Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-01-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
eLeSthree

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6sp
Texas Speed & Performance 2 inch headers

While I was researching which headers to buy, I didn't come across much info on these. Just random posts about how I would lose low end power or whatever cause 2.0 primaries are overkill. I'll leave that debate up to the pros. I'm just hear to provide my personal experience. Take it for what its worth.

If you look at their website, they warn you that the 2.0 headers may have fitment issues. Well, I personally have never installed a set of headers on a car without fitment issues. So that didn't scare me. The other thing that you will notice online, is that the 1 7/8 headers are the same exact price as the 2.0, which are already priced waaaay below others. If TSP wasn't so well known I might have been concerned with "getting what you pay for". But these headers are damn good. I just installed a set of Kooks on my ls6 Silverado, and I was really happy with them, but after seeing the tsp's I feel like I wasted money.

I just wanted people to know, that I installed these 2 inch headers in my driveway, without a lift, and I had ZERO fitment issues. I removed the steering shaft so I didnt have to jack the car up higher, but when I reconnected it, to my surprise, it cleared the fatty headers no problem. No denting or dimpling, no grinding the frame, no pulling the starter. Easy as pie. Just changed my plugs and wires and zero problems there.

Had a 3 inch exhaust with x pipe and magnaflows welded up right after. Weeeeee the power gain is nice! It pulls real good up top!

Don't be scared of the 2 inchers!

The only complaint I have with these TSP headers are the slip fit connections. Slip fits always leak for me. But I had my exhaust guy weld up some nice three bolt flanges.

The "connection pipe" from the header to the stock exhaust comes with these headers. It's made to look like a cat I suppose. I only used them to drive to the exhaust shop, then they were removed.
Attached Images

eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:59 PM   #2
camrytt

Drives: 2014 L99
So THAT'S why they're called long tube!

Ha ha haaaaaa

Current: '14 L99, muffler delete, vmax ported throttle body, resonated x pipe. Soon: Kooks headers, tune, e85
Past: '12 LFX, full bolt ons + E85, 302hp/267tq
camrytt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:30 PM   #3
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS 6M
Wat other mods on car?
Old 12-01-2016, 05:48 PM   #4
eLeSthree

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
Wat other mods on car?
Just the 3 inch exhaust. Maybe a tweak here and there with HPT.
Attached Images

eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 06:12 PM   #5
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS 6M
That HPT TWEAK makes all the diff....I'll do 2" down the road when I pull the block for the stroker...good to know it fits!
Old 12-02-2016, 01:52 PM   #6
STALKER

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS Spring Edition
Nice!
LSX Bowtie Block, PRC 285 Heads w/ Ti Intake Valves, Diamond Pistons, Callies Compstar Crank & H-Beam Rods, Custom Grind Comp Cam, LS7 Lifters & Pushrods, Trunion Modified LS7 Rockers, Ported LS7 Intake & TB, Z28 CAI, FAST 65# Injectors, Kooks 1-7/8" Headers, Kooks Z28 3" X-Pipe & Cat-Back, Barton Shifter, ZR1 Clutch w/ Katech Lightweight Flywheel, BMR 1.4" Springs, BMR Tunnel Brace, Z28/1LE Strut Tower Brace, 20" Z28 Wheels with Nitto Rubber.
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote