Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Trunk Monkey Parts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #211
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
I wished there was a way for me to be there but it is too little too late. There is no way I could get off to get there plus I think now don't quote me but don't you have to have a passport? I know you didn't have to back when but I think you do now but I could be wrong. Anyways I think it would be a blast to meet them all. I will be thinking of you guys and please thank the people there for all of us who couldn't be there.
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:01 PM   #212
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Sorry guys cant make it that weekend :( I was really looking forward to it but I have something to do with work that I absolutely have to attend
Old 09-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #213
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
Hylton did you ask Scott -fbodfather to show up so that the guys could meet him? That would be awesome. This is a first, I think of what your doing!!

Bye Rick

Scott has an open invitation to any and every Camaro5 event. He has been very busy setting up his own event being held as I type this (Cleveland). I did not want to put yet another thing on his "to do" list at least until his event was over. I will be calling him after I get everything finalized. I want to remind everyone that this is about the Camaro Assembly plant workers, not Scott or the plant. If Scott does come, I guarantee he'll be first in line to shake all the plant workers hands.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #214
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Ive already picked out a spot on my car for signing
Dennis - I put you down as bringing your car. Besides, we needed another IOM to attend.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #215
Nostromo

Drives: '11 DTS, '11 Yuk' Denali
There's something to be said regarding making a pilgrimage to one's birthplace. The Camaro is such a vehicle so as to inspire this. I hope all in attendance thoroughly enjoy themselves and make the trip safely.

An automobile assembly plant is really something to see. When I was privileged to be employed at GM's Wilmington assembly plant, even though I was jaded a bit by having been involved with car & truck building for some time, witnessing the vehicle come into being, seeing it being driven off the final line, imbued with life so to speak, by the labors of human hands, never lost its appeal for me.
Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #216
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
There's something to be said regarding making a pilgrimage to one's birthplace. The Camaro is such a vehicle so as to inspire this. I hope all in attendance thoroughly enjoy themselves and make the trip safely.

An automobile assembly plant is really something to see. When I was privileged to be employed at GM's Wilmington assembly plant, even though I was jaded a bit by having been involved with car & truck building for some time, witnessing the vehicle come into being, seeing it being driven off the final line, imbued with life so to speak, by the labors of human hands, never lost its appeal for me.
Awesome way to put into words what it must feel like to build an automobile...I can't even imagine the excitement of being part of a build team for the GREATEST CAR IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE CAMARO
Old 09-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #217
Kenny

Drives: 2010 SS RS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Dennis - I put you down as bringing your car. Besides, we needed another IOM to attend.

Yes...yes indeed...getting a little worried there won't be enough of us

On a more serious note i don't see any VR cars on the list....come on people!!!

Ken
Old 09-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #218
andrewb

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Hi guys it's andrew -

I will be coming for sure as I live in Peterborough which is only 45 minutes away from the oshawa plant. I'll be bringing my Yellow with Black Stripe Camaro!

Can't wait

Andew
still coming on oct day sign me up
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #219
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
On a more serious note i don't see any VR cars on the list....come on people!!!

Ken
Good point! Ed - I know you are reading this! We need you and your VR Camaro! Email me at hyltonj@aol.com
Old 09-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #220
SQUALO

Drives: Chevrolets
IOM's are unique in themselves, when the sun starts to go down, they tend to change to a shade of red. I've always said it, that our IOM's are like cameleons, they change color to protect themselves.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #221
CAMAROBILLY

Drives: 2SS/RS Vert
Thumbs up Friday October 2, 2009 OSHAWA

Hi my name is Bill . . . JAREDCAN!
I just took possession of my 2010 2SS RS SIM CGS 6M & Roof on Thursday September 10. The funny thing on my back home from Toronto Tuesday September 8 I stopped in and drove by the Camaro Oshawa plant. When, I got home (Montreal) around three o'clock PM I got a call from the dealer that they just received my Camaro by transport truck this morning!
Man count me! I very much would like to be a part of the celebrations in Oshawa!!!
CAMAROBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:17 AM   #222
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Hey Guys,

I've been TDY and with minimal access to web....I'm checking but am fairly sure I can attend. I will be driving from St. Louis....840miles each way....Victory Red, 2SS/RS, GFX, etc.....

I will confirm in the next 24hr! Hylton, you truly are the "man" for organizing this and giving us a chance to give a hearty THANK YOU to the Oshawa Team for building such a supremely awesome car.

Delivered: 29 June 09 !!!

Current:
'57 BelAir 2Dr Post
'07 Avalanche LTZ (daily driver)
'10 Traverse (wife's demo)
'99 Harley FLHTC
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:06 AM   #223
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
where is the plant yet..i havent seen a state..and i really dont have any idea where its at..lol..i may go..dunno yet..just wondering where it was..i will probably not be able to make it anyway because my car is getting some fix ups for the MTI Funfest..but maybe i can go..if i find out where it is.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:59 AM   #224
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
where is the plant yet..i havent seen a state..and i really dont have any idea where its at..lol..i may go..dunno yet..just wondering where it was..i will probably not be able to make it anyway because my car is getting some fix ups for the MTI Funfest..but maybe i can go..if i find out where it is.
Its not in a state ... its in the province of Ontario. Canada. The plant is a little east of Toronto.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote