Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:26 AM   #1
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Cool Questions about my 2010 Camaro Order

Hey guys....I have some questions maybe some of you Camaro owners can answer for me. Alright,...last month I placed an order for a 2010 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic on July 12th. The dealer told me I had to put $1,000 down on the car to have it ordered, then in 3 months(November) it should arrive and they will call me to come pick it up and finish the paperwork. I got my order number, reference number, copy of the check, total on the car at purchase, and all that good stuff. But my question is, would the dealership accept an order and a deposit for this car if they aren't willing to finance me? My salesman told me that, "you have nothing to worry about, I'm getting you financed, I cant order the car unless i knew i had a financier for you when the car gets here;your str8. But in-case you change your mind about this car before November, the money is non-refundable cause we have to have this built to your specification."

Ah, that was a comforting statement, but I was wondering from you guys if you think there was any truth to it. I mean, the dealership ran my credit and told me I had great credit...I'm putting 9 thousand down on the car excluding tax, title,and license. My note is going to be affordable for me; 300-400 a month range. I dunno about insurance. I'm 23. It's no luxury coupe,....i was trying to get an infiniti and the insurance on that was 330 a month understate farm, and 800 and up from other popular places. Im not worried about insurance, any price is worth having this thing! Besides that, I'm just wondering if it's safe for me to say it's a sure deal Im getting this car.

I have a order number and a reference number and I'm at "1100" status. Should I lose my paranoia until November? My mentality is "you don't have it until you have it".
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:44 AM   #2
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Ya ..............I think they will have a real problem selling that car if you don't take it.

I am suprised they did not want the $9000 as deposit.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Don't worry about it. They are just wanting you to finance it through them, thats all. if they actually ordered the car, and you have the order number.....you are good to go.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #4
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Don't worry about it. They are just wanting you to finance it through them, thats all. if they actually ordered the car, and you have the order number.....you are good to go.
Thats what everyone keeps telling me!!! Thanks!! I feel much better lol.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
Old 08-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #5
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
I think there is a slight disconnect - even wtih $9k down I think your payments will be more than $300-$400 per month. Just to be safe, use one of the online calculators to be sure using a high and low interest rate.

Also, if you are at 1100 for your order status, I think the dealer is not telling you everything. You should ask them when they have an available allocation to place your order - as currently your order is in the system but will not be accepted until they get an open allocation. Many people have been waiting 6+ months for that to happen.

As for you being approved - you will never know until you actually apply. Be weary of dealers who will tell you that they will get you approved just based on your credit score - 2 years ago that was a fairly accurate way to determine if you would get financing but this is no longer the case. They will want to see your income, income source, debt ratio among other things.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
Shooter.Jsmith

Drives: Currently 2005 Chevy Cobalt...
Just a couple questions about my order...

Hey all. I have recently placed my order for my 2010 2LT/RS and after reading the other posts I had a few questions...

1. If the same time I placed the order I was given my Order code does that mean that the dealer had an allocation for the order I placed?

2. What is the average wait time before you go from Production code 1100 to 2000?

3. I know that right at the begining of production that the waiting process was very lengthy as I saw that people who placed their orders in October of 08 are not receving their Camaros until June of 09. Since then I have heard that they have enhanced and production. My dealer told me that he could not really say what time it would be in, However I have heard from a lot of people that if you placed the order more recently that you can expect the wait time to be considerably less (approx. 8-12 weeks). Is this information speculation or correct?

Thanks to all who reply. I appriciate the feedback greatly.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #7
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter.Jsmith View Post
Hey all. I have recently placed my order for my 2010 2LT/RS and after reading the other posts I had a few questions...

1. If the same time I placed the order I was given my Order code does that mean that the dealer had an allocation for the order I placed?

2. What is the average wait time before you go from Production code 1100 to 2000?

3. I know that right at the begining of production that the waiting process was very lengthy as I saw that people who placed their orders in October of 08 are not receving their Camaros until June of 09. Since then I have heard that they have enhanced and production. My dealer told me that he could not really say what time it would be in, However I have heard from a lot of people that if you placed the order more recently that you can expect the wait time to be considerably less (approx. 8-12 weeks). Is this information speculation or correct?

