Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 02-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #902
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azburk View Post
Agreed...Case of beer too???
You're on !
40years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #903
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to Flynnaz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnaz Send a message via Skype™ to Flynnaz
I added armysig and cooper3000 to the March 13th list.

I am going to the NHRA Nationals Saturday at Firebird Raceway if anyone else is going let me know. I will be in the family truckster, with a tune its pushing over 400hp now

Mods so far: Ported Throttle Body/Airiad CAI/ Elite Oil Catch Can/Clutch reservoir separation Mod/********/Foot well Lighting/RBG LED behind Grill/LED under Polished Strut Tower Brace/Vinyl Gill Blackouts/Skip Shift Eliminator/DYI Mild to Wild/AAC Plasma DRL's with Plug n Play harness/Blue LED Dome light, white LED trunk and Licence plate light/tinted windows/blacked out side markers and tail lights/Headlight Armor/Clear Bra/splash guards/Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts/Plastidipped Bow Ties and rear Tail Light Bezels/Emblem Pros Black Camaro letters/diodedynamics lighted cup holder (SS)
Flynnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #904
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Well I just ordered a 4 gauge cluster yesterday from CamaroScotty's parts shop. Dave told me he was expecting the gauges to be in on Friday or Monday and I would get one shipped ASAP.

I originally wanted to by a 2SS but I just couldn't swing the extra 3k for the down payment that the bank wanted, so I settled (like a 1 SS is settlling LOL) for what I have now.

After that I'll put in the PDIM. I would love to get the OnStar module, but I'm not thinking it's that important.

So small mods are coming along. I'm just starting to itch for my CAI...That's going to be a fun mod to install.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #905
azburk

Drives: 2013 SW ZL1 #7243
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
Well I just ordered a 4 gauge cluster yesterday from CamaroScotty's parts shop. Dave told me he was expecting the gauges to be in on Friday or Monday and I would get one shipped ASAP.

I originally wanted to by a 2SS but I just couldn't swing the extra 3k for the down payment that the bank wanted, so I settled (like a 1 SS is settlling LOL) for what I have now.

After that I'll put in the PDIM. I would love to get the OnStar module, but I'm not thinking it's that important.

So small mods are coming along. I'm just starting to itch for my CAI...That's going to be a fun mod to install.
Let us know how the install goes on the 4 pack gauges. This will probably be my next mod after my Vararam CAI. I too wanted the 2SS but my wife would have killed me if I spent anymore money for a car that sits in the garage most of the time. (6 months old today, 2400 miles)
azburk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #906
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Send a message via MSN to Flynnaz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnaz Send a message via Skype™ to Flynnaz
March 13th information so far from Nick, this works for me, how about everyone else?;

"If you guys can stay a little later, I was thinking a late lunch at a killer pizza joint, and then hitting the Pavillions. I'm thinking like 1:30 to 3:30 lunch and parking lot, then head to the Pavillions at 3:30, arrive at 4, and do a couple 3 hours at the show there. Let me know if that works for you, if not we can do an earlier thing similar to yours."

Mods so far: Ported Throttle Body/Airiad CAI/ Elite Oil Catch Can/Clutch reservoir separation Mod/********/Foot well Lighting/RBG LED behind Grill/LED under Polished Strut Tower Brace/Vinyl Gill Blackouts/Skip Shift Eliminator/DYI Mild to Wild/AAC Plasma DRL's with Plug n Play harness/Blue LED Dome light, white LED trunk and Licence plate light/tinted windows/blacked out side markers and tail lights/Headlight Armor/Clear Bra/splash guards/Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts/Plastidipped Bow Ties and rear Tail Light Bezels/Emblem Pros Black Camaro letters/diodedynamics lighted cup holder (SS)
Old 02-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #907
spaceaholic
SpaceAholic

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Ok guys..please tell me more about the 'Test and Tune' event..where is it being held and what will a performance tune run (in my case on a 2SS/RS) ...have been looking for a facility to get this done..I reside in the Sierra Vista/Fort Huachuca area.

Many thanks -
Scott
spaceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #908
40years

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceaholic View Post
Ok guys..please tell me more about the 'Test and Tune' event..where is it being held and what will a performance tune run (in my case on a 2SS/RS) ...have been looking for a facility to get this done..I reside in the Sierra Vista/Fort Huachuca area.

Many thanks -
Scott
Hello Scott & Welcome. The Test & Tune is at Southwestern International Raceway on Houghton Rd south of I-10. Cost to race is $20.00 and you should have a Snell approved helmut. As for a tune, azburk and I have the A6 and got our tunes from Vector Motorsports. $625.00 will get you the ECM tune and 2 tunes for the TCM. If you have the M6, flynnaz got his from Diablo Motorsports. Both will give lifetime free tune upgrades every time you make a major Mod like a CAI or Exhaust, cam or whatever. Hope to see you on the 19th.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #909
spaceaholic
SpaceAholic

Have the M6 so looks like Diablo is the place. Are they located in Tucson?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #910
SSRS2010
SS/RSVIN04274

Drives: 2010 CAMARO.
Car Show March 27th

I would like to see if any one would like to come to our Car Show. This year will be the frist time at this Car Show to have a spot for ALL NEW CARS to be
Judged and we are haveing a Camaro Trophy For all Gens
Thank You all
Attached Images

SSRS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #911
BlaineB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS IBMw/CGM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
March 13th information so far from Nick, this works for me, how about everyone else?;

"If you guys can stay a little later, I was thinking a late lunch at a killer pizza joint, and then hitting the Pavillions. I'm thinking like 1:30 to 3:30 lunch and parking lot, then head to the Pavillions at 3:30, arrive at 4, and do a couple 3 hours at the show there. Let me know if that works for you, if not we can do an earlier thing similar to yours."
Sean, hey this works for me. As you get more infor just let me know.
BlaineB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #912
armysig
Catch me if you can

Quote:
Have the M6 so looks like Diablo is the place. Are they located in Tucson?

Diablo is a type of tuner for the Camaro's. HERE

Also I'm going to the test and tune night at SIR

If you want want to follow me we can meet up at the Circle K in Huachuca City. Just let me know and we can set up a time.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #913
40years

Quote:

Sean, works for me. Just let us know where to meet and what time. I would suggest going up the back way thru Apache Junction. A lot less traffic and NO SEMI'S. What do you think? May take about 45 minutes longer going that way, but a lot less stressfull.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #914
spaceaholic
SpaceAholic

Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
Diablo is a type of tuner for the Camaro's. HERE

Also I'm going to the test and tune night at SIR

If you want want to follow me we can meet up at the Circle K in Huachuca City. Just let me know and we can set up a time.
Thanks..I located the Diablo for about 45 bucks cheaper via the below link...does this look like the correct one and is the price one of the better quotes availalbe?

http://marylandspeed.com/diablosport...94-p-2559.html
Old 02-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #915
copper3000
(aka) Troy & Maria

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M CGM/Black Stripes w GE
copper

Quote:
I added armysig and cooper3000 to the March 13th list.

I am going to the NHRA Nationals Saturday at Firebird Raceway if anyone else is going let me know. I will be in the family truckster, with a tune its pushing over 400hp now
That's copper not cooper.

Thanks for adding me!
copper3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #916
armysig
Catch me if you can

Quote:
Thanks..I located the Diablo for about 45 bucks cheaper via the below link...does this look like the correct one and is the price one of the better quotes availalbe?

http://marylandspeed.com/diablosport...94-p-2559.html

Not a problem, I know that Ebay will have the tuner cheaper sometimes. I was just linking that for the discription. I was being lazy and didn't want to do a lot of cut and paste.

Oh were you driving through the east gate today at about 1100 twards the shoppette? I saw a CGM pass in front of me as I was going off post.

-----------------------------------

So Sean how has the new tune worked out for your car? I'm thinking of getting one when my CAI gets here.

----------------------------------

Glen, how did your new tune work out? You had said something that 1st and 2nd were a little to much torque?

Last edited by armysig; 02-22-2010 at 02:50 PM.
armysig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #917
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

I got my Diablo Tuner through JDP Motersports;
link, tuner with usb interface 325.00

Daiblo Predator link;
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62865

Airaid CAI link;
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60953

Very good customer service, I got my Airaid CAI's through him too

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports
MagnaFlowPlus.com
888.308.6007 Toll Free
jordan@jdpmotorsports.com
www.magnaflowplus.com

As far as the Tune, I feel the power is more even on acceleration, It is truly hard to tell with a Manual Transmission, and if you have not got a skip-shift eliminator yet you can program it out too.

There is a local Diablo Tuner from what the Diablosports web site shows, I emailed them Friday but they said they where all going to be at Firebird this weekend for the NHRA. I will post any information I get.

Local Diablo tuner finder link;
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...display&pid=32

I went to Firebird on Saturday, the funny cars are just cazy, 8000 hp avg, 310 MPH, 3.somthing secs, and 15 gals of fuel burned on a run, and louder than a mad mother-in-law. My wife has never been, and we where in the pit area when they fired up John Forces Funny Car, I never seen her jump so high . They had a ton of Mustangs there, Ford was a sponsor, but there was a Transformer ed. SS/RS with a $41,000.00 sticker what the hack is that?

Copper fixed

I will send out more information on the 13th run when I get it.

Glen,
I have no problem taking 79 the back way, although less people will see our Camaro Power

Last edited by Flynnaz; 02-22-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #918
40years

Sean, we can terrorize the inmates and guards at the State Prison in Florence.