Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #51
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
I agree to an extent but there are alot of people who dont know or study cars like we do. People are very Impressionable and can be swayed into not buying a car based on reviews. I will agree that everyone is tittled to their opinion.... but he seems to have made his up without even testing the car yet. "sorry boys and girls" is no way to start off a non biased post... especially without even testing the car yet.
Actually he did drive the V6 and he is planning on driving the SS. All his negative points he raised already can be applied to the SS as well so I have no idea why he'd even bother. SS has the same seats, same trunk and same "gangsta" windshield.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #52
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Consumer reports magazine. UGH i hate it.
I agree. Had a subscription given to me as a B-day gift.... never again.

Proudly Canadian, just like the 2010 Camaro.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #53
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
You gotta admit "It'll burn rubber like an orgy" is classic though.
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less

Last edited by 67 Convertible; 08-19-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #54
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Well said, Doc.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #55
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by banovsky View Post
…please don't get me wrong, it's wonderful that people are still passionate about cars. And Camaro owners are some of the most passionate out there. But when I review a vehicle, it's from an objective standpoint, despite the amount of flowery language I'll use.

Cheers, M!

Who exactly do you believe you're fooling ?
'It's from an objective standpoint'.

These examples look CLEARLY objective;
1 - "Before you think I’m completely crazy, let me break your heart: the Camaro doesn’t drive all that well. It’s not a sports car — far from it — and though the 304 horsepower 3.6-litre direct injection V6 RS I drove had the numbers to make an impression, it just didn’t.

Starting from the engine bay and working your way through the car, it’s like Chevrolet put things in this coupe just so you can tell your friends: "Yeah, it has that," but not so the "things" make a better car. Let me explain."

Sounds an awful lot like you are stating PERSONAL OPINION, which assumably is acceptable in journalist circles, but not very represntative of the product you are offering - an objective review for perspective owners. Have you ever considered that your OPINONS may easily detract from the reputation, let alone sales of a product ? I'd have to seriously doubt that, given you slap so much rhetoric into your 'review'. Ie.: And it’ll burn rubber like an orgy

As a 'journalist' (using this word rather loosely in this case), you may want to reconsider exactly the value of what you offer vs. expressing yourself under someone else's poor judgement of providing you the forum to publicly do so.

2 - "That weight isn’t just “safety and emissions equipment” as manufacturers are so quick to say. Actually, despite the weight, it'll do a best-in-class 17 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway.

Some of the weight, I guess, is from the 20-inch wheels fitted to my RS tester.

They look great — “Hey, friends, look: I have 20s on my car!” — but dilute the steering feel, make the car feel heavier than it should (rotating mass is worth about four times its weight when moving, so, say, 50lbs of wheel and tire at each corner feel more like 200lbs.) And though there’s tremendous grip from the ultra-wide tires, there’s very little confidence from the driver’s seat."

Far from alot of reviews the auto magazines and online reviews state. Again, sounds awful close to personal opinion.

3 - Something else you can tell your friends: the car looks amazing, from it’s chiselled flanks, to BMW-esque ‘halo’ headlights, to scouring lower grille. It’s every bit the Whitesnake Bon Jovi Reunion Tour Superfest Road Wagon you’d hope it to be. But those looks come at a price.

First, every boy under the age of 15 (and some as old as 45) will point and shout, “Bumblebee!” as you drive past, which is only a good thing if you sell Megan Fox bikini calendars, or if you are the leader of the Boy Scouts.

What about storage space? Not much. Even less if you opt for the auxiliary gauge package that resides in the lower dash panel, just in front of the shift lever.

“Look, friends: I have auxiliary gauges!”

The last statement is simply childish. I seriously have to wonder how old you are.

4 - But if you want to live again after spending 15 years driving drab, beige, Japanese-produced prison cells with funny names like Camry, Corolla, or Altima, buy the Camaro. Tell your friends about the engine, the wheels, and the gauges. Tell them it starred in two real-life moving pictures made in Hollywood!

Tell them General Motors is back, in a big way, because they are. But the General’s best products are G8, CTS, Malibu, Equinox, and Traverse.

The Camaro is the sales pitch.

I assume at the end of your 'review' you are trying to reconnect with your reader after having gone adolescent in your article. At the end, you TRY to elevate yourself above bashing GM by talking up other GM model cars, but appears you even have difficulty being objective and mature enough to achieve even that task with such statements as 'Tell them, Tell your friends, talk of real-life moving pictures made in Hollywood'.

It is quite obvious from the start of your 'Objective review' that you stand against GM and the Camaro, so offering a review for public reading while struting like a child is a serious waste of any payment and time you were provided for this article. Your inuendo's are belittling to the reader and not as humourous as you would like to think.

Do yourself a favor and go back to studying exactly what an 'objective perspective' entails, then offer an article. In the meantime, you're using the forum provided you to speak out like a child on a public internet forum. Your career as a writer may be in jeopardy until you understand the difference between valuable writing and childish rants.