Thanks to all who reply. I appriciate the feedback greatly.
1) NO...the dealer does not need allocation for your order to place your order

2) It all depends if they have allocation for your order

3) If the dealer doesn't have allocation for your order, you could stay at 1100 for months. If the dealer has allocation for your order, you will move up from 1100 in a week or less. I went from 1100 to 2000 in 3 days, but my dealer had allocation for my order. Again if your dealer has immediate allocation for your order, you should see your car in 8-10 weeks. Search "allocation" using the search function....you will have hours of reading on how allocation works. (or doesn't work)
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #8
Shooter.Jsmith

Ok thanks 67, So the question then becomes how do i find out if my dealer had allocation for my order? is it a matter of simply calling them and asking if at the time my order was placed if they had allocation or not?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #9
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Ok thanks 67, So the question then becomes how do i find out if my dealer had allocation for my order? is it a matter of simply calling them and asking if at the time my order was placed if they had allocation or not?

Yes, you should talk to either the sales manager or inventory manager and ask them if they have immediate allocation for your order. If no, ask them when that will be. Of couse they could BS you and tell you theres an allocation for your order when there isn't. If you haven't moved from 1100 within a week or less, they don't have an allocation and are BS ing you.
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #10
SRVFAN
Too Much FUN!!

Drives: RUBY!! 2010 2SS/RS RJT Camaro
Quote:

Yes. Ask how many allocations this month they have & how many orders are ahead of you. If they have say... 10 allocations for this month & there are 12 orders ahead of you... you'll be in the next months allocations.

Good luck.
2500 (order preferenced):
3000 (accepted to production): 7/30/09 - TPW 8/17/09
3300 (scheduled for prod) 8/5/09 THANKS Viz!!
3400 (broadcast): 8/15/09
3800 (produced):8/22/09 - #39,334
4000/4B00 (available to ship/bayed):
4200 (shipped): 8/24/09
4300 (intermediate, may be multiple):
5000 (at dealer):09/03/09
6000 (delivered to customer): 9/3/09
SRVFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #11
smoothoperator

Drives: Future 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to smoothoperator
I thought I was getting mine until I just got laid off.... Just got my TPW of 8/31 too.... My car would have been waiting to be picked up in a few weeks.

Good luck... like you said don't believe it until its in your hands anything can happen
3100 -
3300 -
3400 -
3800 -
4200 -
5000/6000 -
smoothoperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #12
Shooter.Jsmith

Thanks again 67. Yeah I just ordered it on Monday, but after reading some other posts it made some questions arise. I just emailed the guy who drafted up the paperwork for the prelim. order with me. I will see if he responds or not. If I have not gotten a response by lunch time tomorrow though I'll definately try to call up there. Thanks again.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
Hey guys....I have some questions maybe some of you Camaro owners can answer for me. Alright,...last month I placed an order for a 2010 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic on July 12th. The dealer told me I had to put $1,000 down on the car to have it ordered, then in 3 months(November) it should arrive and they will call me to come pick it up and finish the paperwork. I got my order number, reference number, copy of the check, total on the car at purchase, and all that good stuff. But my question is, would the dealership accept an order and a deposit for this car if they aren't willing to finance me? My salesman told me that, "you have nothing to worry about, I'm getting you financed, I cant order the car unless i knew i had a financier for you when the car gets here;your str8. But in-case you change your mind about this car before November, the money is non-refundable cause we have to have this built to your specification."

Ah, that was a comforting statement, but I was wondering from you guys if you think there was any truth to it. I mean, the dealership ran my credit and told me I had great credit...I'm putting 9 thousand down on the car excluding tax, title,and license. My note is going to be affordable for me; 300-400 a month range. I dunno about insurance. I'm 23. It's no luxury coupe,....i was trying to get an infiniti and the insurance on that was 330 a month understate farm, and 800 and up from other popular places. Im not worried about insurance, any price is worth having this thing! Besides that, I'm just wondering if it's safe for me to say it's a sure deal Im getting this car.

I have a order number and a reference number and I'm at "1100" status. Should I lose my paranoia until November? My mentality is "you don't have it until you have it".
I think you shouldn't worry too much about it. my dealer did not run my credit until the day the car came in. i put down $9K and my credit score was 828. the only thing that hurt me was that my name showed up on our mortgage and i've never purchased a car under my name before. my payments are in the $400 range. I think you should be good to go
Old 08-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
Phoenix328

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IBM
Quote:

get your own financing from a bank preapproved.
1. you will get a better interest rate
2. the dealer wont make any money off of your financing (why should they get more of your hard earned money?)
3. peice of mind to have that part done just go in with a check and tell them gimme my car!
Phoenix328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #15
Ammo7
I GOT HER

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs RJT
Smile

Quote:

wow thanks for asking i was wondering the same thing. I think the dealer will do what they can to make the sale any way they can. my credit is not so good but i am still thinking it will not be a proplem. but still is a concern of mine as well.
2000, Order accepted by GM0-8/11/09
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/12/2009 TPW 09/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 08/25/09
3800, Order produced 09/12/09 2G1FK1EJ6A9145958
4200, shipped 09/14/09
5000 vehicle at dealer 09/28/09
6000 vehicle delivered to customer 09/28/09
Ammo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #16
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Hi guys, I'm back again! Well I took some of your advice by calling the dealership and started demanding some answers as to whats going on with my order. I called the dealership I ordered with today, I asked to speak with the "sales-manager", once I got him on the phone I was explaining to him what was going on with my order but he cut me off and immediately transferred me to the "inventory manager".

Once I got the inventory manager on the phone I asked him "Sir, I'm so and so, I ordered a 2010 Camaro 1SS, now what I need to know is when exactly will my order move from the 1100 status to 2000 and onward. Give me a date, screw the time, just tell me WHEN to expect this car". He then explained to me the build process and the event status codes and how many my car's production will go through, he told me I'm only going through 5 status codes. I didn't care what they were, but I then asked him "how many spots was the dealership allocated for each camaro order month to month and WHEN was my order for my car going to be accepted by GM".

He then got all of my information,(name, order number) and looked it up and stated he just had ME on his screen because I got a Chevy Customer Service Representative to call about my car, so he pulled it up again and told me I'm at 1100, my preliminary order was accepted by the dealership, but he's waiting on Chevy to accept the car for production. He then looked further, and told me the exact date that my car will move to 2000 status(accepted by GM), he said based upon the number they're allocated and my order in line, my car will be accepted by GM on "Sept 22,2009". And went on further to state "it really doesn't take these guys long to build this car, at all." And that once my order is accepted by GM, the car's production date and delivery is set for the first week of November. (The same thing my salesmen told me.......)

I then got happy as hell, but my skepticism forced me to ask him how does he know this and how can I trust this "mere assertion". He then told me "Well man, I've got all the information right here, I'm sorry your salesman didn't feel like pulling it up or telling you about tracking but all the info is here. I have when GM will accept your order, and when your order will be produced and about what time you will be picking it up, and that's like I said the first week of November. These guys have a business to maintain, and they're pretty prompt, I have a good amount of faith that car will be here for the date they set here."

I then told the inventory manager, .......I loved him. Well, that's it guys! I won't even bother to check the status of my car any more, it's pointless, it will only add more anticipation. I'm either getting it or I'm not, hoping and hoping is not going to change the situation one way or another. So I'm just going to wait until November. All my money is going to be set and straight by then, so when I get my car, I promise, I will spam this site with all of the pictures.

I suggest some of you guys with heavy paranoia like me about when your going to get your car, CALL YOUR DEALERSHIP, and request to speak to the inventory manager, just like I did. Sales manager must not really know nothing. But there you have it. I also called back to speak to the inventory manager again......and upon his pickup, told him I loved him and hung up.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
Old 08-21-2009, 06:25 AM   #17
Shooter.Jsmith

Ok all,
I talked to the sales person who I placed my order with last night. This is what he said..."Josh: We do have allocation for 2 Camaros for the October-November production period. That does mean that we will 2 at the same time that does not mean that we can’t get 4. There is just no way to forecast what can happen in an assembly plant. Normal lead time has been running 8 to 12 weeks. On the other hand sold orders do take precedence over orders for dealer stock. As time goes on I’ll keep you up to date on the progress of your car."...So does this mean that my car should be in production phase in Oct/Nov? Or that he will not have allocation for my order until Oct/Nov? I'm not sure exactly how to interpret it? Anyone have any thoughts?...