Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #1684
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Not enough time... Vengeance guy did them back to back to back really fast.

I pulled (what I though) was low numbers.... 369 371 372 respectively.

I say "Low" cause another bone stock 2012 that came with me pulled 382....I had 1300 miles and he had 3000...so maybe that has something to do with that...

I didn't really notice much with the Fuse pull....and I know i had 87 in there at one point from the dealer.... so maybe just wasn't that noticeable.

I also may have gotten bad gas last night....so many variables to really know.
Mike doesn't fool around. He just wants it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
Ok. I have posted in this thread many times. Those that follow know my deal. Fuse pull yesterday for the first time in a few months. It has been cooler. So, this was no damn butt dyno this time. No question. 25-30 Hp over a few days ago with same temps

But as usual, it went away within a day.

I am convinced it s my slightly, very slightly rattling exhaust

Edit:yes it was butt dyno, but there was no damn question...none..I'm talking traction control kicking in thru first and second....at speed...it never does that normally

Dgw
Find GTAHVITs thread. He went through the IDENTICAL thing. Fixed his rattle and done.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:37 AM   #1685
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I have a thread out there where my exhaust rattle was pulling timing on my car big time..

My car has a dyno tune so it shouldn't revert to the low octane table like a stock one will. But I would definitely agree. if the rattle can be detected by the knock sensors it will pull timing and possibly swap to the lower octane table more quickly.

Gotta find that rattle brother.
Interesting...

what type of exhaust do you have and are they welded? I'm asking because i will be getting my exhaust in the near future and i'm planning on welding.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #1686
Ratt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post
Interesting...

what type of exhaust do you have and are they welded? I'm asking because i will be getting my exhaust in the near future and i'm planning on welding.
You don't have to weld it just buy a high quaility exhaust system. I have ARH headers with a Borla S exhaust and the shop who installed them said they never have to weld Borla or Magna Flow exhausts. He mentioned a couple other companies but those were the two I remember.

You might want to change the mufflers if you don't like the sound. If there is Drone coming from your exhaust it can be corrected sometimes by adjusting your mufflers, you cant do that if they are welded.

What kind of system are you going to get?

I forgot to mention that I had my low octane tune over written with a high octane tune when my car was Dyno'ed and I haven't had any knocking or any other problems with it since. There is a knock sensor that will retard your timing if it senses low octane fuel.
Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #1687
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Mike doesn't fool around. He just wants it done.

Find GTAHVITs thread. He went through the IDENTICAL thing. Fixed his rattle and done.
Yes thanks guys...I saw that thread awhile back and it is what got me to thinking about the exhaust. The rattle is very slight and all the way at the rear of the car. But, I think it's telegraphing and setting off the sensors.

And by the way....it's already back to the low octane. It's very easy to detect in this colder weather now.
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #1688
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Yes thanks guys...I saw that thread awhile back and it is what got me to thinking about the exhaust. The rattle is very slight and all the way at the rear of the car. But, I think it's telegraphing and setting off the sensors.

And by the way....it's already back to the low octane. It's very easy to detect in this colder weather now.
Damn.

Find that rattle.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #1689
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Damn.

Find that rattle.

Well actually, I need to explain. I know exactly where it is. I just have not taken the time to remove the rear facia and cut off the tip a little bit. It was too cold this weekend

It's right there....
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #1690
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post
Interesting...

Welding definitely will help prevent it from sagging. I have ARH all the way back to the mufflers which are THR cans. I think I finally got it sorted out. so that all my rattles are gone now.

Quote:
Well actually, I need to explain. I know exactly where it is. I just have not taken the time to remove the rear facia and cut off the tip a little bit. It was too cold this weekend

It's right there....
I would start there. it's easy to fix then see if it still does it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #1691
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

I've updated my situation on the exhaust/KR threads of GTAHVIT

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...49#post4282249
Old 01-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #1692
LS3CAM
TheBeerMan

Drives: 2010 RS/2SS Camaro LS3 CGM Sunroof
Im a little confused on the whole fuse pull thing. doesnt the ECU adjust automatically depending on what octane fuel you put in the tank? Is there knock sensors in the engine? The owners manual says low octane fuel can be used, but engine performance will be reduced. It does not say that the ECU has to be reset once higher octane fuel is put back in. Here in California the highest octane available is 91. Thanks in advance!
LS3CAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #1693
DOOK
Wearing My BowTie

Drives: 2SS~RS VR~Black Ralley's
Apparently not.
Once it sets to the low octane map, it stays until reset.
Another problem people seem to be having is an exhaust rattle that trips the knock sensors to the lower map.

