Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 06-16-2015, 06:30 AM   #1
Guelphguy

Drives: 2013 - 2SS Vert
Good Deal on DT Muffler Delete on Amazon Canada

Seems like a good deal on the Doug Thorley Muffler Delete, Part #85424, it's on right now for $137.05 with free shipping!

http://www.amazon.ca/Doug-Thorley-He...s=doug+thorley
Guelphguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:22 AM   #2
Guelphguy

Sorry all, looks like later that day price went back up $210. I ended up picking up at set for $137 w/free shipping but looks like it was limited time!
Old 06-17-2015, 03:48 PM   #3
Bozz1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Fyi thats shipping from the US, your going to get hit with 13% Tax and broker charges depending on shipper. Even though I am in canada a lot of my parts are drop shipped from the US and I factor that into the final price (usually dont charge tax at all for US Dropshipped into CAD)

Who is the shipper?
Also you may want to have a muffler shop put these on, I remember the last set I put on wasnt a direct fit and it seems other people had the same issue.
Bozz1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 03:52 PM   #4
JT Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM
too bad it wasn't with twin tips :(
JT Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #5
Bozz1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Camaro View Post
too bad it wasn't with twin tips :(
If your just looking for tips, there are some good 2.5 single to 4" dual tips online that look good on our cars if you want a ZL1 Catback to get twin tips message me. I got another member a ZL1 Corsa Catback and he loved his setup.
Bozz1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #6
Guelphguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozz1LE View Post
Fyi thats shipping from the US, your going to get hit with 13% Tax and broker charges depending on shipper. Even though I am in canada a lot of my parts are drop shipped from the US and I factor that into the final price (usually dont charge tax at all for US Dropshipped into CAD)

Who is the shipper?
Also you may want to have a muffler shop put these on, I remember the last set I put on wasnt a direct fit and it seems other people had the same issue.
I guess I got lucky, they shipped out of a warehouse in Mississauga, arrived in one day. So the price was just 137.05 + tax, free shipping, so turned out OK. I did read about some of the fitment issues so headed over to a friend of mines garage tomorrow to install. He has all the tools, so should go well.

Seems that Amazon dot CA does go through some of these flash sales from time to time but they don't last long.

I picked up a set of LED taillights about a month ago for $77 which seemed cheap to me, so I bought them on impulse. After that I have never seen them below $375.