Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #851
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
I know that my dealer put 93 in my car....because they let me put it in. I have 500+ miles on my car now and she has felt FAST from day one. I have filled up since then, only putting 93 in it. I should not have to do the fuse pull/battery disconnect, right?
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #852
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
From you VIN I can tell you have a pretty new car. I think you're fine.

My understanding is that GM has fixed the software that caused this issue. My car was built in January and I put the first tank of gas in it too (93) and it's been great. I did not need to do the fuse pull.

I don't think you need to do the fuse pull on yours.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #853
spooky0

Drives: Black on Black 2SS, ground eff
Did the fuse pull and felt a big difference on the car, but I live in Ca. where most of the gas station have 91 as the highest octane. Would it run better on 93 or would it be the same? I'm thinking better...any help would kool.
spooky0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #854
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
there are so many pages in this thread and i dont want to go through all of them. but when you pulled the fuses was the "change" temporary or has it ran the same since you pulled the fuses.
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #855
Moorepheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky0 View Post
Did the fuse pull and felt a big difference on the car, but I live in Ca. where most of the gas station have 91 as the highest octane. Would it run better on 93 or would it be the same? I'm thinking better...any help would kool.
I don't know, but if I remember reading, I don't think you will see a change from 91 to 93.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #856
Moorepheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post

My understanding is that GM has fixed the software that caused this issue. My car was built in January and I put the first tank of gas in it too (93) and it's been great. I did not need to do the fuse pull.

Yea, i thougth so, man, she has a lot of power......
Old 03-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #857
Moorepheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
there are so many pages in this thread and i dont want to go through all of them. but when you pulled the fuses was the "change" temporary or has it ran the same since you pulled the fuses.

I think it applys only to the SS models. You have a 2LT, so I don't think it matters for you, but I could be wrong.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #858
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
i upgraded to a 2ss not to long ago, but never changed my cars on here
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #859
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
As long as you only put 91 or higher fuel in it, you should not have to pull them again.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:52 AM   #860
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
I know that my dealer put 93 in my car....because they let me put it in. I have 500+ miles on my car now and she has felt FAST from day one. I have filled up since then, only putting 93 in it. I should not have to do the fuse pull/battery disconnect, right?
Right. As long as you are CERTAIN there was no low oct. in it. But you should be fine if it's newer anyway.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky0 View Post
91 should run on the same table. It's your only choice anyway. Eat the blue pill. lol Ignorance is bliss. lmao (Matrix reference)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
Keep high oct. in it and you won't have a prob. Unless you get ahold of low by mistake. If you upgraded to an SS I'm assuming a newer one and you should be fine.

Quote:
As long as you only put 91 or higher fuel in it, you should not have to pull them again.
again. lol
Old 03-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #861
spooky0

Drives: Black on Black 2SS, ground eff
Talking

Quote:
kool thanks, I found some gas stations that sell 100 and also a table that shows how to mix 91 and 100 to end up with 93, kinda expensive but ima try it to c if I feel any difference, I'll post my results. Thanx again guys
spooky0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #862
TheKid_28

Drives: Black 2SS w/ White rally stripes
When i got it the dealer put regular in it and said it can run off of 87, that was the only time 87 was in there and i have 10,000 miles now... do i need to do the pull?
TheKid_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #863
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid_28 View Post
When i got it the dealer put regular in it and said it can run off of 87, that was the only time 87 was in there and i have 10,000 miles now... do i need to do the pull?
MY GOODNESS YES!! The fuse pull is going to shock you!!!
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners, MPSS 285/35/20 on all 4 corners.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #864
Indy2010

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
My car is dead...

Up until now, I have had no issues with power. I have always put 93 in and only from two local gas stations. I filled up a couple days ago and my car is now practically dead (at least it feels like it). I cannot get the tires to spin with everything turned off. Before, I could do it with everything turned on. When I punch it in second or third, all I get is, well, nothing really.

The only thing I can think of is that I got some bad gas. If this is the problem, and this is what everyone was experiencing early on, I certainly feel for them. If it were to stay like this, I'd get rid of it. I bought my car last November, so I hope the tables adjust back on their own when I fill up next time. If not, I'll try the fuse pull and battery disconnect.

I've read these fuse pull threads since day one, and I'm almost certain that my problem is associated with the gas I purchased. I just cannot help but be nervous though.
Indy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #865
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Very long & excellent thread!!!

BUT, DID GM EVER FIX THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE OCTANE MAPPING ISSUE, ANYONE HAVE THE DEALER BULLETIN??????
Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #866
mbrusco103

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS (M6) Twin Turbo
i pulled my fuses early tonight i will replace them tomorrow and give it a try amd post again if i notice anything

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6 TT
-AGP Twin Turbo Custom 51/57 Turbos | JRE Tuned | Stainless Works Chambered exhaust | Noweeds | Factory Hurst Short Throw | Black Forgestar F14s | Carbon Fiber GFX | | VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood | Anvil Carbon Fiber Spoiler
mbrusco103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:24 AM   #867
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy2010 View Post
Up until now, I have had no issues with power. I have always put 93 in and only from two local gas stations. I filled up a couple days ago and my car is now practically dead (at least it feels like it). I cannot get the tires to spin with everything turned off. Before, I could do it with everything turned on. When I punch it in second or third, all I get is, well, nothing really.

The only thing I can think of is that I got some bad gas. If this is the problem, and this is what everyone was experiencing early on, I certainly feel for them. If it were to stay like this, I'd get rid of it. I bought my car last November, so I hope the tables adjust back on their own when I fill up next time. If not, I'll try the fuse pull and battery disconnect.

I've read these fuse pull threads since day one, and I'm almost certain that my problem is associated with the gas I purchased. I just cannot help but be nervous though.
Dude. You live in Mobile. It works for us. lol

But for real. Nov. build? You gotta do it. Hell, come to my house and I'll do it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Very long & excellent thread!!!

BUT, DID GM EVER FIX THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE OCTANE MAPPING ISSUE, ANYONE HAVE THE DEALER BULLETIN??????
I know it's been taken care of with the later cars. I had a freind of a client that had him call me asking if I ever felt my car was a little sluggish. LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told him to tell her to run the tank empty and then put high octane in it. And if it didn't feel better then bring it to me and I'd do the fuse pull for her. She doesn't read this forum, but she knows I have a Camaro.

He called me and said she was like .

So it has been fixed. Just not sure when.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrusco103 View Post
i pulled my fuses early tonight i will replace them tomorrow and give it a try amd post again if i notice anything