Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
Monetcat
 
Monetcat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro VR 2SS/RS 6 Man
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 119
Question Never thought it would be this hard......

Greetings,

It is getting close to time to order my Camaro. I thought it would be a simple walk in and order type deal, but I have run into a problem. COLOR. GM has done a great job offering a pallet of colors, too good of a job! Help me out and give me your imput. I like all the following color combos. I will be keeping this car for many years, so I will be living with the color for a while. I love the IOM interior, but wonder if it will age well? Anywho, here are the color combos I am considering. Please give me input. (2SS/RS 6 Speed)

1. CGM W/ IOM Interior
2. VR W/ Black Interior
3. IOM W/ IOM Interior
4. IOM W/ Black Interior

HELP!
Monetcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
CamaroFemme

 
CamaroFemme's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,879
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9082

The above has a running poll of what percentage have ordered what color.

Personally, I'd go w/ Victory Red w/ black interior.
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
Paperer
Ragin' Cajun
 
Paperer's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 Camaro SS - '10 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas/Oklahoma
Posts: 1,166
Since I got CGM, I have to endorse it!
__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/paper2302/Siggy.jpg
Paperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:00 AM   #4
IROCanSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 89 IROC 350
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Back roads, southern Ohio
Posts: 12,504
I am sorry but I am not impressed with CGM. It was our first choice until we actually saw it in person on a Camaro. VR is VERY nice on this car but once we saw one in person, the SIM was untouchable! We ordered SIM with black h/h stripes and after getting everything done (stripes and tint) the car looks amazing.



On the IOM exterior, watch out, it may be an "oh my gosh I have an orange car" in a few years like i was when I bought my yellow C5. loved it at first, hated about a year later.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail
 
VenomZ302's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,824
I think the best question to ask may be this. What color do you think of when you "dream" about the car?

Once you know the exterior color, you can then figure out what you want for the interior.
__________________

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!


2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
Monetcat
 
Monetcat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro VR 2SS/RS 6 Man
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I am sorry but I am not impressed with CGM. It was our first choice until we actually saw it in person on a Camaro. VR is VERY nice on this car but once we saw one in person, the SIM was untouchable! We ordered SIM with black h/h stripes and after getting everything done (stripes and tint) the car looks amazing.



On the IOM exterior, watch out, it may be an "oh my gosh I have an orange car" in a few years like i was when I bought my yellow C5. loved it at first, hated about a year later.
That is one of my concerns. I pass alot of teal and purple cars on the road and wonder if they were excited about the color when they first got it. I have seem the IOM in person and I liked it, But I guess I have to decide if I would keep liking it for years to come.
Monetcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #7
Windy City

 
Windy City's Avatar
 
Drives: Not enough room here!
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9082

The above has a running poll of what percentage have ordered what color.

Personally, I'd go w/ Victory Red w/ black interior.
Hooray for resale red!
Windy City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #8
RedRaider
 
RedRaider's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Tahoe LT, 2010 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monetcat View Post
Greetings,

It is getting close to time to order my Camaro. I thought it would be a simple walk in and order type deal, but I have run into a problem. COLOR. GM has done a great job offering a pallet of colors, too good of a job! Help me out and give me your imput. I like all the following color combos. I will be keeping this car for many years, so I will be living with the color for a while. I love the IOM interior, but wonder if it will age well? Anywho, here are the color combos I am considering. Please give me input. (2SS/RS 6 Speed)

1. CGM W/ IOM Interior
2. VR W/ Black Interior
3. IOM W/ IOM Interior
4. IOM W/ Black Interior

HELP!
In a few days, you'll be teaching a class on how to make your Camaro color decision even harder. Lesson 1: Ask the forum members.
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
Monetcat
 
Monetcat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro VR 2SS/RS 6 Man
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
In a few days, you'll be teaching a class on how to make your Camaro color decision even harder. Lesson 1: Ask the forum members.
That's Funny!
Monetcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
Moorepheus

 
Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 1,307
Well, I still have a few months before I go in and order and I am sure I will change my mide 100+ times again. I am getting IOM w/ CGM Rally Stripe. I was going to get the Flat Black Rally Stripe, but I think the CGM Rally Stripe package will look better with the Midnight Silver Rims with the RS package, also, I think I am going to get the GFX and not have them painted, again, closely matching the color of the CGM Stripe
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #11
ljustin293


 
ljustin293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 15,061
VR and black..will always look good!!!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
G.E.
 
G.E.'s Avatar
 
Drives: black on black twenty ten ss/rs
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 428
2 or 4...
3 is too much orange..
1, i'm not a fan of orange and grey together...
G.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #13
SDCMRO1
 
Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 56
Thumbs up Color

Since I ordered at CGM...I would have to go with a CGM!
SDCMRO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #14
gold5000000
 
gold5000000's Avatar
 
Drives: n/a
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ridgefield, CT
Posts: 520
Victory Red with the Black!!!!! is there any other option??!?!!?
gold5000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I thought no politics on the forum meant NO POLITICS ON THE FORUM! Emher Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 21 08-13-2009 09:27 AM
Just a thought. v6sonoma Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission 2 08-07-2009 12:32 PM
Anyone thought of this for car security? Yellojacket 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 22 08-07-2009 06:33 AM
Thought you all would get a kick outta this! hftech 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 33 08-07-2009 01:37 AM
It's been hard, but it will be fun!!!! JewelZ 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 5 06-13-2009 08:17 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.