Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
Colts
 
Drives: 2LT RS IBM Artic White Stripes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 24
Offer Made

I went on last Saturday to dealer to order my Camaro LT2. We walked in waited then asked for the sales manager about ordering. He came up to me and said I have an opportunity for you. For those of you who donít know this is the 100th anniversary of the (IMS) Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He begins to tell me I can take delivery on September 7th. I say how and how much. He then begins to say that you will take delivery at the IMS of course I am intrigued. The chance to be at the speedway with the camaro is unreal and makes you have goose bumps thinking about it. He said thatís not all. This car is 1 of only 24 being made and it will be a 2SS fully stocked with special decals commemorating the anniversary of the IMS. Your picture will be taken with the owners of the track and thatís not all. Since you are taking delivery at the track you will be given the opportunity to drive the first 2.5 miles on your car around the track and by the way they have a special camera set up at the yard of bricks to take a shot of you crossing the start finish line. I was so excited then of course I asked how much he said only 44k. I just could not resist. I told him if I wanted my marriage to last that I would have to stick to the plan and order the LT2 he said I donít blame you. I just wish you could have since they will sit at each of the Indianapolis lots until they are bought. What an offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could. This is one of those moments I may regret. naaaaaa I still orderd one and in six weeks i will driving a ledgen
Colts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 16,009
Good Luck, and welcome to the forum. btw, 6 weeks is a pipe dream, I wish you well. your 6 weeks will come and go, your wait will be closer to 10 - 12 weeks. jsut be prepared, but it will be worth it.
__________________
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:15 AM   #3
Jeanius


 
Jeanius's Avatar
 
Drives: Blk/Blk LS3 SS
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Golden State
Posts: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
btw, 6 weeks is a pipe dream, I wish you well. your 6 weeks will come and go, your wait will be closer to 10 - 12 weeks. jsut be prepared, but it will be worth it.
Ordered 5/18 and ETA to railyard is 9/2. Then it still has to get trucked to the dealer!
__________________
2SS LS3 M6 - MGW - Dynatech LT's HF Cats - Magnaflow Street CB - ADM Race CAI - Pedders Xa Coilovers - Pfadt Sways
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
Dewdude
 
Dewdude's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 RS-SS 396 Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 55
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
I went on last Saturday to dealer to order my Camaro LT2. We walked in waited then asked for the sales manager about ordering. He came up to me and said I have an opportunity for you. For those of you who donít know this is the 100th anniversary of the (IMS) Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He begins to tell me I can take delivery on September 7th. I say how and how much. He then begins to say that you will take delivery at the IMS of course I am intrigued. The chance to be at the speedway with the camaro is unreal and makes you have goose bumps thinking about it. He said thatís not all. This car is 1 of only 24 being made and it will be a 2SS fully stocked with special decals commemorating the anniversary of the IMS. Your picture will be taken with the owners of the track and thatís not all. Since you are taking delivery at the track you will be given the opportunity to drive the first 2.5 miles on your car around the track and by the way they have a special camera set up at the yard of bricks to take a shot of you crossing the start finish line. I was so excited then of course I asked how much he said only 44k. I just could not resist. I told him if I wanted my marriage to last that I would have to stick to the plan and order the LT2 he said I donít blame you. I just wish you could have since they will sit at each of the Indianapolis lots until they are bought. What an offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could. This is one of those moments I may regret. naaaaaa I still orderd one and in six weeks i will driving a ledgen
I would have bought that Indy Festival Car in a heartbeat!!!
__________________
Dewdude
69 RS-SS 396 Camaro
2010 Camaro RS-SS Orange w/White Rally Stripes
Dewdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
BoomerandBoozer
 
BoomerandBoozer's Avatar
 
Drives: G35, had '87 & '93 Z28
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Jersey - Exit 8
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Good Luck, and welcome to the forum. btw, 6 weeks is a pipe dream, I wish you well. your 6 weeks will come and go, your wait will be closer to 10 - 12 weeks. jsut be prepared, but it will be worth it.
Don't be so sure, I ordered mine on June 11th, received Aug 11th and it took them 2 weeks to get their allocation, so exactly 6 weeks from GM accepting into production.
BoomerandBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #6
jpsuperman81
That's Right 478whp450tq!
 
jpsuperman81's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indian Trail, NC
Posts: 2,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerandBoozer View Post
Don't be so sure, I ordered mine on June 11th, received Aug 11th and it took them 2 weeks to get their allocation, so exactly 6 weeks from GM accepting into production.
You are the exception and not the rule. Mine took 16 days to make it from canada to dealer in NC that's over two weeks right there.
__________________
I would like to apoligize ahead of time if any of my posts bother you, I am quite a large smartass and very expressive of my opinion!
I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum!
Ordered Feb. 13 2009: 2SS/RS/M6/Sunroof/ Rally Yellow built 8/7 Vin# 33534, Delivered 8/26/09!
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
CloudXTC

 
Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 1,837
we had a thread about this and it was selling for 67k i believe... wow down to 44k awesome
__________________

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #8
CamKam
 
CamKam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pacific, MO
Posts: 34
Wow I'm jealous! I ordered mine on 5/16...still don't have her. So now I'm officially at 15 weeks.
CamKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
BoomerandBoozer
 
BoomerandBoozer's Avatar
 
Drives: G35, had '87 & '93 Z28
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Jersey - Exit 8
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
You are the exception and not the rule. Mine took 16 days to make it from canada to dealer in NC that's over two weeks right there.
I think I had two advantages, I order an auto, think it was moved up when the manuals were put on restriction due to the problems they were having. The other is that being in NJ, very close to the rail hub, transit times was only around 10 days.
I was expecting it to be in around Labor Day, so getting it 3 weeks earlier was a blessing
BoomerandBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #10
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache
 
jrboyd_1980's Avatar
 
Drives: Everything
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,188
The last 3 Camaro's my dealership placed, arrived 5 1/2 weeks after we put the allocations in. And I live in SOUTH SOUTH Texas. So 6 weeks seems to be realistic
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
Colts
 
Drives: 2LT RS IBM Artic White Stripes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 24
Six weeks is not out of the question since my dealer just recieved several of there alocations in that time.
Colts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #12
OldGunner
 
Drives: 2010 RS 2SS IBM Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 10
61 days from the time we ordered till we drove it home.
Attached Images
 
OldGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #13
Colts
 
Drives: 2LT RS IBM Artic White Stripes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 24
IMS Special addition Camaros

Does any one have Pics of the Camaros for the Special IMS (Indianapolis Moter Speedway) eddition and did all 24 get sold?
Colts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #14
MLL67RSSS

 
MLL67RSSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Indy Pace Car
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
we had a thread about this and it was selling for 67k i believe... wow down to 44k awesome
Cloud I beleive you are confusing the 1 of 24 VR Indy Centennial Edition 2SS/RS Camaros with the 1 0f 25 (actually 20 now as five were converted to Brickyard 400 cars) Indy 500 "Festival" SIM 2SS Camaros. Only one Centennial Camaro has shown up on ebay so far, auction hasn't ended yet. There are links to a thread about the Centennial Camaros with photos of 23 of the 24 on the track, and the ebay auction here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42323
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 CAMARO SS 20 POLISHED WHEELS & TIRES 1,800 or Best offer comptect Wheels / Tires 11 07-23-2009 01:33 AM
Made in Canada Camaro23 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 104 07-17-2009 08:05 AM
Going Green, Means going Made In China One Mean Chevy Off-topic Discussions 0 04-26-2009 12:04 AM
Most, never offer what I want...esp US companies Cubanaso General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 36 08-08-2008 12:42 PM
2010 Chevy Camaro to offer two V6s at launch; Z28 to trump SS? radz28 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 51 06-23-2008 12:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.