Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #101
CAM75

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Soon, But i got 40 hp.
Glad I'm on the list since you pulled 40rwhp on the dyno with the hood down and no fan...I guess that means I am going to pull what about 80-100 rwhp when I'm doing about 70mph since the ram effect is really the difference maker for Vararam anyway right? AWESOME
CAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #102
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
He dyno'd 380HP with Vararam. Again, stock dyno's have been about what, 360-365 or so. That would mean it's making a good 15-20HP. That's still pretty damn good in my book as long as it's costing under $500. I'm jumping all over it. And like it's been said, it will be producing more HP when driving/ramming air and then headers, piping, and tune will help the Vararam create even more HP.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #103
latinoslife

Drives: silver ice 2010 camaro 2lt RS
im getting a short ram intake i cant wait till it gets here!!!!!!

[IMG][CENTER][/IMG]
latinoslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #104
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM75 View Post
Glad I'm on the list since you pulled 40rwhp on the dyno with the hood down and no fan...I guess that means I am going to pull what about 80-100 rwhp when I'm doing about 70mph since the ram effect is really the difference maker for Vararam anyway right? AWESOME
40 at the most I'm guessing. It would take a cam and a tune to see 100.

11.6 @ 113 1000 DA

www.6l80tuning.com www.6l90tuning.com
Wacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #105
CAM75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacker View Post
40 at the most I'm guessing. It would take a cam and a tune to see 100.
Ummm....it was a joke
Old 09-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #106
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Quote:
I never said no fan, Not a big fan a small fan of 4000 cfm that i pointed at the top of the radiator, And you will see that if you do raise the hood on the dyno the car will lose 8 hp think of a airplane wing and you raise a flap you change the arrow dynamics and lose lift it is the same.

And if you don't like what i have to say don't post in this thread it your right not to believe me, But i don't get a thing for posting on hear and all i do is get things done to help guys out that want info.

Lets see what you have done to help out.

Last edited by 2SSRS@Gen5diy; 09-13-2009 at 07:27 PM.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #107
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8IWON View Post
He dyno'd 380HP with Vararam. Again, stock dyno's have been about what, 360-365 or so. That would mean it's making a good 15-20HP. That's still pretty damn good in my book as long as it's costing under $500. I'm jumping all over it. And like it's been said, it will be producing more HP when driving/ramming air and then headers, piping, and tune will help the Vararam create even more HP.
That is in TX on 93 octan we have 91 my car did get 40 hp and the L99 after me got 309 hp and best was 316hp.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #108
ss1_2010

Drives: 2010 ss1 Cyber grey M6
You can feel the difference when just cruising with vararam and you really notice it when you punch it! Good numbers on the dyno 2SSRS!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #109
2L8IWON

I believe this product works great guys or I wouldn't be patiently waiting for my money to be accepted! And I appreciate you guys taking the time to share your information! I'm not looking for a world record or to win a race against every sports car that pulls up next to me. I want to take care of my baby for long-term, but just want to help her breathe better and sound the way she should really. I will never know what one product will do on the dyno and don't really care because my dyno will be performed after I'm done (total HP when done modding). Probably one dyno with 3" diverters open and one with 3" diverters closed along with Vararam, ARH headers, Flowmaster Super 44s, and tune. If the product is priced right, I know it will be a great add-on. I really hope I can just save a mpg or two in the long-run while driving my SS with a little added confidence.
For the skeptical people, they will just have to wait for others to work on before and after dynos the best way possible. I'm sold though and believe you can feel the difference with the Vararam alone. That's a good enough statement made from someone using the product. Common sense tells me that the way this is designed, any CAI will not be able to do better! I really wish they would start rolling down the waiting list.
I also believe the list of over 200 orders before the first one has been sold relates to the Camaro sales. This will be a very successful product hands down!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #110
SwiftCat
Get me my meds!

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 & solid black, baby!
Quote:
I never said no fan, Not a big fan a small fan of 4000 cfm that i pointed at the top of the radiator, And you will see that if you do raise the hood on the dyno the car will lose 8 hp think of a airplane wing and you raise a flap you change the arrow dynamics and lose lift it is the same.

And if you don't like what i have to say don't post in this thread it your right not to believe me, But i don't get a thing for posting on hear and all i do is get things done to help guys out that want info.

Enough already...stop beating up on the Beta testers! Thanks for everything you're doing 2SSRS, and I'm definitely looking forward to this product to be sent out. There's no such thing as perfection this side of heaven, and just the fact that Vararam is putting so much time and R&D into this product tells me that we're going to have something KILLER on our hands when everything is said and done.
Bring it on, Vararam!
Swifty
SwiftCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #111
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Quote:

So... um... lemme get this straight... Raising the hood during a dyno run will make the car lose 8hp due to aerodynamics?? You mean... that the air flow through the front grille and above the radiator will change when you lift the hood?

Somehow I really doubt this, first off, there's no airflow, save for that "little" 4000 cfm fan that you strategically faced towards the top of the radiator. Raising the hood wouldnt drastically change the airflow that's coming from the fan, and may actually improve it since it would have more "room" to flow out of the open hood...

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #112
CAM75

Quote:

What have I done to try and help??? I have tried to point out that you are giving bad information because you can't use 2 entirely different dynos, different days, who knows what temp and humidity or engine temps to come to a conclusive decision. Yes on average some the cars are dynoing 360-365 but that is on average and there are certainly higher and lower numbers out there so to draw anything conclusive is bogus and BAD information. If you want to say hell yeah this thing feels awesome I can feel the power...that is great.

But if you want to start throwing around numbers as factual gains you should figure out how to properly get those numbers. You don't think that if this was pulling more than twice on the dyno from what everyone else was pulling that Vararam wouldn't have put that out there? C'mon. As far as the whole hood open vs. closed I don't buy that either as this is not a sealed unit...but whatever I am through trying to explain a logical testing method or lack there of...peace!!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #113
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #114
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I agree that a dyno comparison must be the smae day and same dyno. But he isn't hiding thact that is wasn't. He gave us the info and we can draw our own conclusions until we get same dyno comparisons.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #115
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Also his car I am 99% sure is a L99. That is a huge increase in power for that car.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #116
SpeedySoldier

Drives: 97 z28, 03 s10-zr2
"LOUD NOISES!"......I love lamp
SpeedySoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #117
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Quote:
But if you want to start throwing around numbers as factual gains you should figure out how to properly get those numbers. You don't think that if this was pulling more than twice on the dyno from what everyone else was pulling that Vararam wouldn't have put that out there? C'mon. As far as the whole hood open vs. closed I don't buy that either as this is not a sealed unit...but whatever I am through trying to explain a logical testing method or lack there of...peace!!
Thats what Im saying. You would think Vararam would of posted actual gains they got. Sorry Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Your not going to see 30hp from a CAI. And I think the vararam will do every bit of good as any other intake..maybe....maybe a few hp more. But nothing worth the extra $200.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #118
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
So... um... lemme get this straight... Raising the hood during a dyno run will make the car lose 8hp due to aerodynamics?? You mean... that the air flow through the front grille and above the radiator will change when you lift the hood?

Somehow I really doubt this, first off, there's no airflow, save for that "little" 4000 cfm fan that you strategically faced towards the top of the radiator. Raising the hood wouldnt drastically change the airflow that's coming from the fan, and may actually improve it since it would have more "room" to flow out of the open hood...
If you get one you can try it for your self, you will see, But till then don't tell me what it do's or dos not do.

Quote:
What have I done to try and help??? I have tried to point out that you are giving bad information because you can't use 2 entirely different dynos, different days, who knows what temp and humidity or engine temps to come to a conclusive decision. Yes on average some the cars are dynoing 360-365 but that is on average and there are certainly higher and lower numbers out there so to draw anything conclusive is bogus and BAD information. If you want to say hell yeah this thing feels awesome I can feel the power...that is great.

As for you ..........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
Thats what Im saying. You would think Vararam would of posted actual gains they got. Sorry Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Your not going to see 30hp from a CAI. And I think the vararam will do every bit of good as any other intake..maybe....maybe a few hp more. But nothing worth the extra $200.
Vararam will post in time you will see.

Mod please close as i will not give any more info on this thread.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #119
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
some people on here sound like they belong in a mustang forum.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #120
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Wow way to act like a baby when things dont make sense and people question you about it.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #121
2L8IWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Also his car I am 99% sure is a L99. That is a huge increase in power for that car.
Sorry to use the 1%, but I checked his profile and he has a manual 6 speed. I was thinking he did because 380HP would have been absolutely insane on the automatic with just the Vararam.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #122
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Quote:
If you get one you can try it for your self, you will see, But till then don't tell me what it do's or dos not do.
Im not telling you anything... im merely trying to understand the point that you're trying to make.

You seem to be insinuating that by leaving the hood down it will increase the performance of the intake on the dyno. I disagree, I stated that and why I disagreed and your response is.. "dont tell me what it do's or dos not do."??

That makes even less sense!

Im currently #7 on the list. I've been patiently waiting for my intake, but im not sure if I want to spring the cash for it at the moment. 1: im not 100% sure im comfortable with the way the radiator will "rest" against the intake rather than being bolted down at the top. And 2: I find it somewhat frustrating that there's no dyno numbers for this intake yet, and not even a price and we've been waiting for months for the Vararam guys to complete their data logging and trying different combinations....

On one hand, it's pretty comforting to know that there's that degree of dedication and attention to detail involved in the product... But on the other hand, it's disconcerting to have a "beta tester" posting dyno results from 2 different dyno's that are not even the same type, and then claim 40hp gain from the intake. With no dyno results from the manufacturer... we're left to squabble over the proper means to get the true "before and after" results of the intake.

The intake seems to be of the utmost quality and performance level... but the time frame it's taken to come to this point has been excessive I feel... And... did I mention we still dont have a PRICE!

Im going to hold out for a couple more weeks, and then im going to start shopping elsewhere. Im not knocking the product or the engineering process used here... But the way that it's been gone about in just about every other way I feel is a bit ridiculous.

Sorry for the hijack... back on topic

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #123
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8IWON View Post
Sorry to use the 1%, but I checked his profile and he has a manual 6 speed. I was thinking he did because 380HP would have been absolutely insane on the automatic with just the Vararam.
Opps me bad, I got his car and the Vararam in house car backwards. I have been talked to about that car also.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #124
ss1_2010

Drives: 2010 ss1 Cyber grey M6
mine dynod at 374 at lmr stock and I will try and make it to a dyno soon for you guys and I will do back to back dynos with stock airbox and vararam to try and clear things up for you guys.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:30 AM   #125
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
All this beating up the beta tester crap is really offensive to read. He's not an engineer, he didn't design the thing, he's just TESTING it and reporting back what he finds as he finds it. Just take that for what it's worth and stop attacking the guy because he isn't publishing the be-all end-all absolute final OMG numbers for this thing. Let Vararam do that when the unit is finished and they've got a production model to test. Sheesh!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote