Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Cool Allocation by week

Allocation by week is out for ordering cycles from this week until 9/17 for those wishing to gaze into the crystal ball and predict when you may expect to see your car
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
Vuron00

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT
Just when I thought I was starting to figure out allocation, you post something like this. Can I get a little clarification on what this actually means to people still at 1100?
Vuron00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
NotAnInsider

Drives: just sold it. Feet!
Allocation is not that hard to figure out. I've explained it personally in a dozen different threads. As I've noted before, "allocation by week" reports tell dealers what they can expect their allocation to be for the coming weeks (a finite period of time).
NotAnInsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
BlackCamaro
"Does it come in Black?"

Drives: Black Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCAR View Post
Allocation by week is out for ordering cycles from this week until 9/17 for those wishing to gaze into the crystal ball and predict when you may expect to see your car
How would we find this info on allocation by week? From our dealer, or is there a link somewhere?
BlackCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
Vuron00

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnInsider View Post
Allocation is not that hard to figure out. I've explained it personally in a dozen different threads. As I've noted before, "allocation by week" reports tell dealers what they can expect their allocation to be for the coming weeks (a finite period of time).
Oh. I misunderstood the OP. When he said that allocation was "out", I immediately thought that he meant it was gone. I guess its "out", as in "released". Now, I feel much better.
Vuron00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #6
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCamaro View Post
How would we find this info on allocation by week? From our dealer, or is there a link somewhere?
Dealer, the information is specific for each store. It shows how many cars you can order or are "allocated" in a specific week's ordering cycle. They should be able to project when you car will pick up by the system.
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #7
BlackCamaro
"Does it come in Black?"

Drives: Black Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCAR View Post
Dealer, the information is specific for each store. It shows how many cars you can order or are "allocated" in a specific week's ordering cycle. They should be able to project when you car will pick up by the system.
Oh gotcha. Had this talk with my dealer last week. GM bumped him up to 8 a month, after controlled allocation ended. Said he's trying to get 16 built this month, and I'm 14th in line
BlackCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote