Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #409
Angelina

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
I got my EDL!

About Time!!! LOL

Drives: 2SS RS, IOM, Auto, Sunroof

Delivered: 5/15/09
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #410
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
About Time!!! LOL

Gosh, I know, right! Took 11 freaking days!

Good thing you told me to get it when you did.

lol
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #411
hamidar05

Drives: 10 Camaro/69 Bronco/08 Mazda3
Oh Canada!

Thanks so much for my car! I totally love it!
VIN# 34612
Bitchin Camaro - Dead Milkmen - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/8092
Thank You Oshawa - Domo arigato Mr. Roboto
~1600 mi so far - 07/18/10
hamidar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #412
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
RetroDude - did you book through the link in the first post? If so with your booking we're officially at 15 rooms for the Friday night now so we get the party suite at the cheap rate. I knew this wasn't a problem b/c I figure there are still a few of you guys that haven't booked your room yet. But if you book directly thru the hotel site and not using the group rate link in the first post then it doesn't count towards our quota.
Well, .. I did go through the link on page 1, but found that if I pre-paid for the 2 days in advance, the 1 King Executive room only cost me $101.95 for Thursday and $108.95 for Friday ... not the $125 / night they quoted us for the "Camaros 5com" group rate ( which was cheaper than the $129.95 standard rate for that room ). This worked out to a savings of $23.05 for Thursday and $16.05 for Friday for a combined savings of $39.10

Is there someone at the hotel I can contact directly?? To let them know I am apart of the Camaro5 Group! This shouldn't be a problem if we are currently holding 14 rooms and mine would be 15 when 15 is a cheaper rate you say.

Anyways, let me know who I should address this to and I will take care of it after all, they already got my money for the room.
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #413
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Just left Amanda a message at the Holiday Inn informing her that I am apart of the Camaro5 Group, but had pre-booked my rooms through the Holiday Inn Web site instead. I don't forsee this being a problem since we are already holding at 14 rooms for Friday Night ( mine would be #15 ) and 15 would give us a better rate for rental purposes ( ie: Beer Room ) so I'm told.

Will let you know as soon as I hear anything from Amanda.
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:58 PM   #414
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Just left Amanda a message at the Holiday Inn informing her that I am apart of the Camaro5 Group, but had pre-booked my rooms through the Holiday Inn Web site instead. I don't forsee this being a problem since we are already holding at 14 rooms for Friday Night ( mine would be #15 ) and 15 would give us a better rate for rental purposes ( ie: Beer Room ) so I'm told.

Actually that is a bit of a problem but don't worry about it.

IMPORTANT - IF YOU HAVEN'T BOOKED A ROOM YET PLEASE READ:
I spoke to the hotel manager today. Some of you guys did find that at certain times (not always) you could get certain rooms for cheaper than the group rate (Like RetroDude). The reason for this is either you got a room with single beds or you got a pre-paid/non-refundable rate. The group rate is refundable. Or rather I should say was refundable.

As of yesterday (Friday) the group rate (and the link in post #1) had to be cut-off. (Typical hotel procedure - nothing we could do - they already extended it for us 1 week). So don't use that link anymore. It won't work.

If you haven't booked your room yet you have a couple choices. Call the hotel directly; specify whatever room you want; quote that you're part of the Camaro5 group; they "may" be able to give you a cheaper rate (can't be guaranteed at this time); book your room. Alternative 2 is you can go to their website & book your room. If you book online, we will have to notify them you're part of our group.

Besides the pricing, there is no difference for your guys by specifying you're part of our group. BUT, we are getting a party room Friday night. If thw ehave at least 15 rooms booked Friday night at or above the group rate, then we get the room for cheap. But no worries guys b/c I think we're already at the required quota (or very very close).

All's lookin' good in Oshawa as of today. More information to come!

