Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
Revnic

Drives: 2000 Custom Silverado
Thumbs down No allotments

Recently test drove a LS3 SS while out of town, am obsessed now. Long story short I went to my local dealer and tried to buy my car, they wasted their only 2 alotments on stock, a V6, and an L99.

They said they could possibly get another dealers alotment, but even if they wanted to they can't order any LS3s because of the tranny issue. Which is funny because I asked the salesman that test drove with me about that, and he said they had old like 6 camaros, all LS3 6 speeds, and had no problems.

My local dealer also assured me that since I don't expect the car until next summer that I should have no problem if I wait til February to place my order. They said that since we are in Canada, takes about a month to get the order in, another month or two to make the car and delivery is fast since we are neighbors with Ontario.

What do you guys think of all this? Should I order it from a dealer with an alotment? Also, whats the deal with this tranny stuff, my dealer says they haven't received a bulletin saying they can place orders yet. Is it possible they havent taken the hold on sales in canada off yet??

Let me know what you figure.
Revnic is offline   Reply With Quote