.... and for the record, I have no need to read your SS review. I already know what it's content, not that your writing will ever attract my curiousity again anyway.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]

Last edited by calflan; 08-19-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #56
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Actually he did drive the V6 and he is planning on driving the SS. All his negative points he raised already can be applied to the SS as well so I have no idea why he'd even bother. SS has the same seats, same trunk and same "gangsta" windshield.

As long as he doesnt carry his negative feelings into the next test it will be ok. Just seems like his mind is already made up about the SS.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #57
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
As long as he doesnt carry his negative feelings into the next test it will be ok. Just seems like his mind is already made up about the SS.
Well he is going to have a hard time getting his hands on an SS from GM for a review. Trust me on this .
Old 08-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #58
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Well he is going to have a hard time getting his hands on an SS from GM for a review. Trust me on this .
LMAO..... good stuff right there
Old 08-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #59
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Arghhh... he's even tweeting about us.

Proudly Canadian, just like the 2010 Camaro.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #60
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Looks to me like this guy is just trying to drive up traffic to his column...

He posted once then split knowing he was gonna spin us up...

Agreed on that. There is no other reason to come to an enthusiast website and refer to your own web review. May just be wanting someone to see how many hits his article has.

It is almost like he never really evaluated the car. It has a small trunk opening, but not a small trunk. That comment, made by many of the mags as well, tells me it was a superficial evaluation. Hilton can put hockey kit and I can get golf equipment and pack for a trip to California. It is NOT a small trunk.

Headroom? Much better than most other cars with a sunroof. I could not drive a Monte Carlo with a sunroof without the seat being so far reclined I couldn't drive the car comfortably. Camaro.....not a problem.

Maybe he should just read the reviews I've posted here. More insightful, but that's my opinion.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #61
ace2777

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Inferno Orange
every time i go anywhere i'm reminded of how awesome this car is. from when i sit in my two tone leather seats, to the sweet sound of that v8 when i turn the key, to the power at will feeling in my feet, to the fact that people everywhere give me thumbs up and stop to chat about this fantastic vehicle... i didnt buy it for trunk space, thats what my tahoe is for, and i didnt buy it for mpg, thats what my wifes acura is for...i bought it because as soon as i saw it i loved it !!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #62
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Miata, MIATA?!!? Where? Yummy! Here Miata Miata Miata, heeerreee Miata Miata Miata heerreeeeeeeeeeeee........

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #63
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Drives: 2SS RS M6 V.R. & 2006 Jetta TDI
I only read the first test because his post here led me there.
Rest assure I have no intention on reading his second.
And ordered the 2SS because I want one and could care less what any reviewer has to say.
I have never been this excited about something in my whole life.
4 weeks since I ordered mine...longest 4 weeks I have ever experienced.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #64
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Old 08-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #65
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Alrighttyyy 1 deleted comment later, let me try again

I thought your review was a great example of why you'd never work for a real publisher. Journalism 101, bias = fail. It was obvious the article was written with a (self admited) bias towards the Mustang GT.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #66
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Miata, MIATA?!!? Where? Yummy! Here Miata Miata Miata, heeerreee Miata Miata Miata heerreeeeeeeeeeeee........

[IMG][/IMG]
awesome!
Old 08-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #67
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
WOW, this guy even took the time to add tags for search...
Old 08-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #68
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by calflan View Post
Who exactly do you believe you're fooling ?
Not going to take up space and quote the whole reply, but that is some major pwnage on all points there. (or for the older crowd here, OP needs to remove his foot from his mouth)
Old 08-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #69
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2012 Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
Camaro........Miata?
Current:2012 Cadilac Escalade.2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned&loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09 Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
Old 08-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #70
bobby35ny

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Yup, kinda upset about the gangsta windshield, Only my Glock can fit thru, My AK-47 won't fit. LOL

-bobby
Old 08-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #71
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
WOW, this guy even took the time to add tags for search...
Most moderators on respectable forums either lock a post immediately for violating the rules or at a minimum don't post rude off topic comments in the thread.

You would sound like less of a bullying jerk if you chose one and were consistent with it.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #72
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
As anyone on this forum knows, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MY CAMARO!!!!!!!!...

Is it perfect?....no
Do I care?....no
I don't expect ANY car or truck or house or boat or PERSON to ever be 100% PERFECT....

That being said, did I mention that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MY CAMARO!!!...
I totally agree!

Hey wait a minute though sis, our babies are perfect!

They fit us like a glove ~
Old 08-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #73
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
Most moderators on respectable forums either lock a post immediately for violating the rules or at a minimum don't post rude off topic comments in the thread.

You would sound like less of a bullying jerk if you chose one and were consistent with it.
Is that you Banovsky? I've been on MANY forums and the moderators on this forum are about as far from "bullying jerks" as you'll find.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #74
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post

Old 08-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #75
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
The funniest part of the whole thing is that he thinks he's "objective."

Sorry, no. "I didn't like the car" is not an objective statement.

Try again.

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro, crappy review, miata, motor trend, review, useless, vlane