of money for it. NOT FOR SALE!

Bought a 1990 Bayliner Carpi with a 150 outboard as a Lieutenant, and me and my family lived on that thing every weeked while stationed at Myrtle Beach when the base was still open. I still have that damn boat in my backyard. Still runs bad ass but the floor has rotted out and i need to figure out a plan for that. My son is at pilot training at Vance AFB and asked me if he could buy it. I told him he could have it but he has to fix it up and can not sell it.

The list goes on with my safe full of firearms.......don't get me started there!

I say, slap some turbos on that thing and take pride in it and keep it forever!!!! You can always buy something later on when finances permit.

Make it the way you want! Good for you.

OH, forgot about this 1ss i have now......it will never be sold and will be my coffin.....hopefully after i die a natural death, and not by getting too stupid in it. It is pretty out of control.

PM member "gretchengotgrowl" if you dont already know who that is.
Yes sir, I do get attached. I've had my 99 S10 Blazer 4x4 for 10 years I will NEVER sell that thing I love it. Just recently put a 6" Superlift suspension lift on it and Zr2 front and rear diffs and fixed output manual transfer case.. she's a beast now lol. Waiting for a good deal on a low miles Vortec 350 to swap in then it'll be real nice. Also have a 2000 Taurus and an 86 Nissan hardbody 4x4. Love those too lol don't know why I can't get rid of them.

And yes I've been following GretchenGotGrowls build for a long time. Just awesome. He's the reason I'm even considering this. With the high pressure fuel pump from the ttv6 Cadillac LF3 he can make a TON of power without ANY supplemental fuel. Rods and pistons aren't crazy expensive and are available thanks to gretchen. Reminds me alot of the old Grand National turbo6!
Old 09-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #14
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
Op, I am in your shoes also but I've come to the point that I saved up $9,200 so far and I plan on getting the kit and also reviewing it fully with a write up and video of the whole experience with the kit and getting it professionally installed with IPS. I am going to also talk about the customer service and the whole experience I had going through this so you guys on the forum can learn through my experience. So far I have been in touch with IPS and they haven't really called me back on some stuff but I'm sure it will all pan out.
Man that would be awesome, I've emailed them a little back and forth but whoever I was talking to didn't know alot. Just emailed through the fabberge website, prob just a salesman with bad info. Apparently I need to talk to either Jeff (head of sales) or Stas (owner)