Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #1684
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Not enough time... Vengeance guy did them back to back to back really fast.

I pulled (what I though) was low numbers.... 369 371 372 respectively.

I say "Low" cause another bone stock 2012 that came with me pulled 382....I had 1300 miles and he had 3000...so maybe that has something to do with that...

I didn't really notice much with the Fuse pull....and I know i had 87 in there at one point from the dealer.... so maybe just wasn't that noticeable.

I also may have gotten bad gas last night....so many variables to really know.
Mike doesn't fool around. He just wants it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
Ok. I have posted in this thread many times. Those that follow know my deal. Fuse pull yesterday for the first time in a few months. It has been cooler. So, this was no damn butt dyno this time. No question. 25-30 Hp over a few days ago with same temps

But as usual, it went away within a day.

I am convinced it s my slightly, very slightly rattling exhaust

Edit:yes it was butt dyno, but there was no damn question...none..I'm talking traction control kicking in thru first and second....at speed...it never does that normally

Dgw
Find GTAHVITs thread. He went through the IDENTICAL thing. Fixed his rattle and done.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:37 AM   #1685
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?
 
SSGUNNER's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Some where in So Cal
Posts: 4,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I have a thread out there where my exhaust rattle was pulling timing on my car big time..

My car has a dyno tune so it shouldn't revert to the low octane table like a stock one will. But I would definitely agree. if the rattle can be detected by the knock sensors it will pull timing and possibly swap to the lower octane table more quickly.

Gotta find that rattle brother.
Interesting...

what type of exhaust do you have and are they welded? I'm asking because i will be getting my exhaust in the near future and i'm planning on welding.
__________________
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #1686
Ratt
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2ss
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post
Interesting...

what type of exhaust do you have and are they welded? I'm asking because i will be getting my exhaust in the near future and i'm planning on welding.
You don't have to weld it just buy a high quaility exhaust system. I have ARH headers with a Borla S exhaust and the shop who installed them said they never have to weld Borla or Magna Flow exhausts. He mentioned a couple other companies but those were the two I remember.

You might want to change the mufflers if you don't like the sound. If there is Drone coming from your exhaust it can be corrected sometimes by adjusting your mufflers, you cant do that if they are welded.

What kind of system are you going to get?

I forgot to mention that I had my low octane tune over written with a high octane tune when my car was Dyno'ed and I haven't had any knocking or any other problems with it since. There is a knock sensor that will retard your timing if it senses low octane fuel.
Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #1687
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic
 
f5journal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: aiken, sc
Posts: 2,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Mike doesn't fool around. He just wants it done.

Find GTAHVITs thread. He went through the IDENTICAL thing. Fixed his rattle and done.
Yes thanks guys...I saw that thread awhile back and it is what got me to thinking about the exhaust. The rattle is very slight and all the way at the rear of the car. But, I think it's telegraphing and setting off the sensors.

And by the way....it's already back to the low octane. It's very easy to detect in this colder weather now.
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #1688
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
Yes thanks guys...I saw that thread awhile back and it is what got me to thinking about the exhaust. The rattle is very slight and all the way at the rear of the car. But, I think it's telegraphing and setting off the sensors.

And by the way....it's already back to the low octane. It's very easy to detect in this colder weather now.
Damn.

Find that rattle.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #1689
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic
 
f5journal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: aiken, sc
Posts: 2,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Damn.

Find that rattle.

Well actually, I need to explain. I know exactly where it is. I just have not taken the time to remove the rear facia and cut off the tip a little bit. It was too cold this weekend

It's right there....
Attached Images
 
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #1690
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post
Interesting...

what type of exhaust do you have and are they welded? I'm asking because i will be getting my exhaust in the near future and i'm planning on welding.
Welding definitely will help prevent it from sagging. I have ARH all the way back to the mufflers which are THR cans. I think I finally got it sorted out. so that all my rattles are gone now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
Well actually, I need to explain. I know exactly where it is. I just have not taken the time to remove the rear facia and cut off the tip a little bit. It was too cold this weekend

It's right there....
I would start there. it's easy to fix then see if it still does it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #1691
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic
 
f5journal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: aiken, sc
Posts: 2,024
I've updated my situation on the exhaust/KR threads of GTAHVIT

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...49#post4282249
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #1692
LS3CAM
TheBeerMan
 
LS3CAM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RS/2SS Camaro LS3 CGM Sunroof
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: So. Cal. Mountains
Posts: 82
Im a little confused on the whole fuse pull thing. doesnt the ECU adjust automatically depending on what octane fuel you put in the tank? Is there knock sensors in the engine? The owners manual says low octane fuel can be used, but engine performance will be reduced. It does not say that the ECU has to be reset once higher octane fuel is put back in. Here in California the highest octane available is 91. Thanks in advance!
LS3CAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #1693
DOOK
Wearing My BowTie
 
Drives: 2SS~RS VR~Black Ralley's
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 96
Apparently not.
Once it sets to the low octane map, it stays until reset.
Another problem people seem to be having is an exhaust rattle that trips the knock sensors to the lower map.

