Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #26
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Ssooch, maybe the best offer I've had today. So far.

how bout a smokey burnout in remembrance?

Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #27
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT - VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecamaroguy View Post
Sad day indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
It will ba a sad day Monday...

Farewell good friend, farewell… :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post

I really hate to see this!!!

Thanks for all that you have helped us out with here on the boards!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Thrill View Post

I am very sorry for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post

Hopefully whatever you get next will at least dull the pain a little...

Thank you for all the time and devotion you have put into this car we all love so much. Thank you for sharing everything with us here on Camaro5!

Number "Z"
You are the man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyinBlue View Post
But all in, the Camaro just seems to suit me. It fits me just like that favorite pair of jeans. It isn’t a perfect car. Not by a long shot....................but I have found it is perfect for me.

Perfectly stated, Number 3.

Every time I see my car I think, "!wow!"
Every time I get in my car I think," !wow!"
Every time I drive my car I think, "!wow!"

Thank you so much for everything you've done for this community of Camaro enthusiasts. We appreciate it more than we could ever say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Hey Number 3 -

Thanks for sharing all of your adventures with 296. There were many times while we we waiting for our cars to get out of Area 51 that your stories were read and we kept the faith. You and Mrs. Number 3 went beyond the norm and made it a point to show prospective Camaro owners what it was like to live the Camaro lifestyle before they could. You gave rides, you answered questions. People were able to take pictures and video.. We'll all miss you with 296, but are sure that you will end up with another great ride soon.

Here's to you sharing 296 with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
I wanted to say thanks for passing along all your insight on #3 and #296 to us. Photos, reviews, random thoughts...all worth it!

Maybe you'll get lucky next year and be handed the keys to a Z28 'vert to drive for a while. :5thgenvert:

Sounds like this weekend would be a good chance for one last short road trip in #296. Enjoy it while you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Jim,

So very sorry to see 296 go.

But we couldn't be more grateful for everything we've learned and experienced through your willingness to share your time and entusiasm with us.

Thank you, Sir.

I don't know what I would ever do if I had to give back VIN7085, my "ROCKETSHIP"....

That being said, I agree with everyone else's feelings that WE ALL FEEL YOUR PAIN...

I can't imagine losing such a good and loyal "friend"...

I wonder what happens if and when the Fbodfather ever has to part with his beloved Thor

I think we can all agree that we are VERY ATTACHED to our own personal Camaros and wish you and Mrs 3 all the best in your future endeavors and whatever car you are assigned next..........

Thanks for the memories...
Old 08-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #28
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
With or without a Camaro I hope you stay with the forum. Thanks for all your evals, they were priceless to me.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #29
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Goodbye 296. You'll be missed.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #30
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
sad to hear... any idea what they will do with the car?

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #31
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
For some reason I was more excited than sad reading that. I have always appreciated you participation on this forum from the very beginning. You have been extremely helpful to this community, giving us information, and taking breath taking pictures for us to enjoy and drool on. For that I give you many thanks.
However, this is just another stage in life that you must go through. I really hope you continue to supply us with information (even if it isn't Camaro realted). We appreciate all you hard work, and I hope you can join us as another enthusiast/owner on this forum. Maybe a VR 2SS LS3 in memory of 296?

and I've been thinking about a motorcycle as a daily driver. It comes in handy with LA traffic. I just dont know if I'm ready to buy anything else besides a Camaro right now.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #32
Thrillz

Drives: 2012 Charger R/T / 2012 Dodge Ram
Number 3 you are a class act. Enjoyed all that you shared about the new camaro's on this board.

Last edited by Thrillz; 08-29-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #33
Dan3
Captain of the Failboat

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Know anyone looking for a Ducati 916...? LOL
<--- this guy! But my Camaro stoled all my moneyz... :(
Produced - 10 August 2009 : #34143
Delivered - 25 August 2009
Dan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #34
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Cmon, let him keep ummmmmmm!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:35 PM   #35
katman

Drives: 2LT Auto RS sunroof
Well I must say that I envy your job! I hope GM appreciates your dedication!
katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #36
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim

Drives: '10 R6P 2SS/RS M6, '96 S10 ZR2 M5
Tres;

I'm gonna one up SSOOCH a bit.. I have a case or two that I'm not going to finish. I'm gonna get the parking lot and maybe my sink piss drunk in remembrance.

I can only hope that either

A) they put 296 up for dealer auction soon and you get someone (berger perhaps) to snag it

or

B) just go out and pick one up.

WE NEED MOAR BEAUTY SHOTS MANG!

Also

Quote:
Know anyone looking for a BMW K1200GT? LOL
Me.. until the economiez took mah jerbz.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #37
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Number 3,

Where do I start. First and foremost, I echo many of the thoughts and feelings posted previously. You are indeed a class act. Your thorough and colorful posts about your expeditions with Number 3 and later 296 helped me to make it through the last 9 months of waiting for my car. Your excitement for this car and for this site have been contagious.

As far as 296 goes, if you can't keep it then I hope that it goes to some deserving person. For you, I hope you are rewarded with a nice replacement. Nothing will be as good, but maybe something will get close.

Regarding your consideration for a Camaro purchase, I think you should go for it. I fall in love with my car more and more each day. My wife is even a little in love with it! Personally, I think you are destined to purchase a VR one. And it is a nice looking color! I would recommend white stripes on it too!

Whatever happens, please keep posting on here and let us know what is going on with your next ride, your Camaro purchase, and your life in general.

Pete
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #38
cjh1505

Drives: 2001sentra se 2.0,86 iroc z28
i remeber when the drive to cali was posted like it was yesterday. i was so damn mad it wasnt me. i am truly sorry for your loss. 296 shall be missed.

sold! 2007 nissan frontier se made room for my baby cammy!

as of 8/31/09 everything on hold. got laid off from work....and have no idea when i go back...... one day i WILL get my cammy one way or another........
just got as of 6/7/10- 86 iroc z28. blk,red int,5.0 tpi.55k miles as of right now. fixed to much to list. needs paint and she is done!
cjh1505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #39
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I hope the good times have outweighed the bad... And that you'll be hanging around... We need more information on this new car rumor... Z28?

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #40
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I'm sorry to hear it. I'll always remember a silly yet I'm sure important to a lot of members video. Two golf bags! Stick around with your next car. I'll be impressed if you can honestly rate it higher than the Camaro
Old 08-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #41
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
it's just a car! gm will smash it down . it won't be sold to the public. you'll get another one later..
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #42
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
For starters, I hope you won't be leaving the site. Its been my pleasure learning alot about this car through your insightful posts.

Second, maybe you could leave one of those Camaro5 invite cards somewhere in the car. Would be pretty cool if the new owner would join up here.
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:02 AM   #43
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim

Drives: '10 R6P 2SS/RS M6, '96 S10 ZR2 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst equipped View Post
it's just a car! gm will smash it down . it won't be sold to the public. you'll get another one later..
Not true. These CTF cars can be sold. They will be assigned a VIN, and be retrofitted for consumer use. Then, sold at auction as used cars.

It's the IVERS that get crushed because there is no way they can be retrofitted with all the monitoring and diagnostic equipment on board.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:46 AM   #44
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Thanks for the great info on this amazing car! Sorry for your loss. I know I would be devistated if I had to give my car up for more than a few hours (my wife likes to steal it to get to work).