Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:04 AM   #1
onechuck
Onechuck

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2SS\RS SC & Cammed
Acid Rain...... Help

Just pisked up my IBM 2SS M6. The dealer called and said your car just came in. I said I want to be the first one to clean it and they said OK. Get it all done and pull it in my shop and am wiping it off and it has water spots all over the whole top half that will not come off. It looks alot like acid rain. Nothing on the sides just the top half. I have tryed everything in my detailing arcinal just short of a buffer and nothing will touch it. I would like to try anything you guys have tried without having to buff the car for now. I am trying to not get any swirls on it. Any help would be appreciated.
onechuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
That can also be from hard water..........Do you have well or city water??????? Minerals are more likely the culprite, filter your water with this:
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...rrivals&page=1

Another member had Bird Crap etched into his paint, I used this on his car, and now it is gone:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-97-ad...ar-polish.aspx

If you have a buffer, orbital even, would be a lot easier.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:57 AM   #3
my2010camaross
ss

Drives: all black ss
i dont know what you have. but i washed my car the first time and really did not like how it looked. so i went for the zaino and received it today. did the whole process and I could not ask for any better. I spent 200 bucks, alot of money. However, that'll last a long time.
there are some directions on this site. however I alterted them, by basically just adding a few things in between. turned out pretty damn good.
my2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:08 AM   #4
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
What is in your 'arsinal'

I have a black car and I've had the spots you describe and got it off with the two stage Turtle Wax Black. The first stage took the spots off.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:32 AM   #5
camaro_eddie
Boomer Sooner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
what have you guys done to get the hard water spots off the windows
camaro_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #6
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
Vinegar will work to dissolve the mineral deposits. Just wash with soap and water immediately, and rinse.
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:46 AM   #7
onechuck
Onechuck

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2SS\RS SC & Cammed
I picked this thing up at the dealership like this so I am assuming this is Canadian acid rain.
onechuck is offline   Reply With Quote