I suppose with every benefit of technology, you have to accept it's pitfalls.
FInd ways to work around them.
__________________
DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #1694
tombono
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS vert
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 31
I tried the fuse pull today. I've been running 91 octane for the last two fill ups(was at about a quarter tank each fill). I didn't notice any gains from before I had done it. I waited about three hours after the pull to reinstall the fuses. Did I somehow screw up? Also is 91 high enought or should I go to a station with 93?
tombono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #1695
rberns


 
rberns's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 3,219
The manual says for the highest performance to use 93 octane. Try to run your tank as low as possible, fill up with 93 and run that tank till its about empty, then fill up again with 93 octane and do your fuse pull. This is what I would do to make sure I get rid of as much of that lower octane fuel as possible.
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, RX CC, GFX, Subs, Tuned by Rhino79 at GPI.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #1696
tombono
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS vert
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
The manual says for the highest performance to use 93 octane. Try to run your tank as low as possible, fill up with 93 and run that tank till its about empty, then fill up again with 93 octane and do your fuse pull. This is what I would do to make sure I get rid of as much of that lower octane fuel as possible.
Ok, I guess I probably should have looked in the manual first, but who reads those pesky things nowadays anyway Thank you though. Is it a truly noticeable difference in daily use after?
tombono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #1697
evilbeef54
tail lights for u
 
evilbeef54's Avatar
 
Drives: Bumble Bee 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Where ever USCG sends me
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombono View Post
Ok, I guess I probably should have looked in the manual first, but who reads those pesky things nowadays anyway Thank you though. Is it a truly noticeable difference in daily use after?
it only makes a difference if your car is stuck in the low octane tables, if you have always run 91+ and your car runs good it should be fine, im not sure why everyone says pull fuses for hours or overnight i have tested fuse pulls on my ol 94 z28 when i was tuning and you could see that only a 5 min or so pull worked, at the beginning of all the talks about the fuse pull it was said to pull it for an hour or so, now we are up to overnight, i cant wait till i get HPT so we can see how long it actualy takes, if anyone else with HPT or something similar can hook it up, try pulling the fuses for a few minutes and see if it resets the LTFT's that should show you how long it takes to reset the mem in the pcm
__________________
1972 Camaro 350/Muncie M22 - SOLD
1986 Camaro RS - R.I.P.
1994 Camaro Z28 - SOLD
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RY M6- LOVIN' it
Kooks LT's & HFC's, Flowmaster Single chamber mufflers, C.A.I. Intake, ADM Scoop, Rotofab w/w relocate

Semper Paratus

You have to go out You don't have to come back!!!
evilbeef54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #1698
tombono
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS vert
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbeef54 View Post
it only makes a difference if your car is stuck in the low octane tables, if you have always run 91+ and your car runs good it should be fine, im not sure why everyone says pull fuses for hours or overnight
unfortunately I did run a couple tanks of regular through it at first regretting it now, but hopefully I'll have it taken care of soon enough.

Thanks!
tombono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #1699
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic
 
f5journal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: aiken, sc
Posts: 2,024
I have another wrinkle to introduce to this thread. Apparently cheating the consumers on High Test gas is more rampant than we might expect. I am almost positive now that I have switched from my long time normal place to fill up. This may give you a feel for the magnitude although it is not exactly recent.

http://www.gpb.org/news/2009/09/10/f...leged-gas-scam
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #1700
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?
 
SSGUNNER's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Some where in So Cal
Posts: 4,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratt View Post
You don't have to weld it just buy a high quaility exhaust system. I have ARH headers with a Borla S exhaust and the shop who installed them said they never have to weld Borla or Magna Flow exhausts. He mentioned a couple other companies but those were the two I remember.

You might want to change the mufflers if you don't like the sound. If there is Drone coming from your exhaust it can be corrected sometimes by adjusting your mufflers, you cant do that if they are welded.

What kind of system are you going to get?

I forgot to mention that I had my low octane tune over written with a high octane tune when my car was Dyno'ed and I haven't had any knocking or any other problems with it since. There is a knock sensor that will retard your timing if it senses low octane fuel.
Im planning on getting the flowmaster AT catback

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Welding definitely will help prevent it from sagging. I have ARH all the way back to the mufflers which are THR cans. I think I finally got it sorted out. so that all my rattles are gone now.
Yea i dont want a saggy exhaust
__________________
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 Camaro PCM Pin-out Description and Wire Colors (LS3 & L99) raptor Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 13 11-14-2015 05:07 AM
What kind of gas are you filling up with in your '10 Camaro? JewelZ 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 42 08-02-2009 10:31 AM
Check your Order here bvonscott Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 665 06-29-2009 02:00 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.