Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing Discussions on mechanical maintenance and servicing of your Camaro

Old 08-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
Yellojacket

Drives: 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Saw a shiny black camaro today....

On the way home from work in Laurel, MD. Nice looking black one waiting to enter the bay of the local JIFFY LUBE! I sooo wanted to stop and run over there to save this car from the horrible fate that awaited it by the grease monkey in "the pit." I for one will never have my Camaro anywhere near a Jiffy Lube.
I took my old Storm GSi there (yes I was young and stupid back then. On the way home I notice smoke coming from under the hood... Dumb*ss didn't bother to put the filler cap back on the car, it was just sitting on top the engine rattling around. Some oil splash onto the exhaust manifold and voila... smoke screen. My apologies to anyone here that works for a Jiffy Lube or knows anyone that works there...
Yellojacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
pearlyellow

Drives: Chevrolet
Black is soo sexy
pearlyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
montej23

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro
were u able to save the camaro from a bad experience ?
montej23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Its not rocket surgery. Its one bolt and a filter. I bring my car to oil change places all the time. I buy my own oil and filter and they do the work for like $8.00. It beats having to store and bring oil to recycling places.

LSX engines have been out for over a decade now. There is nothing magical about them or how to change the oil in them.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
If an oil change comes due and I'm not in my city near my home with the stuff to do it myself (road trip, etc..) i've been known to bring oil and filters and get them to do it... but I watch like a hawk.
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #6
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliwrench View Post
If an oil change comes due and I'm not in my city near my home with the stuff to do it myself (road trip, etc..) i've been known to bring oil and filters and get them to do it... but I watch like a hawk.
Kinda like buying all the groceries and asking Emeril LaGasse to cook for you?
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:20 AM   #7
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellojacket View Post
On the way home from work in Laurel, MD. Nice looking black one waiting to enter the bay of the local JIFFY LUBE! I sooo wanted to stop and run over there to save this car from the horrible fate that awaited it by the grease monkey in "the pit." I for one will never have my Camaro anywhere near a Jiffy Lube.
I took my old Storm GSi there (yes I was young and stupid back then. On the way home I notice smoke coming from under the hood... Dumb*ss didn't bother to put the filler cap back on the car, it was just sitting on top the engine rattling around. Some oil splash onto the exhaust manifold and voila... smoke screen. My apologies to anyone here that works for a Jiffy Lube or knows anyone that works there...

My brother-in-law called me one day about a year ago... said he had white smoke pouring out of everywhere, said he just had is oil changed at Jiffy lube -- crawled under the car and saw the oil filter laying on the ground. They attempted to put the wrong filter on... never screwed all the way on (threads were wrong).

Was without the car for months while they decided what to do, they eventually replaced the motor, with a rebuild... he didn't complain -- the old one had 130k+ miles on it.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote