Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #326
Edge.128

 
Edge.128's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,067
I can't make it but THANKS EVERYONE at GM for making this car happen!!
Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #327
Duane Casselman
 
Duane Casselman's Avatar
 
Drives: SS RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gatineau Quebec
Posts: 95
RickRay there is a pit stop about 20k west of Brockville, if we where to set a time we could meet there. As Hylton said we all want to be on time the group can not wait for a few. If we have to be at the Hotel for noon we should give ourselves lots of time.
Duane Casselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #328
MI2010Camaro
 
MI2010Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oakland County Michigan
Posts: 155
Now on Delivery Day +3 (days) all I can say is this:



1. Euphoria remains high
2. The sound of the LS3 is awesome!
3. Requested by my insurance agent to bring the car by their office. No problems. The staff just wanted to see it!
4. Always planning for red lights so I can run through the gears and listen to the engine's growl one more time
5. Cyber Gray in the sunlite can make a grown man cry
6. Didn't order BA sound - Not a problem (refer to items 2 and 4)
7. Every drive in my Camaro justifies the waiting period to get one.
8. Leaving for work in the morning means one more time I can hear that LS3 come to life in my garage.
9. Thinking of adding pace car strobes so people don't drift into me on the highway as they check out my car
10. Did I mention that the exhaust note is to die for?

. . . to be continued
__________________
1SS/M6/CGM/Sunroof
#143575 Delivered 9/14/09
MI2010Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #329
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
I can't make it but THANKS EVERYONE at GM for making this car happen!!
Uhhh - nobody at GM is doing anything about making this happen. Believe me, I tried...
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #330
Edge.128

 
Edge.128's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Uhhh - nobody at GM is doing anything about making this happen. Believe me, I tried...
Oh I guess I meant thanks for making the car.
Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #331
RickRay
INJACC
 
RickRay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal (South Shore)Quebec, Canada
Posts: 5,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Casselman View Post
RickRay there is a pit stop about 20k west of Brockville, if we where to set a time we could meet there. As Hylton said we all want to be on time the group can not wait for a few. If we have to be at the Hotel for noon we should give ourselves lots of time.
OK...I`m doing a bit of calculating and will post up timings of when we should leave. More later Bye Rick
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #332
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI2010Camaro View Post
Now on Delivery Day +3 (days) all I can say is this:



1. Euphoria remains high
2. The sound of the LS3 is awesome!
3. Requested by my insurance agent to bring the car by their office. No problems. The staff just wanted to see it!
4. Always planning for red lights so I can run through the gears and listen to the engine's growl one more time
5. Cyber Gray in the sunlite can make a grown man cry
6. Didn't order BA sound - Not a problem (refer to items 2 and 4)
7. Every drive in my Camaro justifies the waiting period to get one.
8. Leaving for work in the morning means one more time I can hear that LS3 come to life in my garage.
9. Thinking of adding pace car strobes so people don't drift into me on the highway as they check out my car
10. Did I mention that the exhaust note is to die for?

. . . to be continued
11. Coming to Oshawa on October 2nd to share the happiness with your camaro brothers and sisters.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #333
TJ91
:chevy:
 
TJ91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,493
I DROVE MY CAR
With no discomfort in my knee
Wow, they did say it would be a speedy recovery, but dam, 1 week? hahahaa i feel like a champ!
No need for my brother or dad to drive my casr to Oshawa now!
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #334
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I DROVE MY CAR
With no discomfort in my knee
Wow, they did say it would be a speedy recovery, but dam, 1 week? hahahaa i feel like a champ!
No need for my brother or dad to drive my casr to Oshawa now!
Yay! But give your knee more time to heal. Do not drive it for another 10 days!
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #335
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
RJT-Maro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eufaula, Alabama
Posts: 2,765
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Yay! But give your knee more time to heal. Do not drive it for another 10 days!

I dont see how he could do that lol..

Sorry I cant make it live in the lower part of the country would be a long drive I will write a letter to them though..
__________________
2010 Camaro SS LS3 Supercharged RJT!
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #336
TJ91
:chevy:
 
TJ91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,493
it was just a test for the 2nd will definitly be driving it for the 2nd
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:04 PM   #337
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,232
Attention! Attention! We have another IOM camaro coming out. Ericcamaro will be coming out with the RickRay caravan.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:12 PM   #338
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,232
Looking for hotel directions? Just call on star and give them the hotel address:

Holiday Inn Oshawa Whitby Conference Centre
1011 BLOOR STREET EAST
Oshawa, Ontario

Your cars turn by turn Nav will do the rest!
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #339
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR
 
"prima"Donna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT - VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 13,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grey View Post
Well put.

Everyone should hoist a few Canadian beers for those of us that can't make it!
GOOD IDEA!!!
__________________
~ HWAY STR 2 & HWAY STR ~
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #340
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grey View Post
Well put.

Everyone should hoist a few Canadian beers for those of us that can't make it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
GOOD IDEA!!!
I'll make sure we get a pic of all of us hoisting them in honor of all of you who would like to make it but cannot.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #341
a6pk2go

 
a6pk2go's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ...
Posts: 1,721
Thanks goes out to everyone who built mine. It is the best car I have ever owned and I have had about 20 of them over the years.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #342
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR
 
"prima"Donna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT - VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 13,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I'll make sure we get a pic of all of us hoisting them in honor of all of you who would like to make it but cannot.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!..............
__________________
~ HWAY STR 2 & HWAY STR ~
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #343
stefan5464
 
stefan5464's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT Black/Black 6sp Auto
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 101
Hylton, looks like I'll be there WITH my Black 1LT. I'll forward some $$ to your paypal
__________________
2010 CAMARO 1LT | BLACK/BLACK | CC | A6 | TAPSHIFT | BA STEREO
"Black Sabbath"
1000 - [7-20-2009] 1100 - NMTF3K [7-23-2009]
2000 - [7-23-2009] 3000 - [8-12-2009] TPW [9-07-2009] 3300 - [8-25-2009] 3400 - [8-31-2009]
3800 - VIN [9-10-2009] #44741 4150 - [9-10-2009]
4B00 - Bayed [9-10-2009] 4200 - Shipped [9-10-2009] On TRUCK IN TRANSIT5000 ELIVERED TO DEALER..

6000: BLACK SABBATH COMETH 9-16-2009
stefan5464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:31 PM   #344
RickRay
INJACC
 
RickRay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal (South Shore)Quebec, Canada
Posts: 5,879
Heh, I think we might have 3 more...they will confirm later on if they come.....376Camaro , T D C and Christcringle;....... I'll keep looking for more
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:19 AM   #345
TJ91
:chevy:
 
TJ91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,493
you know what would be cool, if they numbered our cars and signed them, kinda be unique lik the lithos. Just pitching an idea
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:53 AM   #346
CanadianCamaro

 
CanadianCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
you know what would be cool, if they numbered our cars and signed them, kinda be unique lik the lithos. Just pitching an idea
Would be very cool. Askin' a lot though I think. I'm just happy with everything these wonderful people have done for me by just building this car (but if this idea goes thru, I'm #1 )
__________________

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #347
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Two weeks from today, I'll be waking up will one hell of a hangover. I see it coming and there's nothing I can do about it...

__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:41 AM   #348
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
 
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sparta Chevrolet, Sparta, MI
Posts: 2,106
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Two weeks from today, I'll be waking up will one hell of a hangover. I see it coming and there's nothing I can do about it...

WOW, talk about planning ahead! I've never planned a hangover that far in advance!
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:41 AM   #349
Kamaro4437
 
Kamaro4437's Avatar
 
Drives: 2 64 1/2 coupes and 66 fastbac
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 70
Is this little party going to affect production of cars of people still waiting :( lol. Some of us are still fit to be tied. But Oshawa is moving al ong great on ours. Wish i could be there but i live waaaay down in Louisiana.
Kamaro4437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #350
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst equipped View Post
can we visit the plant?
As I've stated many, many times already, no.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.