I suppose with every benefit of technology, you have to accept it's pitfalls.
FInd ways to work around them.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #1694
tombono

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS vert
I tried the fuse pull today. I've been running 91 octane for the last two fill ups(was at about a quarter tank each fill). I didn't notice any gains from before I had done it. I waited about three hours after the pull to reinstall the fuses. Did I somehow screw up? Also is 91 high enought or should I go to a station with 93?
tombono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #1695
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
The manual says for the highest performance to use 93 octane. Try to run your tank as low as possible, fill up with 93 and run that tank till its about empty, then fill up again with 93 octane and do your fuse pull. This is what I would do to make sure I get rid of as much of that lower octane fuel as possible.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, RX CC, GFX, Subs, Tuned by Rhino79 at GPI.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #1696
tombono

Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
The manual says for the highest performance to use 93 octane. Try to run your tank as low as possible, fill up with 93 and run that tank till its about empty, then fill up again with 93 octane and do your fuse pull. This is what I would do to make sure I get rid of as much of that lower octane fuel as possible.
Ok, I guess I probably should have looked in the manual first, but who reads those pesky things nowadays anyway Thank you though. Is it a truly noticeable difference in daily use after?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #1697
evilbeef54
tail lights for u

Drives: Bumble Bee 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombono View Post
Ok, I guess I probably should have looked in the manual first, but who reads those pesky things nowadays anyway Thank you though. Is it a truly noticeable difference in daily use after?
it only makes a difference if your car is stuck in the low octane tables, if you have always run 91+ and your car runs good it should be fine, im not sure why everyone says pull fuses for hours or overnight i have tested fuse pulls on my ol 94 z28 when i was tuning and you could see that only a 5 min or so pull worked, at the beginning of all the talks about the fuse pull it was said to pull it for an hour or so, now we are up to overnight, i cant wait till i get HPT so we can see how long it actualy takes, if anyone else with HPT or something similar can hook it up, try pulling the fuses for a few minutes and see if it resets the LTFT's that should show you how long it takes to reset the mem in the pcm
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RY M6- LOVIN' it
Kooks LT's & HFC's, Flowmaster Single chamber mufflers, C.A.I. Intake, ADM Scoop, Rotofab w/w relocate

Semper Paratus

You have to go out You don't have to come back!!!
evilbeef54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #1698
tombono

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbeef54 View Post
it only makes a difference if your car is stuck in the low octane tables, if you have always run 91+ and your car runs good it should be fine, im not sure why everyone says pull fuses for hours or overnight
unfortunately I did run a couple tanks of regular through it at first regretting it now, but hopefully I'll have it taken care of soon enough.

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #1699
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

I have another wrinkle to introduce to this thread. Apparently cheating the consumers on High Test gas is more rampant than we might expect. I am almost positive now that I have switched from my long time normal place to fill up. This may give you a feel for the magnitude although it is not exactly recent.

http://www.gpb.org/news/2009/09/10/f...leged-gas-scam
Old 01-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #1700
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratt View Post
You don't have to weld it just buy a high quaility exhaust system. I have ARH headers with a Borla S exhaust and the shop who installed them said they never have to weld Borla or Magna Flow exhausts. He mentioned a couple other companies but those were the two I remember.

You might want to change the mufflers if you don't like the sound. If there is Drone coming from your exhaust it can be corrected sometimes by adjusting your mufflers, you cant do that if they are welded.

What kind of system are you going to get?

I forgot to mention that I had my low octane tune over written with a high octane tune when my car was Dyno'ed and I haven't had any knocking or any other problems with it since. There is a knock sensor that will retard your timing if it senses low octane fuel.
Im planning on getting the flowmaster AT catback

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Welding definitely will help prevent it from sagging. I have ARH all the way back to the mufflers which are THR cans. I think I finally got it sorted out. so that all my rattles are gone now.
Yea i dont want a saggy exhaust
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote