Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
jhmurphy
 
jhmurphy's Avatar
 
Drives: Grey Beast
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 592
Slow L99 list (Adding VINs to list)

Lets start a list of how many people feel they have a slow L99. post up and I will keep adding them to the list.


2. Slvr1SSA6 13000
4. rpepka 5126
7. mc0420 4845
8. Crusher2SS

Last edited by jhmurphy; 08-25-2009 at 05:02 AM.
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,311
Folks I am not a mod... but be carefull with this list. No street racing stories or non-controlled environment 0-60 times... Im just sayin This could be a very helpfull list... we dont want it getting deleted!
ShnOmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
jhmurphy
 
jhmurphy's Avatar
 
Drives: Grey Beast
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
Folks I am not a mod... but be carefull with this list. No street racing stories or non-controlled environment 0-60 times... Im just sayin This could be a very helpfull list... we dont want it getting deleted!
All I am looking for is an honest count of how many people really have slow cars.
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,861
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
you can add PQ to that list
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
jhmurphy
 
jhmurphy's Avatar
 
Drives: Grey Beast
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
you can add PQ to that list
Added
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
Slvr1SSA6
 
Slvr1SSA6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS A6---1968 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 102
Mine as well
__________________
2010 Camaro SS A6
http://www.indycamaro.com
1968 Camaro SS 396
512 CI BBC producing 653 RWHP @ 6400 RPM
Slvr1SSA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:42 PM   #7
jhmurphy
 
jhmurphy's Avatar
 
Drives: Grey Beast
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr1SSA6 View Post
Mine as well
Added
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,726
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmurphy View Post
All I am looking for is an honest count of how many people really have slow cars.
Or had slow cars. Might as well add Scotts if you are wanting to see how many were slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
you can add PQ to that list
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #9
jhmurphy
 
jhmurphy's Avatar
 
Drives: Grey Beast
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Or had slow cars. Might as well add Scotts if you are wanting to see how many were slow.

Exactly I want all cars fixed, modded, or tuned that were slow to start with. That way we get a good idea of the numbers.
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #10
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,726
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Put rpepka down. He sold his slow one and bought another.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #11
jhmurphy
 
jhmurphy's Avatar
 
Drives: Grey Beast
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Put rpepka down. He sold his slow one and bought another.
Got him Thanks
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #12
Deeboe
Bowtie, FOR LIFE!!!!
 
Deeboe's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS SW/IOM Interrior
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Places me...
Posts: 512
me too!
__________________
2SS/RS Summit White M6
Current: 2011 SW 2SS/RS M6 Fast!!!
70 Chevelle SS (sold) Still kicking myself!
2010 CGM SS/RS A6 (RIP)
one pissed SS right there!!!!
Deeboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #13
jhmurphy
 
jhmurphy's Avatar
 
Drives: Grey Beast
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeboe View Post
me too!

got you Thanks
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
redjewel
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 257
Yep! Put me on the list.
__________________
2SS RJT A6 Sunroof Polished Wheels. Delivered 5-22-09 by Classic Chevrolet Sugarland
redjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #15
mc0420
MPS
 
mc0420's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Alice Texas
Posts: 48
Put me in as well...
mc0420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #16
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN
 
Jekyll-N-Hyde's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Between Weatherford and Azle TX hway730
Posts: 2,139
Would yall say these were first car problems? And By now cars being built and delivered are ok?

After reading about this if a guy were to have this problem meaning a slow car and he put the ARH 1 7/8 system on his car and had the car tuned would that fix the solution ? Or would he be better off trying to gm to fix it then put his longtubes and xpipe and etc on then having it tuned?

A friend of mines brother is having this problem and he just ordered the ARH system and was wondering this I told him I would ask.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:59 AM   #17
jhmurphy
 
jhmurphy's Avatar
 
Drives: Grey Beast
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjewel View Post
Yep! Put me on the list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc0420 View Post
Put me in as well...
Both have been added thank you.
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:10 AM   #18
jhmurphy
 
jhmurphy's Avatar
 
Drives: Grey Beast
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowYellow View Post
Would yall say these were first car problems? And By now cars being built and delivered are ok?

After reading about this if a guy were to have this problem meaning a slow car and he put the ARH 1 7/8 system on his car and had the car tuned would that fix the solution ? Or would he be better off trying to gm to fix it then put his longtubes and xpipe and etc on then having it tuned?

