Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #151
RedRaider
 
RedRaider's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Tahoe LT, 2010 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 377
Read this thread for more info about the Rear Park Assist:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39543

Quote:

Product Change #1 - Rear Park Assist:
Introduction of Rear Park Assist (RPO: UD7) as a standard feature on 2LT (1EH37) and 2SS (1ET37) models, as well as an addition to the Convenience and Connectivity Package (RPO: SRJ) for the 1LT model effective with production the week of Monday, August 31, 2009.

Impact:
• The base model price of the 2LT, 2SS and the option package price of the Convenience and Connectivity Package will increase by $295 MSRP.
• STOCK orders scheduled to be produced the week of August 31, 2009, will have Rear Park Assist automatically added to orders and their prices adjusted accordingly.
• SOLD orders “in process” (Event 2000 or greater) will be produced without Rear Park Assist regardless of when the order is scheduled for production, and the MSRP will not reflect the $295 increase.
• Camaro SOLD orders “on hand” for 2LT and 2SS models, and 1LT models with option code SRJ, as of Thursday, August 27, will be placed in an “error pending” status requiring corrective action.
RedRaider is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #152
3BVert
 
3BVert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 380
Might want to check out this thread... This weeks Camaro Ordering Constraints! http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...d=1#post852611
__________________
2SS/RS Red Jewel Tintcoat
6-Speed Automatic
3BVert is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #153
O2BQIK
 
Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas area
Posts: 596
I think the car is harder to see out of when parking than most, and if the average Joe agrees with me, then this feature will be appreciated by many buyers. I'm really glad GM is paying attention to the market, and really glad to see them giving the Camaro this kind of option which will make it more attractive to first-time buyers.
__________________
2010 Camaro SS in black/beige: Sold. | '91 Camaro RS: Still the dream car!
'98 Camaro SS: Incon twin turbo. Sold | '99 Camaro SS: Heads/cam/bolt-ons. Sold.
O2BQIK is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #154
Mikk2K
 
Mikk2K's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro LTRS, '12 Pro4x Frontier
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hartford, WI
Posts: 319
Quote:
This is getting really irritating...

For people like this... The "anti-technology" people... Along with the "gotta-be-a-manual" people... Trying to keep everything old school, and do-it-yourself... Why not get rid of power windows while you're at it? You have arms, you can crank them windows down manually! And power mirrors? Screw 'em! I'm sure you have a friend that wouldn't mind sitting in the passenger seat and adjust them for you. What about power steering? Don't you want to "feel" like you're actually steering the car? And no key fobs for you either. How about manually unlocking your door with your key from now on... That should make you feel more comfortable.

You see... technology is moving forward... little by little, car manufacturers are adding new features to help us... That does not mean people don't know how to do stuff. Do we not know how to roll up an old-school window? Or adjust a mirror? Of course we can, if necessary. But these new technologies are there to help. Do you think people bitched and complained about the first wheel being invented? "You're using what?! To make transporting stuff easier?! You fail at life! You have arms and legs, just walk and carry that stuff over your shoulder!"

Meanwhile, you are sitting on the internet... the most technologically advanced and "convenient" form of communication we currently have... Why don't you go back to hand-writing letters and sending them in the mail?

Or better yet, just go back into your cave while the rest of the world advances around you.
I couldn't agree more. I was so excited to read this great news today. I was really on the edge of the fence of just waiting for the 2011 model because I knew it would have this feature. I've got a build week of 9/7 so happy day for me, even though I caved and order 2010 I still get this excellent feature. My parents have an 02 Chevy Venture with these installed in the bumper, and they are not that big of deal. They are great to have for that small object that is out of your field of view. I don't see people complaining about door handles because the mess up the lines of the car. Seriously if your complaining about this you live a really sheltered life.
Mikk2K is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #155
3BVert
 
3BVert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikk2K View Post
I couldn't agree more. I was so excited to read this great news today. I was really on the edge of the fence of just waiting for the 2011 model because I knew it would have this feature. I've got a build week of 9/7 so happy day for me, even though I caved and order 2010 I still get this excellent feature. My parents have an 02 Chevy Venture with these installed in the bumper, and they are not that big of deal. They are great to have for that small object that is out of your field of view. I don't see people complaining about door handles because the mess up the lines of the car. Seriously if your complaining about this you live a really sheltered life.
If the This weeks Camaro Ordering Constraints! (link above) thread is true. Orders past 2000 won't get park assist.
__________________
2SS/RS Red Jewel Tintcoat
6-Speed Automatic
3BVert is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #156
markbolt
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Trenton IL
Posts: 314
I've had mind for two weeks now, but going thru the owners manual I notice a page dedicated to the parking assist. So they new this was coming, not sure why it wasn't installed from the get go. Glad it wasn't but it's in the manual already. Take a look
markbolt is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #157
WySS
 
WySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 CGM A9125214
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 155
There was a post about a month back with a picture of the sensors, there for 3 or 4 Camaros sitting outside with different colored body panels and bumpers like they were made from spare parts. I've searched and searched the forum but cant find the thread to save my life. Does anyone else remember?
WySS is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #158
markbolt
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Trenton IL
Posts: 314
IT's an option for you to add. Read below.

