Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
Rick@MidwayPerformance

Drives: 2010 & 2012 Camaro SS
Midway Chevrolet Performance Center - New Camaro5 Sponsor

Recently I was having a conversation with a local Camaro owner here at the dealership on the availability of performance parts and speed shops in the Phoenix metro area that specialized in the 5th Gen Camaros. He was under the impression that what we sold in our Performance Center was only for sale if we installed it and was limited to only the GM Performance Parts. Being a DIYer he had not even considered Midway Performance for his aftermarket parts needs.

After speaking to him, I brought up the subject up with some of the upper management here at Midway Chevrolet, that we don’t promote the Performance Center. We have been in business since 1966 and have had a Performance Center for a long time, when I inquired about how long, nobody knew for sure, even our 30+ year employees said, we’ve always had a Performance and Accessories Center. There are a lot of Camaro’s, Corvette’s, trucks and SUV’s that Midway Performance has built over the years running around the streets of Phoenix and its surrounding area. Yet very few people know about it. This is our first time on Camaro5, I am Rick Andrade, a long time Camaro owner, enthusiast and forum member. Matt Green and I currently run the Performance and Accessories Center. I have over 30 years and Matt has over 12 years of GM Performance experience. We wanted to introduce ourselves to the Camaro5 Forum and let you know if anyone is looking for something, give us a shot, we’re very competitive.

Not only do we carry a full line of GM Performance Parts but we carry many Brand name Aftermarket Performance parts as well. Here at Midway Chevrolet’s Performance Center we can build you the Camaro you have always wanted or we can sell you the parts for you to build it yourself. We offer Custom Tuning as well.

We carry a great deal of aftermarket manufactures here at Midway Performance Center and while I may not stock everything by these Manufactures I can certainly order it for you at very competitive prices. Being the Largest Chevrolet dealership on the West Coast we also offer nationwide shipping. So whether you’re here in Arizona or elsewhere in the great United States, we can get you the parts you want shipped directly to you.
Here is a list of the most popular Manufactures we are direct with:

Magnuson Superchargers
Whipple Superchargers
IPF superchargers
Dynatech Headers
Kooks Exhaust
Yank Converters
Baer Brakes
Hawk Performance
EBC brakes
SLP
Taylor Cable
Hurst
Magnaflow
Comp Cams
ADM Performance
Airaid
CAI intake systems
Roto-Fab
Hotchkis
Autometer
Elite Engineering
Mickey Thompson
RPM Rollcages
McLeod Clutches
Centerforce Clutches
ARP
Flex-A-Lite
Drake Muscle Cars
Edelbrock
Energy Suspension
TechAFX
FAST
Fluidampr
G-Force
Gibson Exhaust
Holley
Hughes Performance
IVS
Jesel
K&N
McGaughy's Suspension
MSD
RedLine Lubricants
Volant
Pyrotech
Snow Performance
T-Rex Grilles
Dynamat
Cascade Audio Electronics
MRT Exhaust
Vellano Wheels
TSW Wheels
Axiom Forged Wheels
Cor Forged Wheels
ADV 1 Wheels

We also carry our Midway Design products as well as many others not listed. So if you’re looking for something give us a call or shoot me a PM or E-Mail.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to call us at 602 387 7510 or 602 387 7572.

pm at Rick@MidwayPerformance
pm at Matt@MidwayPerformance

e-mail us at MidwayDesign@vtaig.com or Randrade@vtaig.com

Last edited by Rick@MidwayPerformance; 12-03-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Hi Rick!! So glad to see you're on here. I'll be getting in touch with you as soon as I get my bonus. I want to get the strut tower brace for my '10 and want to do some upgrades on my '01 Z28.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
muscle96ss

Drives: 02 SS 35th LE Vert, 2013 ZL-1 Vert
Rick, nice to see you here! Been trying to get a hold of you. Give me a call when you have a chance; still interested in the Billy Boat.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Hey Rick! Glad to see you guys are sponsors here. I'm definitely interested on getting together with on some ideas that I have for my car.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
Old 12-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
Rick@MidwayPerformance

Drives: 2010 & 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
Hey Rick! Glad to see you guys are sponsors here. I'm definitely interested on getting together with on some ideas that I have for my car.
Anytime your ready G, always here to help you out.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:40 AM   #6
Blackshirt56

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Hi Rick, What is the cost for tuning 2014 1LE with a Roto Fab CAI and Kooks 1 7/8th headers?
10% tints all around
Old 07-21-2015, 09:21 AM   #7
BeMe

Drives: '14 1LE
Buy an SCT x4 from Steve at RDP and he'll send you a custom tune for your mods. Then you'll also own the handheld if you get any more mods and need to re-tune (or return to stock)
Old 07-21-2015, 02:55 PM   #8
BigD6.6

Drives: 2015 Chevy 2500 LTZ, 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirt56 View Post
Hi Rick, What is the cost for tuning 2014 1LE with a Roto Fab CAI and Kooks 1 7/8th headers?
Ricks no longer with Midway and their Performance Center is pretty much just accessories now. They sublet there Performance work to J&R Performance now. The guy at Midway is clueless, he called over to J&R several times to answer my questions, I decided to go direct after that. I took my 1LE to them for a cam, supercharger and a few other things. Extremely happy with the results, they have a spotless shop, Kyle the lead tech and fabricator does really clean work and they do all there tuning in-house. My car drives like stock except with a lot more power. It took my wife a few weeks to realize I did more than just headers. First time she really got on it, I got a phone call, Oops I forget to tell you it has more power I told her, .
Old 07-21-2015, 04:17 PM   #9
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
I would goto to CPR or contact Nic D directly for a tune. He is by FAR the best LS tuner in the state (that you can get to do your car).
Old 07-21-2015, 05:05 PM   #10
BigD6.6

I got a quote from CPR and others before I did my work, slightly better price but after doing my research I felt like J&R does better quality work. I can honestly say they exceeded my expectations. Nic D is good, but I was looking for something better. I've had a nightmare car before and this time I spent a lot of time going to shops and talking to people with modded cars and finding out who was doing the best work. The worst I heard anywhere about J&R was they're more expensive. Everyone who has had work done there had great things to say about them. Loud Pedal was the only other shop that I didn't hear any negative feedback on and they are gone.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:15 PM   #11
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
CPR is the only shop (besides Top Gear) that I see cranking out cars that consistently perform. Go out to wild horse, go out to the 1/2 mile events, and it is dominated by CPR built cars. I haven't seen anyone else crank out 900+hp cars that are reliable time and time again.

From what I've seen and heard about J&R, you couldn't pay me to take my car there. So I guess it all depends on who you talk to.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:20 PM   #12
BigD6.6

The work they did for me is top notch, even got compliments at the dealer on how nice the install is when I took it in for warranty work. They sure do work on a lot of Camaros, I talked to at least 20 different Camaro owners before I chose, I have no regrets.
Closed Thread