A friend of mines brother is having this problem and he just ordered the ARH system and was wondering this I told him I would ask.
I would think it is a first car issue for sure. As for the cars being delivered now it seems as though the issue is gone but I will let others who have newer cars answer that.

IMO if someone where to get there slow L99 tuned it would most likely solve their issue. The problem does not seem to be with the engine just some of the programming that controls the car. The bigger problem is if you tune it out goes the warranty on the drive train. So what I am looking for and I think other poeple are too is an acknowledgement from GM that this is an issue and that they are working on it. As of now all I have heard from them is my car is running within specs.
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:49 AM   #19
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN
 
Jekyll-N-Hyde's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Between Weatherford and Azle TX hway730
Posts: 2,139
Yeah I spoke with his brother yesterday and he said he has had his Car since first of May and didnt realize the problem until he drove a friends and then his and asked him WTH was going on ? Then I mentioned the L99 problems so he took it in last week and GM said its ok ( which it isnt ) now they are sending a tech out to look at it.

My car is on Order and its a L99 so im hoping everything is going to be ok with it.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:03 AM   #20
jhmurphy
 
jhmurphy's Avatar
 
Drives: Grey Beast
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowYellow View Post
Yeah I spoke with his brother yesterday and he said he has had his Car since first of May and didnt realize the problem until he drove a friends and then his and asked him WTH was going on ? Then I mentioned the L99 problems so he took it in last week and GM said its ok ( which it isnt ) now they are sending a tech out to look at it.

My car is on Order and its a L99 so im hoping everything is going to be ok with it.
That is very intersting it would be great if we could get an update from you after the tech checks out the car. Thanks for the info.
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:52 AM   #21
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,221
Can you guys please take the initiative and get your cars ECM reflashed? Making a list won't do shit. Fill your car with Sunoco Ultra and then take it to your dealer. It will take an hour and you'll be doing everyone a big service by reporting the results.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #22
jhmurphy
 
jhmurphy's Avatar
 
Drives: Grey Beast
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Can you guys please take the initiative and get your cars ECM reflashed? Making a list won't do shit. Fill your car with Sunoco Ultra and then take it to your dealer. It will take an hour and you'll be doing everyone a big service by reporting the results.
I already did take my car to a dealer got any updates available for my VIN (the updates are VIN specific according to the tech I spoke with) and then tried your suggestions on how to set the traction control and no diff. The list is to get an idea of how wide spread the issue is. I do agree the more people that go to the dealer with the issue the more exposure it will get.
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:15 AM   #23
Deeboe
Bowtie, FOR LIFE!!!!
 
Deeboe's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS SW/IOM Interrior
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Places me...
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmurphy View Post
Lets start a list of how many people feel they have a slow L99. post up and I will keep adding them to the list.

1. jhmurphy
2. Irpq11
3. Slvr1SSA6
4. Scott
5. rpepka
6.Deeboe
7. RedJewel
8.mc0420

thanks for adding me, what will be the intent? I hope GM will produce a flash update for all L99s, the weight is what right over 4k with sun roof right? kinda heavy but SSs should be quick. Hope this thread helps!
good luck to us all slow L99 owners!
__________________
2SS/RS Summit White M6
Current: 2011 SW 2SS/RS M6 Fast!!!
70 Chevelle SS (sold) Still kicking myself!
2010 CGM SS/RS A6 (RIP)
one pissed SS right there!!!!
Deeboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:18 AM   #24
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmurphy View Post
I already did take my car to a dealer got any updates available for my VIN (the updates are VIN specific according to the tech I spoke with) and then tried your suggestions on how to set the traction control and no diff. The list is to get an idea of how wide spread the issue is. I do agree the more people that go to the dealer with the issue the more exposure it will get.
Forget the updates, reflash the ECM. Updates are not going to fix anything. Imagine your ECM is a computers hard-drive - you need to get it reformated and then re-install windows.....
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #25
jhmurphy
 
jhmurphy's Avatar
 
Drives: Grey Beast
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Forget the updates, reflash the ECM. Updates are not going to fix anything. Imagine your ECM is a computers hard-drive - you need to get it reformated and then re-install windows.....

Got you that makes total sense I will talk the service manager at my dealer to get it set up and post back with results.
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
L99 owners with slow cars going to dealers for fix. Scott@Bjorn3D Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 131 12-21-2009 02:30 PM
Whats with the A6 L99 slow issues? Rocky918 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 37 08-10-2009 09:20 AM
Check your Order here bvonscott Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 665 06-29-2009 01:00 PM
L99 engine specifications Tran Wiki 0 10-19-2008 11:40 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.