Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

USA - Southwest AZ, HI, NM, NV, UT

Old 03-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #5026
REIGHARD55

Drives: 2010 LT2 rally yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sis View Post
Thanks everyone for a wonderful evening. Who knew there would be so much action in Green Valley on a Saturday night!

For those interested in the LED Tail lights, here's the link to Apex Motorsports: http://www.apex-speed.com/camaro-com...ear-lamps.html

I was on the waiting list for two months but they are well worth the wait.
Here's another link I found for the led lights http://www.classicindustries.com/camaro-gen5/parts/cl6700.html.$349.00 for the set.Limited quantities.

Had a good time seeing everybody last night.We need to do that at least once a month,especially when it gets warmer.
REIGHARD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #5027
REIGHARD55

Disregard last post.After I added them to my cart,they were out of stock and $399 also.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #5028
REIGHARD55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedveins View Post
That is true, Personally I would tint mine out before I got the concepts.

Also I mentioned the Iggee car seat covers.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-CAMARO...cb92ce&vxp=mtr
Second row included is around $420
Thanks for the link.These are not real leather though.They might be a better alternative than the ones I have now, though I am still worried that they will stain easy also.I think the biggest problem is the bright yellow.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #5029
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
My sister found the photos from the Laughlin run around 800 photos, after some sorting I have around 300 good shots!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #5030
afhunter

Drives: 2011 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
I am still waiting on my accent lights to come in. It seems like forever since i ordered them. I just ordered my red interior trim kit for the doors and dash i am excited to get them and get my interior perfect. Hey troy how hard was it to change out the trim on the steering wheel. I found a red trip i want to get and wanted to know how hard it is to change out.

Last edited by afhunter; 03-05-2012 at 08:51 AM.
afhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #5031
copper3000
(aka) Troy & Maria

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M CGM/Black Stripes w GE
Hey everyone, Maria and I had a great time hanging out and checking out all your awesome looking Camaros. Good times!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afhunter View Post
I am still waiting on my accent lights to come in. It seems like forever since i ordered them. I just ordered my red interior trim kit for the doors and dash i am excited to get them and get my interior perfect. Hey troy how hard was it to change out the trim on the steering wheel. I found a red trip i want to get and wanted to know how hard it is to change out.
The biggest thing is disconnect your battery before you remove the center horn portion. The air bag is in there and you don't want to have it deploy. When you get ready to do it let me know and I'll help you. Unplugging the airbag is hard to describe, it's easier to show you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedveins View Post
My sister found the photos from the Laughlin run around 800 photos, after some sorting I have around 300 good shots!
Woohoo! Can't wait to see them!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #5032
Big Sis

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE 6M Victory Red
I'm torn between doing the DM Air Show or the Motor Trend Auto Show in Albuquerque, NM on April 14th!

http://www.motortrendautoshows.com/autoshows.jsp

Update: Will be doing DM Air Show!

Last edited by Big Sis; 03-09-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Update status
Big Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #5033
Transformed
Roxy

Drives: 2012 Red Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by REIGHARD55 View Post
Thanks for the link.These are not real leather though.They might be a better alternative than the ones I have now, though I am still worried that they will stain easy also.I think the biggest problem is the bright yellow.
What do you have now? I have the Neoprene and am fanatic about keeping my car (and seat covers clean) but even so, am replacing my front seat covers this month. I just can't keep the yellow bright!
Transformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #5034
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
I'm torn between doing the DM Air Show or the Motor Trend Auto Show in Albuquerque, NM on April 14th!

http://www.motortrendautoshows.com/autoshows.jsp
If it's anything like the Motor Trend Auto Show they had in Phoenix a few months ago, you can see more by walking through the Auto Mall on a Sunday! It was nothing but a bunch of new car dealers with their inventory under one roof. There weren't even any concepts or limited editions on display. And other than a few exotics out in the hallway, there weren't any privately owned cars or customs. I thought it would be much more since it was right between the LA Auto Show and the Las Vegas Show.
The only enjoyable part of the day was driving up with my daughter and having lunch!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #5035
REIGHARD55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformed View Post
What do you have now? I have the Neoprene and am fanatic about keeping my car (and seat covers clean) but even so, am replacing my front seat covers this month. I just can't keep the yellow bright!
That's the problem I am having.I noticed the color from my jeans rubbing off on to the seats.I have the neoprene also.I have been putting down a towel to sit on.What are you using to clean them?
Old 03-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #5036
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

I am stuck on what to get right now, I am looking at the foot wells as I have stated previously but I am unsure about AAC. I was looking at an LEDglow product (http://www.ledunderbody.com/expandab...?variation=913). The one problem I am running into is installation, which is making me think I should stock pile the mods and get them all installed at the same time.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #5037
Transformed
Roxy

Drives: 2012 Red Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by REIGHARD55 View Post
That's the problem I am having.I noticed the color from my jeans rubbing off on to the seats.I have the neoprene also.I have been putting down a towel to sit on.What are you using to clean them?

I use Armor All OxiMagic Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner. It does a good job but I'm not sure if the seats are stained or worn. I just can't get them bright anymore. I even took one off and tried to have it dry cleaned (they won't do it) so then I washed it in the delicate cycle in the washing machine. It didn't help. I'm starting to think these seat covers only stay bright for a year or so. And I really hate to have to resort to not sitting on my seat covers......
Transformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #5038
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to Flynnaz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnaz Send a message via Skype™ to Flynnaz
Just a reminder:

Monthly Meeting:
7:00pm to 8:00pm the second Thursday of every month at Watson Chevrolet. Enter Watson's parking lot head toward the parts dept, follow the road around back to the SE of the dealership. Plenty of Parking, no fees or dues. This is a good way to talk and share information, and make plans.
Map Link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=...ed=0CEAQnwIwAQ

Anyone interested, Jason's Deli at 4545 N Oracle Rd #121 at 6:00pm for dinner.

I will get a final count on who is going to the DM Car Show too.

Mods so far: Ported Throttle Body/Airiad CAI/ Elite Oil Catch Can/Clutch reservoir separation Mod/Subthump/Foot well Lighting/RBG LED behind Grill/LED under Polished Strut Tower Brace/Vinyl Gill Blackouts/Skip Shift Eliminator/DYI Mild to Wild/AAC Plasma DRL's with Plug n Play harness/Blue LED Dome light, white LED trunk and Licence plate light/tinted windows/blacked out side markers and tail lights/Headlight Armor/Clear Bra/splash guards/Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts/Plastidipped Bow Ties and rear Tail Light Bezels/Emblem Pros Black Camaro letters/diodedynamics lighted cup holder (SS)
Flynnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #5039
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
Just a reminder:

Monthly Meeting:
7:00pm to 8:00pm the second Thursday of every month at Watson Chevrolet. Enter Watson's parking lot head toward the parts dept, follow the road around back to the SE of the dealership. Plenty of Parking, no fees or dues. This is a good way to talk and share information, and make plans.
Map Link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=...ed=0CEAQnwIwAQ

I will get a final count on who is going to the DM Car Show too.
I should be in for the Airshow, I doubt I can make this meeting.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #5040
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Send a message via MSN to Flynnaz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnaz Send a message via Skype™ to Flynnaz
If you can not come to the meeting, that's fine, I will double check by Friday.

Mods so far: Ported Throttle Body/Airiad CAI/ Elite Oil Catch Can/Clutch reservoir separation Mod/Subthump/Foot well Lighting/RBG LED behind Grill/LED under Polished Strut Tower Brace/Vinyl Gill Blackouts/Skip Shift Eliminator/DYI Mild to Wild/AAC Plasma DRL's with Plug n Play harness/Blue LED Dome light, white LED trunk and Licence plate light/tinted windows/blacked out side markers and tail lights/Headlight Armor/Clear Bra/splash guards/Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts/Plastidipped Bow Ties and rear Tail Light Bezels/Emblem Pros Black Camaro letters/diodedynamics lighted cup holder (SS)
Old 03-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #5041
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Here is a link to the website of Hotrods Old Vail, the Restaurant I was talking about in the last meeting:

10500 Old Vail Rd, Tucson, AZ 85747

http://www.hotrodsoldvail.com/index....=53&Itemid=112

Old 03-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #5042
afhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Below is the link to the DIY. While you have the door panels off, you may want to extend the door lights up to the dash. Simply remove some felt pads and a little paint once you remove the light tube. I did mine 3 months ago. Just be careful not to break the light tube. I'd be happy to help once you get the parts in. I have a set of the trim removal tools.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41132
i finally got my order yesterday.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #5043
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
Just a reminder:

Monthly Meeting:
7:00pm to 8:00pm the second Thursday of every month at Watson Chevrolet.

I may be running late, but I'll try to make it to Jason's. I was told the other day that if we talk to Jason's, they'll block off parking for us in front of the restaurant???

Quote:
i finally got my order yesterday.
Let me know if you'd like some help. It's a busy week for me, but should be able to knock it out in an afternoon.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Old 03-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #5044
afhunter

hey bodih what do you think of these door trim that i found online
http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1874
Old 03-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #5045
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
$450 for the doors and dash might be a good price. Have you search the forums for other sources and prices. There are several threads from others wanting to change the panels. I see on this site that they say these are not for use with ABL lighting. They may still work, but would have to remove the paint along the lighted edge, just like the OEM pieces. It would ceertainly look awesome with red panels and lights to match your stripes!

Old 03-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #5046
REIGHARD55

Quote:
http://www.shopchevyparts.com/camaro...page=2&sort=2a.

These are a little cheaper,but hey don't seem to have all the colors.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #5047
Big Sis

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE 6M Victory Red
Got two questions...

1.) What make oil filter do you use and do you need a crush washer? I have 9500 miles on my car and at 24% remaining oil life, I think its time for her first oil change.

2.) Does anyone have an extended warranty? If yes, with whom? We've researched GMPP, Costco, and CNA.
Big Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #5048
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
$450 for the doors and dash might be a good price. Have you search the forums for other sources and prices. There are several threads from others wanting to change the panels. I see on this site that they say these are not for use with ABL lighting. They may still work, but would have to remove the paint along the lighted edge, just like the OEM pieces. It would ceertainly look awesome with red panels and lights to match your stripes!
I know that they are working on a ABL version, and they have some info on here in the sponsors area.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #5049
REIGHARD55

Quote:
Got two questions...

1.) What make oil filter do you use and do you need a crush washer? I have 9500 miles on my car and at 24% remaining oil life, I think its time for her first oil change.

2.) Does anyone have an extended warranty? If yes, with whom? We've researched GMPP, Costco, and CNA.
I have a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty through Mercury Insurance Group.I went trough my Farmers agent.I either paid $1100. or $1300.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #5050
afhunter

i was trying to take the door panel off my car tonight and i couldn't figure out how to get to the bolt behind the door handle it was the only thing holding the panel on.