Courtesy of member CamaroScotty, it’s been confirmed that backup sensors will be available on the 2010 Camaro beginning on August 31, 2009. The sensors will be included on the 2SS, 2LT and 1LT w/ SRJ package. These sensors should be helpful for those who have rear-viewing difficulty due to the Camaro’s rear width and strong shoulder lines.

The sensor’s price has been quoted at $295 as a separate option
markbolt is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #159
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
From what I understand it is not an option, it is in the models mentioned at that cost. Camaro5 quoted me as saying option - which I did not.
CamaroScotty is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #160
ajp
Imperial Blue Steel
 
ajp's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,737
Still unclear on this:

• STOCK orders scheduled to be produced the week of August 31, 2009, will have Rear Park Assist automatically added to orders and their prices adjusted accordingly.
• SOLD orders “in process” (Event 2000 or greater) will be produced without Rear Park Assist regardless of when the order is scheduled for production, and the MSRP will not reflect the $295 increase.

I have a TPW of 8/31, so mine will get Park Assist? But any orders after mine (>2000 but < 3300) will not get Park Assist.

But anyone at <3000 could have it added/removed as an option?
ajp is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #161
3BVert
 
3BVert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
Still unclear on this:

• STOCK orders scheduled to be produced the week of August 31, 2009, will have Rear Park Assist automatically added to orders and their prices adjusted accordingly.
• SOLD orders “in process” (Event 2000 or greater) will be produced without Rear Park Assist regardless of when the order is scheduled for production, and the MSRP will not reflect the $295 increase.

I have a TPW of 8/31, so mine will get Park Assist? But any orders after mine (>2000 but < 3300) will not get Park Assist.

But anyone at <3000 could have it added/removed as an option?
If a dealer ordered the car to sell in the showroom (STOCK order), the cars will automatically get the park assist and the price will go up.

If the dealer ordered a car for a specific person (SOLD order), park assist MUST be added if it is lower than 2000. If it is 2000 or higher, park assist will not be added.

That's how I read it.
__________________
2SS/RS Red Jewel Tintcoat
6-Speed Automatic
3BVert is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #162
RedRaider
 
RedRaider's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Tahoe LT, 2010 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BVert View Post
If a dealer ordered the car to sell in the showroom (STOCK order), the cars will automatically get the park assist and the price will go up.

If the dealer ordered a car for a specific person (SOLD order), park assist MUST be added if it is lower than 2000. If it is 2000 or higher, park assist will not be added.

That's how I read it.
+1
RedRaider is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #163
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
too bad that logic doesn't include the fact that the 15k members of the forum dont all own camaro's.


there might be a good 1k of us here with actual cars. the rest are just around cause they enjoy the car.

then out of those, how many actually dislike this idea... i like it personally, and no... i dont have kids and yes i driver perfectly well but i certainly dont mind something that helps.
That doesn't include the fact that I never said every single user on this forum owns a Camaro. I said that the number of people here represents half or more current owners.

Your illogical assertion fails to realize that this forum does not require a login to be able to read the posts. At any given moment there are roughly twice as many guests browsing the forum than there are people actually logged in as registered members.

Using grade school math, we can conclude that this forum represents 15,427 registered members PLUS 30,854 "guests". That makes the total number of people on here something in the neighborhood of 46,281.

I think it would be completely foolish of you to continue to claim that this forum does not represent 5th generation Camaro owners. I would suspect that a tiny fraction of the current owners DO NOT visit this forum. Maybe 1,000 of all owners don't own a computer?

Thank you for playing!
Captain Awesome is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #164
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BQIK View Post
I think the car is harder to see out of when parking than most, and if the average Joe agrees with me, then this feature will be appreciated by many buyers. I'm really glad GM is paying attention to the market, and really glad to see them giving the Camaro this kind of option which will make it more attractive to first-time buyers.
DON'T MAKE ME PAY FOR DOODADS I DON'T WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the ability impaired who will appreciate this can pay their own way for a separate option.
Captain Awesome is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #165
Blownhotrodder

 
Blownhotrodder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE BRM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sugar Hill, GEORGIA
Posts: 1,846
How lame. If you cant back the car then maybe you need to buy something else. Technology is grand aint it, just think a few years from now we may even have autopilot where you dont even drive the car anymore. It does it for you, because well driving is dangerous and someone might get runover. More weight, more money, more complicated crap to go wrong, blah. Now I know where the extra money they are saving on the gm chiklets is going. It should atleast be an option.
Blownhotrodder is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #166
levi1922

 
levi1922's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,379
so since my car is 3300, and i REALLY want park assist, what do i do now? i was actually really excited about having it. and my dealer is very behind on all things GM, so im sure asking him would be no help. :(
__________________
levi1922 is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #167
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,842
So, we can expect to see those silly little circles on the rear bumper now? Do not want. hope it's optional...
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #168
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
How lame. If you cant back the car then maybe you need to buy something else. Technology is grand aint it, just think a few years from now we may even have autopilot where you dont even drive the car anymore. It does it for you, because well driving is dangerous and someone might get runover. More weight, more money, more complicated crap to go wrong, blah. Now I know where the extra money they are saving on the gm chiklets is going. It should atleast be an option.
.

.......
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #169
superstockcam
Member
 
superstockcam's Avatar
 
Drives: a
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: here
Posts: 931
Who cant figure out where the back of the car is by looking at the seat to rear distance before getting in?? basic driving skill overthought again.
__________________
.
superstockcam is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #170
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...
 
PnCRedJwl2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS RJT/Sun Roof/Gray Seats
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Schertz, TX
Posts: 833
I spoke with my dealer about this today. He read directly from the same letter quoted in earlier posts. He then confirmed that, for my camaro (order status 3300, TPW 09/07), they will NOT be adding the rear parking assist sensors. Basically, if your order is currently in the system as of the day the letter came out (yesterday?), and if your are at or beyond status 2000, don't plan on seeing this addition to your car. Also, he did confirm that the price would increase by $295.00.

I asked if it could be special-ordered or added later...he thinks it would be one hell of an aftermarket add-on because of the wiring and rear bumper mods that would be needed. He was not optimistic.

I'm kind of bummed...would like to have the feature. He said I could cancel my current order and place a new order...I said NO THANKS!

I'll live without it and have my RJT by the end of Sep!
__________________
PnCRedJwl2SS
2SS / RS, L99 AT, RJT, Black w/Gray Interior, Power Sun Roof, & Polished Aluminum Wheels!
___________________________________________

___________________________________________
1100, Preliminary order accepted 08-06-09 NMRJ0X
3800, Produced - Built 9-09-09 VIN A9144011
5000, Delivered to the dealer and home! 9-16-09
PnCRedJwl2SS is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #171
levi1922

 
levi1922's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
I spoke with my dealer about this today. He read directly from the same letter quoted in earlier posts. He then confirmed that, for my camaro (order status 3300, TPW 09/07), they will NOT be adding the rear parking assist sensors. Basically, if your order is currently in the system as of the day the letter came out (yesterday?), and if your are at or beyond status 2000, don't plan on seeing this addition to your car. Also, he did confirm that the price would increase by $295.00.

I asked if it could be special-ordered or added later...he thinks it would be one hell of an aftermarket add-on because of the wiring and rear bumper mods that would be needed. He was not optimistic.

I'm kind of bummed...would like to have the feature. He said I could cancel my current order and place a new order...I said NO THANKS!

I'll live without it and have my RJT by the end of Sep!
haha, yes, that is the exact situation i am in. how ever, mines CGM im looking for another aftermarket system that i can place in the diffuser or just above it.
__________________
levi1922 is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #172
levi1922

 
levi1922's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BVert View Post
Here you go...
think you could measure the notch placeee? (:
__________________
levi1922 is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #173
3BVert
 
3BVert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
think you could measure the notch placeee? (:
Approximation:

The width is about 4 1/2". It's about 1/2" tall. In the center is a cutout (perforation) where the light assembly obiously goes. It's about 1 1/2" wide. All I have handy is a rigid ruler so it's hard to get an exact height. Suffice it to say that it's less than the 1/2". There's a small border at the top and bottom.

Hope this helps. Here's a closeup pic:
Attached Images
 
__________________
2SS/RS Red Jewel Tintcoat
6-Speed Automatic
3BVert is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #174
geminidreams


 
geminidreams's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
That's right, some people have said the view out of a Camaro is limited..But as of August 31st, Camaro's will be built with back up sensors. A new feature for those with cars on order!

Back up sensors will be included on the 2SS, 2LT and 1LT w/SRJ package.


Yup you were so right my dealer told me today and mine will have it of course with the extra 295.00 added to the MRSP. ITs all good.

Thanks for all your information on this site.
geminidreams is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #175
peel out
Peel Out
 
peel out's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange 6sp
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: grove city ohio
Posts: 48
Its in my manual

Got my car last friday, was reading the owners manual and it said my car has back up sensors, (which it does not), looks like blinking lights will be installed in the center of the rear view window on the ledge. there are no dots on my bumper, there is aldo no lights on my rear window ledge??????????????
peel out is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product! 2010 Camaro Rear Trunk Panel Blackout Kit! RPI Designs Exterior Parts & Accessories 22 10-08-2014 12:42 PM
Camaro Laws ChevyNut Off-topic Discussions 102 06-06-2011 10:34 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
Abu Dhabi Hosts 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Regional Premiere camaro5 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 11-28-2008 06:01 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.