Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-02-2014, 05:33 AM   #1
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
GM Reveals 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Commemorative Edition

2015 Camaro Commemorative Edition Debuts at SEMA
Special edition celebrates culmination of segment-leading fifth-generation Camaro
General Motors

November 2, 2014

LAS VEGAS – Chevrolet revealed the 2015 Camaro Commemorative Edition at the SEMA Show today. The special edition celebrates the success of the fifth-generation Camaro – which is on track to be America’s best-selling performance car for five consecutive years – and marks the final year for the fifth generation. The special edition goes on sale this spring.

More than 400,000 fifth-generation Camaros have been sold since April 2009. Since then, Camaro has been America’s best-selling performance car for four consecutive years. Camaro sales for the first 10 months of 2014 are up 8 percent over the same period a year ago, and Camaro currently leads Mustang by 10,000 sales – putting Camaro on track to be America’s favorite performance car for a fifth consecutive year.

“The fifth-generation Camaro was a success from the moment it was introduced, in attracting both long-time Camaro fans and new buyers who have never owned a Chevrolet,” said Todd Christensen, Camaro Marketing Manager. “We wanted to create a special edition Camaro that celebrates that success as the fifth generation comes to a close as the end of the model year.”

The 2015 Camaro Commemorative Special Edition is available on 2LT and 2SS coupes and convertibles and includes the RS package.

The exterior features of the Commemorative Edition include unique 20-inch wheels; exclusive stripe; body-color front splitter; ZL1 rear spoiler; and Commemorative Edition fender emblems.

Five exterior color combinations are available: Black with Cyber Gray stripe, Silver Ice Metallic with Cyber Gray stripe, Summit White with silver stripe, Ashen Gray Metallic with silver stripe and Red Hot with black stripe. SS models receive a body-color hood insert.

The new Adrenaline Red interior, only offered on the Commemorative Edition, features adrenaline red and black leather seating surfaces, adrenaline red instrument panel insert and red stitching on the seats, steering wheel, shift knob, shift boot, door trim armrest and center console lid. Additional details exclusive to the Commemorative Edition include a leather-wrapped, flat-bottom steering wheel and Commemorative Edition sill plates.

Fifth-generation Camaro special editions

The Commemorative Edition builds on the fifth-generation Camaro’s legacy of uniquely equipped, limited-run models with custom-inspired exterior and interior appointments. Previous special editions included:
  • Camaro Transformers (2010 and 2012)
  • Camaro Indy Pace Car (2010 and 2011)
  • Camaro Synergy Series (2011)
  • Camaro Neiman Marcus Edition (2011)
  • Camaro Synergy Series (2012)
  • Camaro 45th Anniversary (2012)
  • Camaro Dusk (2013)
  • Camaro Hot Wheels Edition (2013).

Since its introduction, the Camaro line has expanded to nine distinct models:
  • The 323-horsepower V-6-powered LS coupe and LT coupe and convertible – including the 2LS with an EPA-rated 30 mpg on the highway – which match performance with efficiency.
  • The SS coupe and convertible come with Chevy’s legendary small-block V-8, featuring a 6.2L engine delivering up to 426 horsepower and 0-60 acceleration 4.7 seconds.
  • The road-racing-inspired Camaro 1LE performance package for SS coupe (manual transmission only), with unique gearing, suspension tuning and tires that make it capable of more than 1 g of lateral acceleration.
  • The Camaro ZL1 (coupe and convertible), which is at home on the race track, the drag strip or daily commuting. It features a supercharged 6.2L V-8 with 580 horsepower and 556 lb-ft of torque – making the ZL1 the most powerful Camaro ever from Chevrolet. It is also the most technologically advanced, with standard Magnetic Ride Control and, on coupe models, Performance Traction Management.
  • The Camaro Z/28 – the most track-capable Camaro ever. It features exterior elements designed like a race car to produce downforce that presses the car against the track for greater grip – up to 1.08 g in cornering acceleration – and faster lap times. Motor Trend named it their Best Driver’s Car for 2014.
  • Chevrolet has also offered the COPO Camaro since 2012, a hand-built race car designed exclusively for drag racing. It’s the first purpose-built Camaro race car from Chevy and the quickest Camaro ever from the factory. Only 69 were built in 2012, 2013 and 2014, with 69 planned for 2015.
Photography

Old 11-02-2014, 06:27 AM   #2
suzook

Drives: camaro
Inerior.......NICE! Exterior.........PUKE!
Old 11-02-2014, 07:21 AM   #3
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
So does it include the red stripe wheels in the second pic? Those ones look cool. The wheels on the red car do not...at all.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:48 AM   #4
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Silver in the coupe body style with the
2nd wheels and the standard red interior please.!

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #5
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Inerior.......NICE! Exterior.........PUKE!
Hit the nail on the head. Interior is awesome with the detail, Red dash insert, Red seating surfaces, ZL1 Steering wheel with an all new Camaro logo on it. The one thing I love about the exterior though is the new flags w/ the old school red, white, and blue logo's. My bet is that will become a popular appearance mod for other Camaro's.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #6
Got Convertible

Drives: 14 RedLRockMetallic ConvertV6 2ltRS
Hell Yes !
"Chevy has sold more than 400,000 Camaros over the course of its fifth generation, which went on sale in 2009 as a 2010 model. The car holds the title as America's top-selling performance car for four years in a row and is on track to make it five."
Got Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #7
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Oh Cool! More shiny badges! it will only cost a couple thousand dollars more........

PS: I have fallen for one of those "Special" edition packages before......but only once......
It doesn't make a car worth more down the road when it comes to resale, don't ask me how I know this.....just sayin....
Old 11-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #8
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
What happened to the green?:(
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #9
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
Oh Cool! More shiny badges! it will only cost a couple thousand dollars more........

PS: I have fallen for one of those "Special" edition packages before......but only once......
It doesn't make a car worth more down the road when it comes to resale, don't ask me how I know this.....just sayin....

It will 60 years from now.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #10
jergarr

Drives: 11' RJT 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
What happened to the green?:(
That is only on the Spring edition.
Stainless Power Headers w/cats
Fluidampr 25% UDP
Cold Air Inductions Intake
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
ADM Trans Cooler
Some BMR Goodies
jergarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #11
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I really thought they would do a SS 427 for the last year; but oh well. I'm glad they brought back the Camaro emblem in a modern version. I like it. I would expect to see something similar for the 6th gen.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #12
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
I'm glad they brought back the Camaro emblem in a modern version. I like it. I would expect to see something similar for the 6th gen.
Those are Hot Wheels edition wheels on the 'vert and that is a good look. Agreed on that emblem. Glad they brought back & modernized the Camaro emblem. I am holding out to see the 6th Gen's for an upgrade.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #13
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Wasn't the Spring Edition a "special" edition too?

This looks great, but sorry to see the end of the 5th Gen our friends at Oshawa did a great job.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #14
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Red interior is nice but another example of something that shouldn't be attached to an overpriced special edition.