Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

USA - Southwest AZ, HI, NM, NV, UT

Old 05-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #1326
jbak

Drives: G8 GXP
How does street legal differ from Test & Tune ?
jbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #1327
Ernie@P

Drives: 1998 Formula
hey if anyof you guy need parts, tunes, or work done, i can cut you some good deals. even if need be i can go down there and pick up the car in a enclosed trailer and haul it back here to Phoenix and then back to you

Ernie
Ernie@P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #1328
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbak View Post
How does street legal differ from Test & Tune ?
It's a race series...
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #1329
jbak

Drives: G8 GXP
Armysig...thanks.

The poster makes it look like test & tune goes on at the same time... right ?

And the races are heads-up, no bracket ? Seems like the forced-induction / NOS guys would clean up.
jbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #1330
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Sure does look that way. But it looks like fun. Just remember, even the fastest guy on the track can break down.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #1331
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
I could be wrong but, I believe that street legal is no water box /slicks.
Krazy and old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #1332
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS LS3
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
Awesome show at the Cricket Wireless Pavillion yesterday, Brooks n Dunn and Jason Aldean. and I randomly bumped into BlaineB there too. he parked like 1000 feet away from me.
Got there early to get a good parking spot and for some tailgatin and washers

AND I hit the 1000 mile mark on the way home... time for an oil change

Borla S Cat-Back, PFADT Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC Goodies
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #1333
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to Flynnaz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnaz Send a message via Skype™ to Flynnaz
Awesome!, memories, my first oil change...I just hit 15,000

Mods so far: Ported Throttle Body/Airiad CAI/ Elite Oil Catch Can/Clutch reservoir separation Mod/Subthump/Foot well Lighting/RBG LED behind Grill/LED under Polished Strut Tower Brace/Vinyl Gill Blackouts/Skip Shift Eliminator/DYI Mild to Wild/AAC Plasma DRL's with Plug n Play harness/Blue LED Dome light, white LED trunk and Licence plate light/tinted windows/blacked out side markers and tail lights/Headlight Armor/Clear Bra/splash guards/Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts/Plastidipped Bow Ties and rear Tail Light Bezels/Emblem Pros Black Camaro letters/diodedynamics lighted cup holder (SS)
Flynnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #1334
BlaineB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS IBMw/CGM stripes
That was a pretty awesome show!
BlaineB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #1335
DBAKER

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, M6 SilverIce
Hello all - I'm new to this site and live up by Sabino HS. I took my 2SS in for a clutch replacement this week, after only 7000 miles. No, it wasn't due to my driving habits. It appears that several others are having issues similar to mine. I am glad that GM is taking care of it.
DBAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #1336
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Send a message via MSN to Flynnaz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnaz Send a message via Skype™ to Flynnaz
Welcome DBAKER, I hope you get your car back, did to take it to O'Really? I hope you have better luck then me. What was the clutch problem?

Mods so far: Ported Throttle Body/Airiad CAI/ Elite Oil Catch Can/Clutch reservoir separation Mod/Subthump/Foot well Lighting/RBG LED behind Grill/LED under Polished Strut Tower Brace/Vinyl Gill Blackouts/Skip Shift Eliminator/DYI Mild to Wild/AAC Plasma DRL's with Plug n Play harness/Blue LED Dome light, white LED trunk and Licence plate light/tinted windows/blacked out side markers and tail lights/Headlight Armor/Clear Bra/splash guards/Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts/Plastidipped Bow Ties and rear Tail Light Bezels/Emblem Pros Black Camaro letters/diodedynamics lighted cup holder (SS)
Old 05-22-2010, 11:43 PM   #1337
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBAKER View Post
Hello all - I'm new to this site and live up by Sabino HS. I took my 2SS in for a clutch replacement this week, after only 7000 miles. No, it wasn't due to my driving habits. It appears that several others are having issues similar to mine. I am glad that GM is taking care of it.
Whats your VIN? Curious to know what group it is.

As usual I am missing everything. Summertime is almost here, but in the A/C Biz it's been here for many weeks. Couple that with the fact my mom is having health issues which is keeping my dad at home, which leaves me as the only employee at the moment.

In the little bit of spare time I have had I've done most of my lights. Afterburners had me really pissed off on the first light, the other 3 went much smoother. I ended up completely changing the install instructions. The way the sheet had them left the wires visible and prone to melting on the brake light bulb.

My box from Subthump will be here next week, along with the other electronic goodies. Hopefully at some point soon I will be able to plan far enough ahead for a meet. I know you all are missing my sexy baldness.

Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:42 AM   #1338
DBAKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
Welcome DBAKER, I hope you get your car back, did to take it to O'Really? I hope you have better luck then me. What was the clutch problem?
Thanks for the welcome! My car is at O'Rielly. My clutch stuck to the floor twice, the pedal height for engagement was inconsistent, and I kept smelling clutch. Turns out the bolts on the pressure plate weren't torqued properly and the fingers on the plate were bent. We'll have to see what else. Otherwise, I love the car!
Old 05-23-2010, 12:46 AM   #1339
DBAKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
Whats your VIN? Curious to know what group it is.

Last edited by DBAKER; 05-24-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #1340
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

[QUOTE=DBAKER;71557[/QUOTE]

I would edit that with just the last 5 digits. so your car#71557

Last edited by Flynnaz; 05-24-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:13 AM   #1341
DBAKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
I would edit that with just the last 5 digits. so your car#71557
Thanks. Could you edit it also in your reply to my post?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:28 AM   #1342
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Good catch, I took care of it

Old 05-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #1343
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Nice pics EVO

Old 05-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #1344
DBAKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBAKER View Post
Thanks for the welcome! My car is at O'Rielly. My clutch stuck to the floor twice, the pedal height for engagement was inconsistent, and I kept smelling clutch. Turns out the bolts on the pressure plate weren't torqued properly and the fingers on the plate were bent. We'll have to see what else. Otherwise, I love the car!
I got the car back today and the clutch feels loads better. O'Rielly was very professional and didn't hesistate to take care of the problem.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #1345
40years

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 1SS/RS IBM
On the way home from work this afternoon, I stopped next to a new Mustang Rouscharged 427R. Dark blue with white stripes. NICE CAR! Of course the driver (my age) would not look over so I could give him the thumbs up. Oh well. On a side note, I had a message on my answering machine when I got home from my cardiologist with the results from my stress-echo test yesterday. No blockages. YAHOO!
40years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #1346
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40years View Post
On the way home from work this afternoon, I stopped next to a new Mustang Rouscharged 427R. Dark blue with white stripes. NICE CAR! Of course the driver (my age) would not look over so I could give him the thumbs up. Oh well. On a side note, I had a message on my answering machine when I got home from my cardiologist with the results from my stress-echo test yesterday. No blockages. YAHOO!
Great news Glen, ready for a Alaska run, lol just kidding

Old 05-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #1347
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
Good news indeed... the test results I mean. The Mustang driver doesn't surprise me they are all as....... oh wait nevermind.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:47 PM   #1348
40years

Thanks Sean & Sean, I appreciate it. Must have been one of those "we cant explain it" things.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #1349
copper3000
(aka) Troy & Maria

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M CGM/Black Stripes w GE
Quote:
Awesome news Glen!
I've been so busy taking care of my Grandmother, planning for my daughter's wedding, and getting together with visitors from other states that I feel out of touch. Hopefully soon things will smooth out soon.
Met another fellow 2010 Camaro owner yesterday on the base. His is Cyber Grey too. Really nice guy, loves his car (don't we all), he commented on how nice all the Camaro owners have been. I agree!
copper3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #1350
40years

Thanks Troy. I appreciate everyone's concern.