Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 05-13-2016, 05:55 AM   #1
MYLSA

Drives: 2014 ZL1 6M
ZL1 moving to Scottsdale

I am moving out west and have my eye on Scottsdale. Have visited there and love the weather, etc...but I need some help guys. If I move there, can anyone help with the following:

1) Any Camaro clubs?
2) Best Chevy dealership to have maintenance done on my ZL1 (still under warranty)
3) Best place to get my car detailed when I first get there as I will be driving from Florida...I assume car will need it bad...
4) Best local events (cars & coffee, etc...)

Thank you and hope to be there soon!!!
MYLSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:28 AM   #2
AzShadow
Ed S.

Drives: 2015 1LS V6 6 speed manual
I live in NE Phoenix (bordering Scottsdale) but honestly I don't have any answers for you. The 'Valley of the Sun' is so spread out, that you can practically go in any direction and find everything you need. I don't necessarily go out of my way to shop Scottsdale (its a bit pricey compared to the rest of the valley). Plus, "the best" is somewhat subjective. What I think is great might not be what you think is great. Either way, I hope you find what you're looking for once you get to Arizona. And Welcome!

AzShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:16 PM   #3
MYLSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzShadow View Post
I live in NE Phoenix (bordering Scottsdale) but honestly I don't have any answers for you. The 'Valley of the Sun' is so spread out, that you can practically go in any direction and find everything you need. I don't necessarily go out of my way to shop Scottsdale (its a bit pricey compared to the rest of the valley). Plus, "the best" is somewhat subjective. What I think is great might not be what you think is great. Either way, I hope you find what you're looking for once you get to Arizona. And Welcome!
Thanks for responding and I understand what u said but maybe u could just give me your answer for each and that way I have at least somewhere to start...especially #5 as my car will be trashed from the drive :-). Thanks
Old 05-14-2016, 03:38 PM   #4
kdladymt

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS
I'm in North Scottsdale and I have to say there is no better place to live. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it here. Everything is clean and they really take care of the city, better then most. But, yes you do pay extra for that. I live in a community where I don't even put my top up anymore (if I don't want to) and I don't think I have locked my doors well ever. I take my car to Van Chevy and they are really good, great customer service. I am completely and totally careful with my Camaro - although not nearly as nice as yours! You will love it here. On Saturday nights you can always go to the Pavilions off Indian Bend and the 101 they have great cars there!!
kdladymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:52 PM   #5
MYLSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdladymt View Post
I'm in North Scottsdale and I have to say there is no better place to live. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it here. Everything is clean and they really take care of the city, better then most. But, yes you do pay extra for that. I live in a community where I don't even put my top up anymore (if I don't want to) and I don't think I have locked my doors well ever. I take my car to Van Chevy and they are really good, great customer service. I am completely and totally careful with my Camaro - although not nearly as nice as yours! You will love it here. On Saturday nights you can always go to the Pavilions off Indian Bend and the 101 they have great cars there!!
Thank you for your reply... I arrived today. 2,200 miles in the ZL1 and I have to tell you I feel in love with this car all over again Using Tour the car performed awesome in every way imagined... Chevy did a great job!!!

I plan to go to Van Chevy this week. I need some maintenance and I will give them a chance. Also I saw something about that Saturday night meet. I seriously need my car detailed but maybe next Saturday. Do you go and do other gen 5 Camaro's go? Look forward to meeting you and I had a SS before my ZL1 and loved it they are great cars!!!
Old 05-14-2016, 09:59 PM   #6
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
CPR in Mesa for all mods and maintenance. Wouldn't let a dealer touch it unless it was warranty work. There are sooo many detailers that it just depends on where you are. I got a great guy in Mesa but if you are North Scottsdale it wouldn't be worth the drive.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #7
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Welcome to the Valley of the Sun! Can't answer too many of your questions, but can echo that CPR in Mesa get's the highest compliments on the forum. I do most of my own maintenance and bolt on work, but wouldn't hesitate to use them. The Pavilions is a great place to gather on Saturday nights before it gets too hot. Sometimes there's hundreds of cars of all types, Classic, Muscle, Exotic, Modern Muscle, etc. It's just off the Indian Bend exit, just west of the 101.

Welcome!
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:18 PM   #8
kdladymt

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS
There are lots of Camaro's of all gen's. It is pretty cool to see all the different cars and what people have done to them, you won't be disappointed. I get my car detailed by a guy, he owns his own mobile company. I am super cautious and I HATE swirl marks. I don't let anyone touch it. I will PM you my info.
kdladymt is offline   Reply With Quote