Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2016, 08:40 AM   #1
Mrbowtie26
 
Mrbowtie26's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 CRT 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Haven CT
Posts: 559
Finally dyno'd my car after LSA conversion

Posted in the 1LE forum but figured this would be more appropriate. It's a 2015 1SS 1LE with TSP 2" primary LT headers through dual 3" exhaust with no cats going Into dual flowmaster outlaw mufflers. Sounds insane. Other mods are ADM LSA conversion. With 2.75 pulley, btr stage 1 pd blower cam, ADM cai with race scoop, rear suspension complete bmn except for lca's , adm fpcm, 65lb injectors. Dyno'd 640/578 with the injectors at 86% duty cycle. Debating if I should get ID850'S or a boost a pump. Very happy with the combo. ADM kit was 100% complete and really well done. Definitely recommend ADM kit for anyone thinking of going pd. In hindsight I probably should have went with 85 lb injectors I just didn't think I would have made as much as 640. I figured I'd be closer to 580. Opinions on injectors with my combo ?
Attached Images
 
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:54 AM   #2
frankwjr
 
frankwjr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS 2SS 6M
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Smithsburg, Md.
Posts: 312
Stock fuel pump? Maybe a ZL1 fuel pump swap before larger injectors...
__________________
2010 SS 2SS M6 - Spectre CAI - JET TBS - JBA Shorty Headers - ARH Catted Mids - stock cat back - MSD 12v coil harness mod - tune by dynoSteve!(Woot) - LS9 block -Daily Driver
frankwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:09 AM   #3
MoeIv
 
MoeIv's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Qatar
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
Stock fuel pump? Maybe a ZL1 fuel pump swap before larger injectors...

The 1LE's come with a zl1 fuel pump from the factory
MoeIv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:12 AM   #4
frankwjr
 
frankwjr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS 2SS 6M
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Smithsburg, Md.
Posts: 312
10-4....
__________________
2010 SS 2SS M6 - Spectre CAI - JET TBS - JBA Shorty Headers - ARH Catted Mids - stock cat back - MSD 12v coil harness mod - tune by dynoSteve!(Woot) - LS9 block -Daily Driver
frankwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:50 AM   #5
hammdo
Circle Member Want-A-Be
 
hammdo's Avatar
 
Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 L99 LSA SC Z/LE
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 4,441
1LE's eat this kit up. Excellent numbers for sure. Unless you intended to WOT all the time, 80% duty is what you want to be at max duty cycle -- as a safe margin. 86% is close. Are you going for more hp? 850s would be safe and give you room. Those would drop right in. Retune would be necessary.

Every car is different. Your combo breaths well and the hp shows that! How much boost? 9 PSI?

Congrats!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:14 AM   #6
Mrbowtie26
 
Mrbowtie26's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 CRT 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Haven CT
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
1LE's eat this kit up. Excellent numbers for sure. Unless you intended to WOT all the time, 80% duty is what you want to be at max duty cycle -- as a safe margin. 86% is close. Are you going for more hp? 850s would be safe and give you room. Those would drop right in. Retune would be necessary.

Every car is different. Your combo breaths well and the hp shows that! How much boost? 9 PSI?

Congrats!


-Don
Thanks Hammdo. Yeah the boost is on the above picture but to be exact it was around 9 for most of it but from 5700 to 6900 it slowly rose to a max of 9.9. Ted Janetty commented that it was really good power for that amount of boost. I still have the 2.50 pulley I considered putting on but that was assuming I'd be just under or at 600. I'm not sure how much I wanna push the stock block.
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:17 AM   #7
Mrbowtie26
 
Mrbowtie26's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 CRT 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Haven CT
Posts: 559
Ted recommended bigger injectors to get the duty cycle down and give more room for the other pulley and Andy from ADM recommended a boost a pump.
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:26 AM   #8
Bo White



 
Bo White's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vance Alabama
Posts: 5,239
I'd go with better pumps and 85Lb injectors. Your probably running out of pump too
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:00 PM   #9
Mrbowtie26
 
Mrbowtie26's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 CRT 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Haven CT
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
I'd go with better pumps and 85Lb injectors. Your probably running out of pump too
With the adm fpcm and zl1 pump the pressure stayed above 60 even at 6900. Not sure if much more is desirable. In the above picture the fuel pressure is in pink. After Ted was done tuning everything the pressure was relatively consistent at 60 or slightly above throughout.
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #10
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 11,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbowtie26 View Post
With the adm fpcm and zl1 pump the pressure stayed above 60 even at 6900. Not sure if much more is desirable. In the above picture the fuel pressure is in pink. After Ted was done tuning everything the pressure was relatively consistent at 60 or slightly above throughout.
When I finished tuning I was happy with the fuel pressure so we are good there.

A fuel pump voltage booster won't change that nor will it change the IDC.

I am still going to push you toward the ID-850s Your IDC will be around 50 % and leave room for that 2.5 pulley.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:27 PM   #11
Mrbowtie26
 
Mrbowtie26's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 CRT 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Haven CT
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
When I finished tuning I was happy with the fuel pressure so we are good there.

A fuel pump voltage booster won't change that nor will it change the IDC.

I am still going to push you toward the ID-850s Your IDC will be around 50 % and leave room for that 2.5 pulley.

Ted.
Ted you think with the Id850's, zl1 pump, and adm fpcm that would get me in the 680 range right (with the 2.5 pulley) ?
I'm probably going to make that my upgrades for next season. I'm just worried about the stock bottom end and unsure how much more power it will take (assuming I get the injector issue in line).
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:45 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 11,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbowtie26 View Post
Ted you think with the Id850's, zl1 pump, and adm fpcm that would get me in the 680 range right (with the 2.5 pulley) ?
I'm probably going to make that my upgrades for next season. I'm just worried about the stock bottom end and unsure how much more power it will take (assuming I get the injector issue in line).
I have done 700-720 RWHP on this fuel supply ID-850 combination many times so you definitely will be able to support 680.

I am comfortable at 650-670 on your combo on 93 octane but not with your current injectors.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 09:39 AM   #13
Mrbowtie26
 
Mrbowtie26's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 CRT 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Haven CT
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I have done 700-720 RWHP on this fuel supply ID-850 combination many times so you definitely will be able to support 680.

I am comfortable at 650-670 on your combo on 93 octane but not with your current injectors.

Ted.
Alright thanks for the info appreciate it !
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 09:45 AM   #14
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 11,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbowtie26 View Post
Alright thanks for the info appreciate it !
Any time Friend.

Thank you for your business.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.