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #415
CanadianCamaro

ROAD REPORT - EASTBOUND 401

ROAD REPORT - HWY 401 EASTBOUND MISSISSAUGA TO HOTEL

Greetings all. Took a drive over to ‘the Shwa’ (Oshawa) today. For those of you coming up the 401 from Buffalo/Niagara etc. here is the road report between Mississauga and the exit in Oshawa for the hotel as of Sept 26/09. NOTE – These conditions may change in the next 5 days!:

- Construction thru part of Mississauga – Lane shifts – However no pavement grinding (grooved pavement) in this stretch. West of Mississauga – I don’t know

- Pavement grinding for a 1 mile stretch near Markham Rd in the Express lanes only - To avoid, merge Express lanes to Collector lanes at Kennedy Rd.

Happy Driving!

Old 09-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #416
SQUALO

Drives: '10 Camaro SS into a '15 Stingray
Quote:
ROAD REPORT - HWY 401 EASTBOUND MISSISSAUGA TO HOTEL

Greetings all. Took a drive over to ‘the Shwa’ (Oshawa) today. For those of you coming up the 401 from Buffalo/Niagara etc. here is the road report between Mississauga and the exit in Oshawa for the hotel as of Sept 26/09. NOTE – These conditions may change in the next 5 days!:

- Construction thru part of Mississauga – Lane shifts – However no pavement grinding (grooved pavement) in this stretch. West of Mississauga – I don’t know

- Pavement grinding for a 1 mile stretch near Markham Rd in the Express lanes only - To avoid, merge Express lanes to Collector lanes at Kennedy Rd.

Happy Driving!
Those are the same conditions as last week, when I went out that way. Just to confirm, Scott, the hotel is just east of the off ramp @ Bloor ST.E, after the "S" bends, right?
Old 09-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #417
CanadianCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Those are the same conditions as last week, when I went out that way. Just to confirm, Scott, the hotel is just east of the off ramp @ Bloor ST.E, after the "S" bends, right?
That's correct. Exit Bloor. Turn left at the end of the ramp. Goes over the 401. Follow thru S bends - Hotel on your right. OnStar works better than me though

Last edited by CanadianCamaro; 09-27-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #418
jxmot

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post

A while back when the hotel and group rate info was posted I had called the hotel and booked then. The camaro5 rate was $115. Should I call again?
Old 09-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #419
CanadianCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxmot View Post
A while back when the hotel and group rate info was posted I had called the hotel and booked then. The camaro5 rate was $115. Should I call again?
If you identified yourself as part of the group then no - you're good.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #420
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Hylton, we're passing through on our way to meetings in Michigan, Sat. AM. We'll drop by for a nibble 'n a slurp thru the supper hour, if that's possible...

Oh, and we'll also have '96 SS Prototype #2, if Terry can keep up...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #421
jxmot

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
If you identified yourself as part of the group then no - you're good.
Sure did! Thanks!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #422
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
I'm not going to be able to make it to this one. I had planned a vacation for October 7th - 27th and I am going to be driving my new car down to Florida. I've used up all my vacation for that.

I'd like to say thanks to the Oshawa team as the quality is really great on this car. If I was to nitpick, I see some fisheyes in the paint, but that is inside the door and can be covered with the dool sil protectors.

I thought it would be fun to bring my car as the options and color combination that I picked are pretty rare. 1 of 10 of all manual transmission V8's and V6's and 1 of 2 in V6. It was unique when I bought my car.

My dad is retired from GM, and this was the first car I ever felt passionate about getting, and using the GMS discount for. This car is my 2nd car I've ever bought.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:48 AM   #423
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
I MAY be out, i have to re and re the motor in the wifes car, keep you posted.
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #424
CanadianCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
I MAY be out, i have to re and re the motor in the wifes car, keep you posted.
Just sneak it onto the line and drop an LS3 into it

Hope you can make it out for at least part of the events

Old 09-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #425
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
To everyone who has sent a letter/email to my Hyltonj@aol.com address, please make sure that you have signed it with your real name, city and state. If you forgot, just email a quick note with this info and I will include it in your letter of appreciation.

Thanks,
Hylton