Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

USA - Southwest AZ, HI, NM, NV, UT

Old 07-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #8601
mrmertz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Okay all...

Throwing in a K&N Series 63 CAI this week. At the shows I have been to with the club everyone BUT me seems to have one.

According to the instructions, it does not mention about having the car tuned for the additional massive airflow intake. I would think this would be standard procedure, no?

If "yes" is the answer, who is the best in town for handling this sort of thing? If there is somebody outstanding instead in the PHX area, I'm willing to travel if that's what it takes. Thanks in advance, guys and gals!
mrmertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #8602
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to Flynnaz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnaz Send a message via Skype™ to Flynnaz
A CAI does not need a tune, it is a easy install. If you need help let me know, but I think the K&N is similar to my Airaid CAI, it should take about an hour. If I can do it you can too

Install video:

http://youtu.be/qY5gAT-Nj38

Mods so far: Ported Throttle Body/Airiad CAI/ Elite Oil Catch Can/Clutch reservoir separation Mod/Subthump/Foot well Lighting/RBG LED behind Grill/LED under Polished Strut Tower Brace/Vinyl Gill Blackouts/Skip Shift Eliminator/DYI Mild to Wild/AAC Plasma DRL's with Plug n Play harness/Blue LED Dome light, white LED trunk and Licence plate light/tinted windows/blacked out side markers and tail lights/Headlight Armor/Clear Bra/splash guards/Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts/Plastidipped Bow Ties and rear Tail Light Bezels/Emblem Pros Black Camaro letters/diodedynamics lighted cup holder (SS)
Flynnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #8603
mrmertz

Thanks Mr. Sean!

The instructions seem pretty straight forward. Thanks for the offer of help, the encouragement and the video! Great help. Wondering with the 2013 if I'll need my code for the info system as the instructions have me disconnecting the negative battery terminal before install, which they (K&N) claim will wipe it all out.

Thanks again!
PS - I have pics of your car at Watson. Remind me to show you when we meet again.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #8604
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Send a message via MSN to Flynnaz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnaz Send a message via Skype™ to Flynnaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
Thanks Mr. Sean!

The instructions seem pretty straight forward. Thanks for the offer of help, the encouragement and the video! Great help. Wondering with the 2013 if I'll need my code for the info system as the instructions have me disconnecting the negative battery terminal before install, which they (K&N) claim will wipe it all out.

Thanks again!
PS - I have pics of your car at Watson. Remind me to show you when we meet again.
Not sure on the code, I debt it, I think it probably has it's own small battery like a computer. I have had no issues. When pulling the stock CAI make sure to pull strait up, the bottom has a plastic piece that plugs into the frame, just give it a firm yank. Call me if you need too.

Mods so far: Ported Throttle Body/Airiad CAI/ Elite Oil Catch Can/Clutch reservoir separation Mod/Subthump/Foot well Lighting/RBG LED behind Grill/LED under Polished Strut Tower Brace/Vinyl Gill Blackouts/Skip Shift Eliminator/DYI Mild to Wild/AAC Plasma DRL's with Plug n Play harness/Blue LED Dome light, white LED trunk and Licence plate light/tinted windows/blacked out side markers and tail lights/Headlight Armor/Clear Bra/splash guards/Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts/Plastidipped Bow Ties and rear Tail Light Bezels/Emblem Pros Black Camaro letters/diodedynamics lighted cup holder (SS)
Old 07-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #8605
mrmertz

Thanks buddy!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #8606
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

I just put Headlight Armor on my Headlights, I wonder if GM will replace them??? It's a shame they have to take off the Fascia for this, it only has 200 miles on it :( Maybe I can sneak in a Heritage Grill install

Old 07-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #8607
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
First mod I did was the LED bulbs in the DRLs. The late 2012s and the 2013s use a different connector on the wiring harness than the earlier ones. The correct LED bulb for the 2013 DRLs (fog lamps) is PSX26W. The only place I was able to find them was through Ofer for $72 a set. All the other sites list the P13W for the 2013 but the bulb base will not snap into the new style harness connector.
Which set did you order? 5000K or 6000K?

Old 07-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #8608
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Tucson Camaro Club July Meeting

Time for another gathering, and time to show off some folk's new cars! This month's meeting will be 11 July on the East side, at Rancho Rustica, 8270 S Houghton Rd, Southwest corner of Houghton and Rita Rd. Dinner at 6PM, car talk at 7. Please PM or email me if you plan to attend.

We have a few events planned in the next month; a mystery meal cruise or two, a couple trips up Mt Lemmon (including the Big One with AZ All Gen folks on 10 Aug!).

Sonoran Muscle Cars is hosting a car show at the TCC parking lot on the 4th, 6 - 9 PM. Free registration starts at 4PM, but space is limited.

Hope to see you at the meeting!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #8609
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Time for another gathering, and time to show off some folk's new cars! This month's meeting will be 11 July on the East side, at Rancho Rustica, 8270 S Houghton Rd, Southwest corner of Houghton and Rita Rd. Dinner at 6PM, car talk at 7. Please PM or email me if you plan to attend.

We have a few events planned in the next month; a mystery meal cruise or two, a couple trips up Mt Lemmon (including the Big One with AZ All Gen folks on 10 Aug!).

Sonoran Muscle Cars is hosting a car show at the TCC parking lot on the 4th, 6 - 9 PM. Free registration starts at 4PM, but space is limited.

Hope to see you at the meeting!
Here is alittle more information from Gilbert with Sonoran Muscle Cars and their July 4th event:

"Hello Everyone!

The tragic loss of 19 firefighters have touched all of us. I would like to announce that there will be a tribute to our fallen heroes. Old Pueblo Vintage Fire Brigade has graciously accepted my invitation to bring a couple of their vintage fire trucks to the show. I will read the names of the fallen firefighters. With each name, the bell will ring in their honor. Please come out and show your support and pay tribute to Arizona's Bravest."

Old 07-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #8610
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
Which set did you order? 5000K or 6000K?
I got the 6000 11 watt bulbs.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #8611
mrmertz

Quote:
Deb and I will be in Prescott so can't make it. The July 4th event is out as well at TCC since I just sealed a portion of our driveway so the ZL is trapped inside until Friday. Ugh.

Count us in for everything else though, especially the Mystery cruises and the Mount Lemmon runs!

Have a fun 4th all and be safe.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #8612
REIGHARD55

Drives: 2010 LT2 rally yellow
Quote:
Here is alittle more information from Gilbert with Sonoran Muscle Cars and their July 4th event:

"Hello Everyone!

The tragic loss of 19 firefighters have touched all of us. I would like to announce that there will be a tribute to our fallen heroes. Old Pueblo Vintage Fire Brigade has graciously accepted my invitation to bring a couple of their vintage fire trucks to the show. I will read the names of the fallen firefighters. With each name, the bell will ring in their honor. Please come out and show your support and pay tribute to Arizona's Bravest."
Anybody planning to attend?
REIGHARD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #8613
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by REIGHARD55 View Post
Anybody planning to attend?
I can't make it. We have the whole famn damily together every year on the 4th.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Old 07-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #8614
40years

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 1SS/RS IBM
We won't make it. Flying to Baltimore at zero, zero dark thirty Friday morning. See you all when we get back on the 12th. Have a great 4th!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #8615
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Any chance we could organize something with firehouse subs again after the incident involving the 19 firemen?
Old 07-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #8616
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Quote:
I noticed today, the drivers side Headlight inside HD Lens has two big greasy finger print smudges. The Passenger Side Headlight inside HD Lens has an object stuck to it. I know these are sealed Headlights, so it must of came off the line like this. I attached a picture of the passenger side showing the object. It is really weird both lights are dirty.
Turns out this was a crack in the HID len, weird. Ziv at Watson is replacing both lights, they are good to work with.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #8617
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
Turns out this was a crack in the HID len, weird. Ziv at Watson is replacing both lights, they are good to work with.
Will you be able to get your Headlight Armor off the old ones? I haven't tried removing them yet. I would think you can get them off and re-use them.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #8618
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Quote:
Will you be able to get your Headlight Armor off the old ones? I haven't tried removing them yet. I would think you can get them off and re-use them.
Probably not, Ziv told me he could make it up by giving me the side Camaro letters so I could paint them black, or install a Heritage grill, I would need to buy the grill. I am on the fence about the grill, and if I get one, if it should be black or IOM.......

Old 07-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #8619
mrmertz

Okay, I'm about ready to throw this whole K&N piece of $&#% in the garbage. How in the world do they expect you to take a thick metal reinforced insulating trim and get it to fit snug around all of these 90 degree turns on this blasted heat shield?

Absolutely a waste of my time. I should just send it back. Plus upon taking the stock air cleaner off one of the metal grommets popped off its mount and went God nows where into the depths of the engine compartment.

I should have never bought this car. Waste of money.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #8620
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Quote:
Okay, I'm about ready to throw this whole K&N piece of $&#% in the garbage. How in the world do they expect you to take a thick metal reinforced insulating trim and get it to fit snug around all of these 90 degree turns on this blasted heat shield?

Absolutely a waste of my time. I should just send it back. Plus upon taking the stock air cleaner off one of the metal grommets popped off its mount and went God nows where into the depths of the engine compartment.

I should have never bought this car. Waste of money.
PM'ed Hang in there buddy

Old 07-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #8621
mrmertz

I'm going to send this thing back. I'm done. Now I have to find the friggin metal grommet.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #8622
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Quote:
I'm going to send this thing back. I'm done. Now I have to find the friggin metal grommet.
There's a easy trick to putting the trim on, heat it up with a hair dryer. If you need help, give me a call.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #8623
mrmertz

Quote:
There's a easy trick to putting the trim on, heat it up with a hair dryer. If you need help, give me a call.
Thanks Sean! Will do. Have a good 4th with all the company!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #8624
40years

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 1SS/RS IBM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA
Everybody have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #8625
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Glen,

I hope you and Myra have a safe and enjoyable trip! Take care, have fun, and look forward to seeing you when you get back.